COVID-19 represents an unprecedented health, social and economic challenge in Australia and around the world. Support Burnet’s COVID-19 emergency response today.
December, 2018 (1)
- Detectable Plasma HIV RNA Is Associated With Sensory Neuropathy in Patients With HIV Treated Without Stavudine.
Octaviana F, Safri AY, Setiawan DD, Estiasari R, Imran D, Ranakusuma T, Affandi J, Cherry CL, Price P
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 2018 Dec; 79(4):e108-e110
November, 2018 (2)
- Evaluation of PrEP eligibility criteria using sexually transmissible infections as HIV risk markers at enrolment in PrEPX, a large Australian HIV pre-exposure prophylaxis trial.
Cornelisse VJ, Fairley CK, Stoove M, Asselin J, Chow EPF, Price B, Roth NJ, Willcox J, Tee BK, Penn M, Chang CC, Armishaw J, Forgan-Smith G, Wright EJ; PrEPX study team
Clin Infect Dis. 2018 Nov; 67(12):1847-52
- Assessing the Impacts of Integrated Decision Support Software on Sexual Orientation Recording, Comprehensive Sexual Health Testing, and Detection of Infections Among Gay and Bisexual Men Attending General Practice: Observational Study.
Callander D, Bourne C, Wand H, Stoové M, Hocking JS, de Wit J, Kaldor JM, Donovan B, Pell C, Finlayson R, Baker D, Forssman B, Tee BK, Kefalas B, Duck T, Guy R
JMIR Med Inform. 2018 Nov; 6(4):e10808
October, 2018 (3)
- The estimated number of potential PrEP users among gay-identifying men who have sex with men in Australia.
Zablotska IB, Gray R, Whittaker B, Holt M, Wright E, Prestage G, O'Donnell D, Grulich AE
PLoS One. 2018 Oct; 13(10):e0204138
- Aiming for 90-90-90 - the importance of understanding the risk factors for HIV exposure and advanced HIV infection in migrant populations and other groups who do not report male-to-male sex.
Peach E, Lemoh C, Stoové M, Agius P, El Hayek C, Higgins N, Hellard M
Sex Health. 2018 Oct; 15(5):441-450
- Blood-borne virus transmission in an urban, culturally diverse neighbourhood: results from a cross-sectional bio-behavioural survey using innovative outreach methods in a hard-to-reach population.
Peach E, Cogger S, Byron K, Francis P, O'Keefe D, Higgs P, Stoove M, Elmore K, Dietze P, Hellard M
Sex Health. 2018 Oct; 15(1):54-60
September, 2018 (3)
- Are death and loss to follow-up still high in people living with HIV on ART after national scale-up and earlier treatment initiation? A large cohort study in government hospital-based setting, Myanmar: 2013-2016.
Aung ZZ, Oo MM, Tripathy JP, Kyaw NTT, Hone S, Oo HN, Majumdar SS
PLoS One. 2018 Sep; 13(9):e0204550
- Induction of HIF-1alpha by HIV-1 Infection in CD4(+) T Cells Promotes Viral Replication and Drives Extracellular Vesicle-Mediated Inflammation.
Duette G, Pereyra Gerber P, Rubione J, Perez PS, Landay AL, Crowe SM, Liao Z, Witwer KW, Holgado MP, Salido J, Geffner J, Sued O, Palmer CS, Ostrowski M
MBio. 2018 Sep; 9(5)
- Decline in new HIV diagnoses among MSM in Melbourne.
Chow EPF, Medland NA, Denham I, Wright EJ, Fairley CK
Lancet HIV. 2018 Sep; 5(9):e479-e481
July, 2018 (5)
- Myeloid Dendritic Cells Induce HIV Latency in Proliferating CD4(+) T Cells.
Kumar NA, van der Sluis RM, Mota T, Pascoe R, Evans VA, Lewin SR, Cameron PU
J Immunol. 2018 Jul; 201(5):1468-1477
- Anti-HIV-1 Activity of Lactic Acid in Human Cervicovaginal Fluid.
Tyssen D, Wang YY, Hayward JA, Agius PA, DeLong K, Aldunate M, Ravel J, Moench TR, Cone RA, Tachedjian G
mSphere. 2018 Jul; 3(4):e00055-18
- Cost and cost-effectiveness analysis of pre-exposure prophylaxis among men who have sex with men in two hospitals in Thailand.
Suraratdecha C, Stuart RM, Manopaiboon C, Green D, Lertpiriyasuwat C, Wilson DP, Pavaputanon P, Visavakum P, Monkongdee P, Khawcharoenporn T, Tharee P, Kittinunvorakoon C, Martin M
J Int AIDS Soc. 2018 Jul; 21 Suppl 5:e25129
- Characteristics of men who have sex with men (MSM) and transgender women (TW) in Myanmar who test frequently for HIV.
Veronese V, Min Oo Z, Win Thein Z, Draper B, Aung PP, Ryan C, Thant M, Hughes C, Stoovè M
J Glob Health Rep. 2018 Jul; 2:e2018040
- Suppression of monocyte inflammatory and coagulopathy responses in HIV infection.
Rajasuriar R, Hearps AC, Crowe SM, Anzinger JJ, Palmer CS
Ann Transl Med. 2018 Jul; 6(13):277
June, 2018 (1)
- Measuring and understanding the attitudes of Australian gay and bisexual men towards biomedical HIV prevention using cross-sectional data and factor analyses.
Wilkinson AL, Draper BL, Pedrana AE, Asselin J, Holt M, Hellard ME, Stoové M
Sex Transm Infect. 2018 Jun; 94(4):309-3014
May, 2018 (3)
- Protocol for an HIV Pre-exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP) Population Level Intervention Study in Victoria Australia: The PrEPX Study.
Ryan KE, Mak A, Stoove M, Price B, Fairley CK, Ruth S, Lal L, Asselin J, El-Hayek C, Nguyen L, Batrouney C, Wilson D, Lockwood J, Murphy D, Cornelisse VJ, Roth N, Willcox J, Chang CC, Armishaw J, Tee BK, Penn M, Forgan-Smith G, Williams C, Montgomery J, Byron K, Coelho A, Allen B, Wiggins J, Kelsall J, Vujovic O, West M, Pierce AB, Gallant D, Bell C, de Wit JBF, Hoy JF, Wesselingh SL, Grant RM, Wright EJ
Front Public Health. 2018 May; 6:151
- Polymorphism rs1385129 Within Glut1 Gene SLC2A1 Is Linked to Poor CD4+ T Cell Recovery in Antiretroviral-Treated HIV+ Individuals.
Masson JJR, Cherry CL, Murphy NM, Sada-Ovalle I, Hussain T, Palchaudhuri R, Martinson J, Landay AL, Billah B, Crowe SM, Palmer CS
Front Immunol. 2018 May; 9:900
- Eliminating HIV/HCV co-infection in gay and bisexual men: is it achievable through scaling up treatment?
Sacks-Davis R, Pedrana AE, Scott N, Doyle JS, Hellard ME
Expert Rev Anti Infect Ther. 2018 May; 16(5):411-422
April, 2018 (7)
- The effect of monitoring viral load and tracing patients lost to follow-up on the course of the HIV epidemic in Malawi: A mathematical model.
Estill J, Kerr CC, Blaser N, Salazar-Vizcaya L, Tenthani L, Wilson, DP, Keiser, O
Open Forum Infectious Diseases. 2018 Apr; 5(5):ofy092
- Distinct functions for the membrane proximal ectodomain region (MPER) of HIV-1 gp41 in cell-free and cell-cell viral transmission and cell-cell fusion.
Narasimhulu VGS, Bellamy-McIntyre AK, Laumaea AE, Lay CS, Harrison DN, King HAD, Drummer HE, Poumbourios P
J Biol Chem. 2018 Apr; 293(16):6099-6120
- Global developments in HIV neurology.
Wright EJ, Thakur KT, Bearden D, Birbeck GL
Handb Clin Neurol. 2018 Apr; 152:265-287
- Undiagnosed HIV infections among gay and bisexual men increasingly contribute to new infections in Australia.
Gray RT, Wilson DP, Guy RJ, Stoové M, Hellard ME, Prestage GP, Lea T, de Wit J, Holt M
J Int AIDS Soc. 2018 Apr; 21(4):e25104
- Linkage and retention in HCV care for HIV-infected populations: early data from the DAA era.
Sacks-Davis R, Doyle JS, Rauch A, Beguelin C, Pedrana AE, Matthews GV, Prins M, van der Valk M, Klein MB, Saeed S, Lacombe K, Chkhartishvili N, Altice FL, Hellard ME
J Int AIDS Soc. 2018 Apr; 21 Suppl 2:e25051
- How should HIV resources be allocated? Lessons learnt from applying Optima HIV in 23 countries.
Stuart RM, Grobicki L, Haghparast-Bidgoli H, Panovska-Griffiths J, Skordis J, Keiser O, Estill J, Baranczuk Z, Kelly SL, Reporter I, Kedziora DJ, Shattock AJ, Petravic J, Hussain SA, Grantham KL, Gray RT, Yap XF, Martin-Hughes R, Benedikt CJ, Fraser-Hurt N, Masaki E, Wilson DJ, Gorgens M, Mziray E, Cheikh N, Shubber Z, Kerr CC, Wilson DP
J Int AIDS Soc. 2018 Apr; 21(4):e25097
- The 2016 HIV diagnosis and care cascade in New South Wales, Australia: meeting the UNAIDS 90-90-90 targets.
Keen P, Gray RT, Telfer B, Guy R, Schmidt HM, Whittaker B, Holden J, Holt M, Kelleher A, Wilson D, Callander D, Cooper DA, Prestage G, Selvey C, Grulich AE; NSW HIV Prevention Partnership Project.
J Int AIDS Soc. 2018 Apr; 21(4):e25109
March, 2018 (10)
- Differential evolution of antiretroviral restriction factors in pteropid bats as revealed by APOBEC3 gene complexity.
Hayward JA, Tachedjian M, Cui J, Cheng AZ, Johnson A, Baker M, Harris RS, Wang LF, Tachedjian G
Mol Biol Evol. 2018 Mar; 35(7):1626–1637
- Human papilloma virus correlates of high grade cervical dysplasia in HIV-infected women in Mombasa, Kenya: a cross-sectional analysis.
Menon S, Luchters S, Rossi R, Callens S, Kishor M, Bogers J, Vanden Broeck D
Virol J. 2018 Mar; 15(1):54
- Comfort Relying on HIV Pre-exposure Prophylaxis and Treatment as Prevention for Condomless Sex: Results of an Online Survey of Australian Gay and Bisexual Men.
Holt M, Draper BL, Pedrana AE, Wilkinson AL, Stoové M
AIDS Behav. 2018 Mar; 22(11):3617-3626
- Achieving 90-90-90 HIV targets will not be enough to achieve the HIV incidence reduction target in Australia.
Scott N, Stoové M, Kelly SL, Wilson DP, Hellard ME
Clin Infect Dis. 2018 Mar; 66(7):1019-1023
- Optimization by Adaptive Stochastic Descent.
Kerr CC, Dura-Bernal S, Smolinski TG, Chadderdon GL, Wilson DP
PLoS One. 2018 Mar; 13(3):e0192944
- The global Optima HIV allocative efficiency model: targeting resources in efforts to end AIDS.
Kelly SL, Martin-Hughes R, Stuart RM, Yap XF, Kedziora DJ, Grantham KL, Hussain SA, Reporter I, Shattock AJ, Grobicki L, Haghparast-Bidgoli H, Skordis-Worrall J, Baranczuk Z, Keiser O, Estill J, Petravic J, Gray RT, Benedikt CJ, Fraser N, Gorgens M, Wilson D, Kerr CC, Wilson DP
Lancet HIV. 2018 Mar; 5(4):e190-e198
- Comparing Australian gay and bisexual men with undiagnosed and recently diagnosed HIV infection to those in the National HIV Registry.
Down I, Prestage G, Brown G, Ellard J, Guy R, Hellard M, Wilson D, de Wit J, Stoové M, Holt M
Sex Health. 2018 Mar; 15(3):276-281
- Effects of Pre-exposure Prophylaxis for the Prevention of HIV Infection on Sexual Risk Behavior in Men Who Have Sex with Men: A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis.
Traeger MW, Schroeder SE, Wright EJ, Hellard ME, Cornelisse VJ, Doyle JS, Stoové MA
Clin Infect Dis. 2018 Mar; 67(5):676-686
- A tale of two countries: progress towards UNAIDS 90-90-90 targets in Botswana and Australia.
Marukutira T, Stoové M, Lockman S, Mills LA, Gaolathe T, Lebelonyane R, Jarvis JN, Kelly SL, Wilson DP, Luchters S, Crowe SM, Hellard M
J Int AIDS Soc. 2018 Mar; 21(3):e25090
- Beliefs in antiretroviral treatment and self-efficacy in HIV management are associated with distinctive HIV treatment trajectories.
Mao L, de Wit J, Adam P, Post JJ, Slavin S, Cogle A, Wright E, Kidd M
AIDS Behav. 2018 Mar; 22(3):887-895
February, 2018 (7)
- Identification of Native and Post-Translationally Modified HLA-B*57:01-Restricted HIV Envelope Derived Epitopes Using Immunoproteomics.
Ramarathinam SH, Gras S, Alcantara S, Yeung AWS, Mifsud NA, Sonza S, Illing PT, Glaros EN, Center RJ, Thomas S, Kent SJ, Ternette N, Purcell DFJ, Rossjohn J, Purcell AW
Proteomics. 2018 Feb; 18(12):e1700253
- Acceptability of Peer-Delivered HIV Testing and Counselling Among Men Who Have Sex with Men (MSM) and Transgender Women (TW) in Myanmar.
Veronese V, Oo ZM, Thein ZW, Aung PP, Draper BL, Hughes C, Ryan C, Pedrana A, Stoové M
AIDS Behav. 2018 Feb; 22(8):2426-2434
- No Neurocognitive Advantage for Immediate Antiretroviral Treatment in adults with greater than 500 CD4+ T Cell Counts.
Wright EJ, Grund B, Robertson KR, Cysique L, Brew BJ, Collins GL, Poehlman-Roediger M, Vjecha M, Penalva de Oliveira A, Standridge B, Carey C, Avihingsanon A, Florence E, Lundgren JD, Arenas-Pinto A, Mueller NJ, Winston A, Nsubuga MS, Lal L, Price RW; INSIGHT START Neurology Substudy Group
AIDS. 2018 Feb; 32(8):985-997
- The association between intentional overdose and same-sex sexual intercourse in a cohort of people who inject drugs in Melbourne, Australia.
O'Keefe D, Bowring A, Aitken C, Dietze P
Subst Use Misuse. 2018 Feb; 53(5):755-762
- Higher transplacental pathogen-specific antibody transfer among pregnant women randomized to triple antiretroviral treatment versus short course zidovudine.
Bosire R, Farquhar C, Nduati R, Broliden K, Luchters S, Van de Perre P, De Vincenzi I, Merkel M, Wachuka V, Mbori-Ngacha D, John-Stewart G, Lohman-Payne B, Reilly M
Pediatr Infect Dis J. 2018 Feb; 37(3):246-252
- Ex vivo expression of chemokine receptors on cells surrounding cutaneous nerves in patients with HIV-associated sensory neuropathy.
Mountford J, Octaviana F, Estiasari R, Setiawan DD, Ariyanto I, Lee S, Gaff J, Chew C, Jackaman C, Kamerman P, Cherry C, Price P
AIDS. 2018 Feb; 32(4):431-441
- Glut1 expression level on inflammatory monocytes is associated with markers of cardiovascular disease risk in HIV-infected individuals.
Anzinger JJ, Butterfield TR, Gouillou M, McCune JM, Crowe SM, Palmer CS
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 2018 Feb; 77(2):e28-e30
January, 2018 (9)
- Exploiting immune cell metabolic machinery for functional HIV cure and the prevention of inflammaging.
Palmer CS, Palchaudhuri R, Albargy H, Abdel-Mohsen M, Crowe SM
F1000Res. 2018 Jan; 7:125
- Concomitant medication polypharmacy, interactions and imperfect adherence are common in Australian adults on suppressive ART.
Siefried KJ, Mao L, Cysique LA, Rule J, Giles ML, Smith DE, Mcmahon J, Read TR, Ooi C, Tee BK, Bloch M, de Wit J, Carr A; PAART study investigators.
AIDS. 2018 Jan; 32(1):35-48
- The City of Johannesburg can end AIDS by 2030: modelling the impact of achieving the Fast-Track targets and what it will take to get there.
Stuart RM, Fraser-Hurt N, Kerr CC, Mabusela E, Madi V, Mkhwanazi F, Pillay Y, Barron P, Muzah B, Matsebula T, Gorgens M, Wilson DP
J Int AIDS Soc. 2018 Jan; 21(1):e25068
- Eliminating hepatitis C virus as a public health threat among HIV-positive men who have sex with men: a multi-modelling approach to understand differences in sexual risk behaviour.
Scott N, Stoové M, Wilson DP, Keiser O, El-Hayek C, Doyle J, Hellard M
J Int AIDS Soc. 2018 Jan; 21(1):e25059
- Understanding the Targeting and Uptake of HIV Testing Among Gay and Bisexual Men Attending Sexual Health Clinics.
Jamil MS, McManus H, Callander D, Prestage G, Ali H, O'Connor CC, Chen M, McNulty AM, Knight V, Duck T, Keen P, Gray J, Medland N, Hellard M, Lewis DA, Grulich AE, Kaldor JM, Fairley CK, Donovan B, Guy RJ; ACCESS and NSW Partnership Project Steering Committees.
AIDS Behav. 2018 Jan; 22(2):513-521
- Internal funding required to improve HIV care.
Brownstein H, Higgs P
J Viral Hepat. 2018 Jan; 25(4):438
- Psychological factors associated with painful versus non-painful HIV-associated sensory neuropathy.
Pillay P, Wadley AL, Cherry CL, Karstaedt AS, Kamerman PR
AIDS Behav. 2018 Jan; 22(5):1584-1595
- Acceptability and HIV prevention benefits of a peer-based model of rapid point of care HIV testing for Australian gay, bisexual and other men who have sex with men.
Leitinger D, Ryan KE, Brown G, Pedrana A, Wilkinson AL, Ryan C, Hellard M, Stoové M
AIDS Behav. 2018 Jan; 22(1):178-189
- Frailty in men living with HIV: a cross-sectional comparison of three frailty instruments.
Yeoh HL, Cheng A, Palmer C, Crowe SM, Hoy JF
Antivir Ther. 2018 Jan; 23(2):117-127
- Executive (0)
- Healthy Mothers, Healthy Babies (HMHB) (9)
- Eliminate HIV (42)
- Strategic Funding & Partnerships Executive Team (0)
- Disease Elimination (200)
- Maternal, Child and Adolescent Health (143)
- Philanthropy and Supporter Engagement (0)
- Eliminate Viral Hepatitis (23)
- Behaviours and Health Risks (147)
- Eliminate Malaria (29)
- Finance (0)
- Health Security (69)
- Eliminate Tuberculosis (TB) (4)
- Human Resources (0)
- Healthy Ageing (93)
- Research Support and Facilities (0)
- Information Technology (0)
- Laboratory Services (0)
- Education & Training (0)
- Support Services Group (0)
- Project Management and Quality Assurance Office (0)
- Previous Research and Public Health Projects (0)
- Marketing and Communications (0)
- International Operations (3)
- HIV and AIDS (51)
- Sexually Transmitted Infections (STIs) (10)
- Maternal and Child Health (22)
- Malaria (32)
- Immune Disease and Cancer (7)
- Hepatitis B (4)
- Hepatitis C (27)
- Global infectious disease threats (2)
- Injecting Drug Use (26)
- Alcohol and Other Drugs (19)
- Tuberculosis (TB) (4)
- Young People's Health (12)
- Justice Health (3)
- Sexual and Reproductive Health (3)
- Infectious Disease Modelling (3)
- Infectious Diseases Surveillance (2)
- LGBTQIA+ (9)
- Influenza (5)
- Global Adolescent Health (2)