Supporting young Australians as they navigate COVID-19.
November, 2018 (1)
- Assessing the Impacts of Integrated Decision Support Software on Sexual Orientation Recording, Comprehensive Sexual Health Testing, and Detection of Infections Among Gay and Bisexual Men Attending General Practice: Observational Study.
Callander D, Bourne C, Wand H, Stoové M, Hocking JS, de Wit J, Kaldor JM, Donovan B, Pell C, Finlayson R, Baker D, Forssman B, Tee BK, Kefalas B, Duck T, Guy R
JMIR Med Inform. 2018 Nov; 6(4):e10808
October, 2018 (6)
- Paritaprevir, ritonavir, ombitasvir, and dasabuvir with and without ribavirin in people with HCV genotype 1 and recent injecting drug use or receiving opioid substitution therapy.
Grebely J, Conway B, Cunningham EB, Fraser C, Moriggia A, Gane E, Stedman C, Cooper C, Castro E, Schmid P, Petoumenos K, Hajarizadeh B, Marks P, Erratt A, Dalgard O, Lacombe K, Feld JJ, Bruneau J, Daulouede JP, Powis J, Bruggmann P, Matthews GV, Kronborg I, Shaw D, Dunlop A, Hellard M, Applegate TL, Crawford S, Dore GJ; D3FEAT Study Group
Int J Drug Policy. 2018 Oct; 62:94-103
- Acceptability and preferences of point-of-care finger-stick whole-blood and venepuncture hepatitis C virus testing among people who inject drugs in Australia.
Bajis S, Maher L, Treloar C, Hajarizadeh B, Lamoury FMJ, Mowat Y, Schulz M, Marshall AD, Cunningham EB, Cock V, Ezard N, Gorton C, Hayllar J, Smith J, Whelan M, Martinello M, Applegate TL, Dore GJ, Grebely J; LiveRLife Study Group
Int J Drug Policy. 2018 Oct; 61:23-30
- Adherence to sofosbuvir and velpatasvir among people with chronic HCV infection and recent injection drug use: The SIMPLIFY study.
Cunningham EB, Amin J, Feld JJ, Bruneau J, Dalgard O, Powis J, Hellard M, Cooper C, Read P, Conway B, Dunlop AJ, Norton B, Litwin AH, Hajarizadeh B, Thurnheer MC, Dillon JF, Weltman M, Shaw D, Bruggmann P, Gane E, Fraser C, Marks P, Applegate TL, Quiene S, Siriragavan S, Matthews GV, Dore GJ, Grebely J; SIMPLIFY study group
Int J Drug Policy. 2018 Oct; 62:14-23
- Delivering the hepatitis C cure to Aboriginal people: documenting the perspectives of one Aboriginal Health Service.
Wallace J, Hanley B, Belfrage M, Gregson S, Quiery N, Lucke J
Aust J Prim Health. 2018 Oct; 24(6):491-495
- Blood-borne virus transmission in an urban, culturally diverse neighbourhood: results from a cross-sectional bio-behavioural survey using innovative outreach methods in a hard-to-reach population.
Peach E, Cogger S, Byron K, Francis P, O'Keefe D, Higgs P, Stoove M, Elmore K, Dietze P, Hellard M
Sex Health. 2018 Oct; 15(1):54-60
- Detection of virus-specific polymeric immunoglobulin A in acute hepatitis A, C, E virus serum samples using novel chimeric secretory component.
Mohd Hanafiah K, Garcia ML, Barnes NC, Anderson DA
BMC Res Notes. 2018 Oct; 11(1):688
August, 2018 (1)
- Achieving a hepatitis C cure: a qualitative exploration of the experiences and meanings of achieving a hepatitis C cure using the direct acting antivirals in Australia.
Richmond JA, Ellard J, Wallace J, Thorpe R, Higgs P, Hellard M, Thompson A
Hepatol Med Policy. 2018 Aug; 3:8
July, 2018 (5)
- Eliminating hepatitis C: the importance of frequent testing of people who inject drugs in high prevalence settings.
Scott N, Sacks-Davis R, Pedrana A, Doyle J, Thompson A, Hellard M
J Viral Hepat. 2018 Jul; 25(12):1472-1480
- Community-based provision of direct-acting antiviral therapy for hepatitis C: study protocol and challenges of a randomized controlled trial.
Wade AJ, Doyle JS, Gane E, Stedman C, Draper B, Iser D, Roberts SK, Kemp W, Petrie D, Scott N, Higgs P, Agius PA, Roney J, Stothers L, Thompson AJ, Hellard ME
Trials. 2018 Jul; 19(1):383
- Modeling of patient virus titers suggests that availability of a vaccine could reduce hepatitis C virus transmission among injecting drug users.
Major M, Gutfraind A, Shekhtman L, Cui Q, Kachko A, Cotler SJ, Hajarizadeh B, Sacks-Davis R, Page K, Boodram B, Dahari H
Sci Transl Med. 2018 Jul; 10(449):eaao4496
- Report from the International Viral Hepatitis Elimination Meeting (IVHEM), 17-18 November 2017, Amsterdam, the Netherlands: gaps and challenges in the WHO 2030 hepatitis C elimination framework.
Popping S, El-Sayed M, Feld J, Hatzakis A, Hellard M, Lesi O, Ninburg M, Ward J, Boucher C
J Virus Erad. 2018 Jul; 4(3):193-195
- The hepatitis B epidemic and the urgent need for cure preparedness.
Lazarus JV, Block T, Bréchot C, Kramvis A, Miller V, Ninburg M, Pénicaud C, Protzer U, Razavi H, Thomas LA, Wallace J, Cowie BC
Nature Reviews Gastroenterology and Hepatology. 2018 Jul; 25(9):1089-1098
June, 2018 (1)
- Hepatitis C virus notification rates in Australia are highest in socioeconomically disadvantaged areas.
Hainsworth SW, Dietze PM, Wilson DP, Sutton B, Hellard ME, Scott N
PLoS One. 2018 Jun; 13(6):e0198336
May, 2018 (1)
- Eliminating HIV/HCV co-infection in gay and bisexual men: is it achievable through scaling up treatment?
Sacks-Davis R, Pedrana AE, Scott N, Doyle JS, Hellard ME
Expert Rev Anti Infect Ther. 2018 May; 16(5):411-422
April, 2018 (5)
- Immunological responses following administration of a genotype 1a/1b/2/3a quadrivalent HCV VLP vaccine.
Christiansen D, Earnest-Silveira L, Chua B, Meuleman P, Boo I, Grubor-Bauk B, Jackson DC, Keck ZY, Foung SKH, Drummer HE, Gowans EJ, Torresi J
Sci Rep. 2018 Apr; 8(1):6483
- Aiming for elimination: outcomes of a consultation pathway supporting regional general practitioners to prescribe direct acting antiviral therapy for hepatitis C.
Wade AJ, McCormack A, Roder C, McDonald K, Davies M, Scott N, Wardrop M, Athan E, Hellard ME
J Viral Hepat. 2018 Apr; 25(9):1089-1098
- Experiences of liver health related uncertainty and self-reported stress among people who inject drugs living with hepatitis C virus: a qualitative study.
Goutzamanis S, Doyle JS, Thompson A, Dietze P, Hellard M, Higgs P; TAP study group.
BMC Infect Dis. 2018 Apr; 18(1):151
- Hepatitis C Patients Receiving Opioid Substitution Therapy Experience Improvement in Patient-Reported Outcomes Following Treatment with Interferon-Free Regimens.
Stepanova M, Thompson A, Doyle J, Younossi I, de Avila L, Younossi ZM
J Infect Dis. 2018 Apr; 217(17):1033-1043
- Heterogeneity in hepatitis C treatment prescribing and uptake in Australia: a geospatial analysis of a year of unrestricted treatment access.
Scott N, Hainsworth SW, Sacks-Davis R, Pedrana A, Doyle J, Wade A, Hellard M
J Virus Erad. 2018 Apr; 4(2):108-114
February, 2018 (4)
- Antibody Responses to a Quadrivalent Hepatitis C Viral-Like Particle Vaccine Adjuvanted with Toll-Like Receptor 2 Agonists.
Christiansen D, Earnest-Silveira L, Chua B, Boo I, Drummer HE, Grubor-Bauk B, Gowans EJ, Jackson DC, Torresi J
Viral Immunol. 2018 Feb; 31(4):338-343
- Escape of Hepatitis C virus from epitope I neutralization increases sensitivity of other neutralization epitopes.
Gu J, Hardy J, Boo I, Vietheer P, McCaffrey K, Alhammad Y, Chopra A, Gaudieri S, Poumbourios P, Coulibaly F, Drummer HE
J Virol. 2018 Feb; 92(9):e02066-17
- Achieving hepatitis C elimination in Europe - to treatment scale up and beyond.
Hellard M, Scott N, Sacks Davis R, Pedrana A
J Hepatol. 2018 Feb; 68(3):383-385
- Modelling the elimination of hepatitis C as a public health threat in Iceland: a goal attainable by 2020.
Scott N, Ólafsson S, Gottfreðsson M, Tyrfingsson T, Rúnarsdóttir V, Hansdottir I, Benitez Hernandez U, Sigmundsdóttir G, Hellard M
J Hepatol. 2018 Feb; 68(5):932-939
January, 2018 (3)
- The effect of female sex on hepatitis C incidence among people who inject drugs: results from the international multi-cohort InC3 Collaborative.
Esmaeili A, Mirzazadeh A, Morris MD, Hajarizadeh B, Sacks HS, Maher L, Grebely J, Kim AY, Lauer G, Cox AL, Hellard M, Dietze P, Bruneau J, Shoukry NH, Dore GJ, Lloyd AR, Prins M, Page K; InC3 Collaborative.
Clin Infect Dis. 2018 Jan; 66(1):20-28
- Sofosbuvir and velpatasvir for hepatitis C virus infection in people with recent injection drug use (SIMPLIFY): an open-label, single-arm, phase 4, multicentre trial.
Grebely J, Dalgard O, Conway B, Cunningham EB, Bruggmann P, Hajarizadeh B, Amin J, Bruneau J, Hellard M, Litwin AH, Marks P, Quiene S, Siriragavan S, Applegate TL, Swan T, Byrne J, Lacalamita M, Dunlop A, Matthews GV, Powis J, Shaw D, Thurnheer MC, Weltman M, Kronborg I, Cooper C, Feld JJ, Fraser C, Dillon JF, Read P, Gane E, Dore GJ; SIMPLIFY Study Group
Lancet Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2018 Jan; 3(3):153-161
- Eliminating hepatitis C virus as a public health threat among HIV-positive men who have sex with men: a multi-modelling approach to understand differences in sexual risk behaviour.
Scott N, Stoové M, Wilson DP, Keiser O, El-Hayek C, Doyle J, Hellard M
J Int AIDS Soc. 2018 Jan; 21(1):e25059
- Executive (0)
- Healthy Mothers, Healthy Babies (HMHB) (9)
- Eliminate HIV (42)
- Strategic Funding & Partnerships Executive Team (0)
- Disease Elimination (200)
- Maternal, Child and Adolescent Health (143)
- Philanthropy and Supporter Engagement (0)
- Eliminate Viral Hepatitis (23)
- Behaviours and Health Risks (147)
- Eliminate Malaria (29)
- Finance (0)
- Health Security (69)
- Eliminate Tuberculosis (TB) (4)
- Human Resources (0)
- Healthy Ageing (93)
- Research Support and Facilities (0)
- Information Technology (0)
- Laboratory Services (0)
- Education & Training (0)
- Support Services Group (0)
- Project Management and Quality Assurance Office (0)
- Previous Research and Public Health Projects (0)
- Marketing and Communications (0)
- International Operations (3)
- HIV and AIDS (51)
- Sexually Transmitted Infections (STIs) (10)
- Maternal and Child Health (22)
- Malaria (32)
- Immune Disease and Cancer (7)
- Hepatitis B (4)
- Hepatitis C (27)
- Global infectious disease threats (2)
- Injecting Drug Use (26)
- Alcohol and Other Drugs (19)
- Tuberculosis (TB) (4)
- Young People's Health (12)
- Justice Health (3)
- Sexual and Reproductive Health (3)
- Infectious Disease Modelling (3)
- Infectious Diseases Surveillance (2)
- LGBTQIA+ (9)
- Influenza (5)
- Global Adolescent Health (2)