Supporting young Australians as they navigate COVID-19.
December, 2018 (4)
- Effectiveness of repellent delivered through village health volunteers on malaria incidence in villages in South-East Myanmar: a stepped-wedge cluster-randomised controlled trial protocol.
Win Han Oo, Cutts JC, Agius PA, Kyaw Zayar Aung, Poe Poe Aung, Aung Thi, Nyi Nyi Zaw, Htin Kyaw Thu, Wai Yan Min Htay, Ataide R, O'Flaherty K, Ai Pao Yawn, Aung Paing Soe, Beeson JG, Crabb B, Pasricha N, Fowkes FJI
BMC Infect Dis. 2018 Dec; 18(1):663
- Geo-spatial analysis of individual-level needle and syringe coverage in Melbourne, Australia.
O'Keefe D, Wilkinson A, Aitken C, Dietze P
PLoS One. 2018 Dec; 13(12):e0209280
- Drug overdose in the ED: a record linkage study examining emergency department ICD-10 coding practices in a cohort of people who inject drugs.
Di Rico R, Nambiar D, Stoové M, Dietze P
BMC Health Serv Res. 2018 Dec; 18(1):945
- Global, regional, and national age-sex-specific mortality for 282 causes of death in 195 countries and territories, 1980–2017: a systematic analysis for the Global Burden of Disease Study 2017
GBD 2017 Causes of Death Collaborators (including Azzopardi P)
Lancet. 2018 Dec; 392(10159):1736-1788
November, 2018 (9)
- Evaluation of PrEP eligibility criteria using sexually transmissible infections as HIV risk markers at enrolment in PrEPX, a large Australian HIV pre-exposure prophylaxis trial.
Cornelisse VJ, Fairley CK, Stoove M, Asselin J, Chow EPF, Price B, Roth NJ, Willcox J, Tee BK, Penn M, Chang CC, Armishaw J, Forgan-Smith G, Wright EJ; PrEPX study team
Clin Infect Dis. 2018 Nov; 67(12):1847-52
- Monitoring the Control of Sexually Transmissible Infections and Blood-Borne Viruses: Protocol for the Australian Collaboration for Coordinated Enhanced Sentinel Surveillance (ACCESS).
Callander D, Moreira C, El-Hayek C, Asselin J, van Gemert C, Watchirs Smith L, Nguyen L, Dimech W, Boyle DI, Donovan B, Stoové M, Hellard M, Guy R
JMIR Res Protoc. 2018 Nov; 7(11):e11028
- Global, regional, and national age-sex-specific mortality and life expectancy, 1950-2017: a systematic analysis for the Global Burden of Disease Study 2017.
GBD 2017 Mortality Collaborators (including Azzopardi P)
Lancet. 2018 Nov; 392(10159):1684-1735
- Global, regional, and national incidence, prevalence, and years lived with disability for 354 diseases and injuries for 195 countries and territories, 1990-2017: a systematic analysis for the Global Burden of Disease Study 2017
GBD 2017 Disease and Injury Incidence and Prevalence Collaborators (including Azzopardi P)
Lancet. 2018 Nov; 392(10159):1789-1858
- Global, regional, and national disability-adjusted life-years (DALYs) for 359 diseases and injuries and healthy life expectancy (HALE) for 195 countries and territories, 1990-2017: a systematic analysis for the Global Burden of Disease Study 2017.
GBD 2017 DALYs and HALE Collaborators (including Azzopardi P)
Lancet. 2018 Nov; 392(10159):1859-1922
- Measuring progress from 1990 to 2017 and projecting attainment to 2030 of the health-related Sustainable Development Goals for 195 countries and territories: a systematic analysis for the Global Burden of Disease Study 2017.
GBD 2017 SDG Collaborators (including Azzopardi P)
Lancet. 2018 Nov; 392(10159):2091-2138
- Assessing the Impacts of Integrated Decision Support Software on Sexual Orientation Recording, Comprehensive Sexual Health Testing, and Detection of Infections Among Gay and Bisexual Men Attending General Practice: Observational Study.
Callander D, Bourne C, Wand H, Stoové M, Hocking JS, de Wit J, Kaldor JM, Donovan B, Pell C, Finlayson R, Baker D, Forssman B, Tee BK, Kefalas B, Duck T, Guy R
JMIR Med Inform. 2018 Nov; 6(4):e10808
- Youth-centred research to help prevent and mitigate the adverse health and social impacts of pregnancy amongst young Papua New Guineans.
Bell S, Kennedy E, Black K, Vallely A, Vallely L, Mola G, Kaldor J, Bagita M, Ninnes C, Pomat W, Kelly-Hanku A
Reprod Health Matters. 2018 Nov; 26(54):5-12
- Double dropping down under: Correlates of simultaneous consumption of two ecstasy pills in a sample of Australian outdoor music festival attendees.
Grigg J, Barratt MJ, Lenton S
Drug Alcohol Rev. 2018 Nov; 37(7):851-855
October, 2018 (14)
- Paritaprevir, ritonavir, ombitasvir, and dasabuvir with and without ribavirin in people with HCV genotype 1 and recent injecting drug use or receiving opioid substitution therapy.
Grebely J, Conway B, Cunningham EB, Fraser C, Moriggia A, Gane E, Stedman C, Cooper C, Castro E, Schmid P, Petoumenos K, Hajarizadeh B, Marks P, Erratt A, Dalgard O, Lacombe K, Feld JJ, Bruneau J, Daulouede JP, Powis J, Bruggmann P, Matthews GV, Kronborg I, Shaw D, Dunlop A, Hellard M, Applegate TL, Crawford S, Dore GJ; D3FEAT Study Group
Int J Drug Policy. 2018 Oct; 62:94-103
- Incarceration history and risk of HIV and hepatitis C virus acquisition among people who inject drugs: a systematic review and meta-analysis.
Stone J, Fraser H, Lim AG, Walker JG, Ward Z, MacGregor L, Trickey A, Abbott S, Strathdee SA, Abramovitz D, Maher L, Iversen J, Bruneau J, Zang G, Garfein RS, Yen YF, Azim T, Mehta SH, Milloy MJ, Hellard ME, Sacks-Davis R, Dietze PM, Aitken C, Aladashvili M, Tsertsvadze T, Mravčík V, Alary M, Roy E, Smyrnov P, Sazonova Y, Young AM, Havens JR, Hope VD, Desai M, Heinsbroek E, Hutchinson SJ, Palmateer NE, McAuley A, Platt L, Martin NK, Altice FL, Hickman M, Vickerman P
Lancet Infect Dis. 2018 Oct; 18(12):1397-1409
- Assessing the operational feasibility and acceptability of an inhalable formulation of oxytocin for improving community-based prevention of postpartum haemorrhage in Myanmar: a qualitative inquiry.
Than KK, Oliver V, Mohamed Y, La T, Lambert P, McIntosh M, Luchters S
BMJ Open. 2018 Oct; 8(10):e022140
- Adherence to sofosbuvir and velpatasvir among people with chronic HCV infection and recent injection drug use: The SIMPLIFY study.
Cunningham EB, Amin J, Feld JJ, Bruneau J, Dalgard O, Powis J, Hellard M, Cooper C, Read P, Conway B, Dunlop AJ, Norton B, Litwin AH, Hajarizadeh B, Thurnheer MC, Dillon JF, Weltman M, Shaw D, Bruggmann P, Gane E, Fraser C, Marks P, Applegate TL, Quiene S, Siriragavan S, Matthews GV, Dore GJ, Grebely J; SIMPLIFY study group
Int J Drug Policy. 2018 Oct; 62:14-23
- Methods used in the spatial analysis of tuberculosis epidemiology: a systematic review.
Shaweno D, Karmakar M, Alene KA, Ragonnet R, Clements AC, Trauer JM, Denholm JT, McBryde ES
BMC Med. 2018 Oct; 16(1):193
- The estimated number of potential PrEP users among gay-identifying men who have sex with men in Australia.
Zablotska IB, Gray R, Whittaker B, Holt M, Wright E, Prestage G, O'Donnell D, Grulich AE
PLoS One. 2018 Oct; 13(10):e0204138
- Lifetime prevalence and correlates of self-harm and suicide attempts among male prisoners with histories of injecting drug use.
Stewart AC, Cossar R, Dietze P, Armstrong G, Curtis M, Kinner SA, Ogloff JRP, Kirwan A, Stoové M
Health Justice. 2018 Oct; 6(1):19
- Aiming for 90-90-90 - the importance of understanding the risk factors for HIV exposure and advanced HIV infection in migrant populations and other groups who do not report male-to-male sex.
Peach E, Lemoh C, Stoové M, Agius P, El Hayek C, Higgins N, Hellard M
Sex Health. 2018 Oct; 15(5):441-450
- Blood-borne virus transmission in an urban, culturally diverse neighbourhood: results from a cross-sectional bio-behavioural survey using innovative outreach methods in a hard-to-reach population.
Peach E, Cogger S, Byron K, Francis P, O'Keefe D, Higgs P, Stoove M, Elmore K, Dietze P, Hellard M
Sex Health. 2018 Oct; 15(1):54-60
- Pathways to ensure universal and affordable access to hepatitis C treatment.
Douglass CH, Pedrana A, Lazarus JV, 't Hoen EFM, Hammad R, Leite RB, Hill A, Hellard M
BMC Med. 2018 Oct; 16(1):175
- Urine drug screening for early detection of unwitting use of fentanyl and its analogues among people who inject heroin in Sydney, Australia.
Barratt MJ, Latimer J, Jauncey M, Tay E, Nielsen S
Drug Alcohol Rev. 2018 Oct; 37(7):847-850
- Menstrual hygiene management and school absenteeism among adolescent students in Indonesia: evidence from a cross-sectional school-based survey.
Davis J, Macintyre A, Odagiri M, Suriastini W, Cordova A, Huggett C, Agius PA, Faiqoh, Budiyani AE, Quillet C, Cronin AA, Diah M, Triwahyunto A, Luchters S, Kennedy E
Trop Med Int Health. 2018 Oct; 23(12):1350-1363
- Missing in the middle: measuring a million deaths annually in children aged 5-14 years.
Patton GC, Azzopardi P
Lancet Glob Health. 2018 Oct; 6(10):e1048-e1049
- "Optima attempts to objectively and pragmatically assist countries meet their targets most efficiently and effectively".
Wilson DP, Gorgens M, Wilson DJ; Optima HIV study team (including: Robyn M Stuart, Cliff C Kerr, Jolene Skordis, Olivia Keiser, Sherrie Kelly, Rowan Martin-Hughes, Janka Petravic, Richard Gray and Nejma Cheikh)
J Int AIDS Soc. 2018 Oct; 21(10):e25190
September, 2018 (6)
- Knowledge, perception and practice towards oxytocin stability and quality: A qualitative study of stakeholders in three resource-limited countries.
Oliver VL, Lambert PA, Than KK, Mohamed Y, Luchters S, Verma S, Yadav R, Kumar V, Teklu AM, Tolera M, Minaye A, McIntosh MP
PLoS One. 2018 Sep; 13(9):e0203810
- Acceptability of prison-based take-home naloxone programmes among a cohort of incarcerated men with a history of regular injecting drug use.
Curtis M, Dietze P, Aitken C, Kirwan A, Kinner SA, Butler T, Stoové M
Harm Reduct J. 2018 Sep; 15(1):48
- Incidence of unintended pregnancy among female sex workers in low-income and middle-income countries: a systematic review and meta-analysis.
Ampt FH, Willenberg L, Agius PA, Chersich M, Luchters S, Lim MSC
BMJ Open. 2018 Sep; 8(9):e021779
- Growing practices and the use of potentially harmful chemical additives among a sample of small-scale cannabis growers in three countries.
Lenton S, Frank VA, Barratt MJ, Potter GR, Decorte T
Drug Alcohol Depend. 2018 Sep; 192:250-256
- Digital era drug surveillance: Quo vadis, Australia?
Raubenheimer JE, Barratt MJ
Drug Alcohol Rev. 2018 Sep; 37(6):693-696
- Decline in new HIV diagnoses among MSM in Melbourne.
Chow EPF, Medland NA, Denham I, Wright EJ, Fairley CK
Lancet HIV. 2018 Sep; 5(9):e479-e481
August, 2018 (8)
- Drug detection dogs at Australian outdoor music festivals: Deterrent, detection and iatrogenic effects.
Grigg J, Barratt MJ, Lenton S
Int J Drug Policy. 2018 Aug; 60:89-95
- Analysis of time of drug use according to needle and syringe program operating hours in Melbourne, Australia: Effects on individual-level needle and syringe coverage.
O'Keefe D, Aitken C, Scott N, Dietze P
Drug Alcohol Depend. 2018 Aug; 191:259-265
- Agent-based models of malaria transmission: a systematic review.
Smith NR, Trauer JM, Gambhir M, Richards JS, Maude RJ, Keith JM, Flegg JA
Malar J. 2018 Aug; 17(1):299
- "I aspire to look and feel healthy like the posts convey": engagement with fitness inspiration on social media and perceptions of its influence on health and wellbeing.
Raggatt M, Wright CJC, Carrotte E, Jenkinson R, Mulgrew K, Prichard I, Lim MSC
BMC Public Health. 2018 Aug; 18(1):1002
- Achieving a hepatitis C cure: a qualitative exploration of the experiences and meanings of achieving a hepatitis C cure using the direct acting antivirals in Australia.
Richmond JA, Ellard J, Wallace J, Thorpe R, Higgs P, Hellard M, Thompson A
Hepatol Med Policy. 2018 Aug; 3:8
- Should sterile needle and syringe wastage be included within individual-level needle and syringe coverage measures?
O'Keefe D, Aitken C, Dietze P
Int J Drug Policy. 2018 Aug; 60:8-9
- Implications of population-level immunity for the emergence of artemisinin-resistant malaria: a mathematical model.
Scott N, Ataide R, Wilson DP, Hellard M, Price RN, Simpson JA, Fowkes FJI
Malar J. 2018 Aug; 17(1):279
- Evolutionary study and phylodynamic pattern of human influenza A/H3N2 virus in Indonesia from 2008 to 2010.
Agustiningsih A, Trimarsanto H, Restuadi R, Artika IM, Hellard M, Muljono DH
PLoS One. 2018 Aug; 13(8):e0201427
July, 2018 (14)
- Safe sex in chick lit: a ‘novel’ analysis of sexual health
references in popular women’s fiction.
Lim MSC, Hellard ME, Horyniak
Sex Health. 2018 Jul; 15(5):468-472
- Eliminating hepatitis C: the importance of frequent testing of people who inject drugs in high prevalence settings.
Scott N, Sacks-Davis R, Pedrana A, Doyle J, Thompson A, Hellard M
J Viral Hepat. 2018 Jul; 25(12):1472-1480
- Social media use for nutrition outcomes in young adults: a mixed-methods systematic review.
Klassen KM, Douglass CH, Brennan L, Truby H, Lim MSC
Int J Behav Nutr Phys Act. 2018 Jul; 15(1):70
- Mobile Phone-Based Ecological Momentary Intervention to Reduce Young Adults' Alcohol Use in the Event: A Three-Armed Randomized Controlled Trial.
Wright C, Dietze PM, Agius PA, Kuntsche E, Livingston M, Black OC, Room R, Hellard M, Lim MS
JMIR Mhealth Uhealth. 2018 Jul; 6(7):e149
- Frequent experience of discrimination among people who inject drugs: Links with health and wellbeing.
Couto E Cruz C, Salom CL, Dietze P, Lenton S, Burns L, Alati R
Drug Alcohol Depend. 2018 Jul; 190:188-194
- Determining the effective dose of street-level heroin: A new way to consider fluctuations in heroin purity, mass and potential contribution to overdose.
Stam NC, Gerostamoulos D, Gerstner-Stevens J, Scott N, Smith K, Drummer OH, Pilgrim JL
Forensic Sci Int. 2018 Jul; 290:219-226
- Addressing multiple modifiable risks through structured community-based Learning Clubs to improve maternal and infant health and infant development in rural Vietnam: protocol for a parallel group cluster randomised controlled trial.
Fisher J, Tran T, Luchters S, Tran TD, Hipgrave DB, Hanieh S, Tran H, Simpson J, Nguyen T, Le M, Biggs BA
BMJ Open. 2018 Jul; 8(7):e023539
- Community-based provision of direct-acting antiviral therapy for hepatitis C: study protocol and challenges of a randomized controlled trial.
Wade AJ, Doyle JS, Gane E, Stedman C, Draper B, Iser D, Roberts SK, Kemp W, Petrie D, Scott N, Higgs P, Agius PA, Roney J, Stothers L, Thompson AJ, Hellard ME
Trials. 2018 Jul; 19(1):383
- Communicating health-Optimising young adults' engagement with health messages using social media: Study protocol.
Lombard C, Brennan L, Reid M, Klassen KM, Palermo C, Walker T, Lim MSC, Dean M, Mccaffrey TA, Truby H
Nutr Diet. 2018 Jul; 75(5):509-519
- Anti-HIV-1 Activity of Lactic Acid in Human Cervicovaginal Fluid.
Tyssen D, Wang YY, Hayward JA, Agius PA, DeLong K, Aldunate M, Ravel J, Moench TR, Cone RA, Tachedjian G
mSphere. 2018 Jul; 3(4):e00055-18
- Direct Anterior Approach Total Hip Arthroplasty: An Adjunct to an Enhanced Recovery Pathway: Outcomes and Learning Curve Effects in Surgeons Transitioning From Other Surgical Approaches.
Free MD, Owen DH, Agius PA, Pascoe EM, Harvie P
J Arthroplasty. 2018 Jul; 33(11):3490-3495
- Cost and cost-effectiveness analysis of pre-exposure prophylaxis among men who have sex with men in two hospitals in Thailand.
Suraratdecha C, Stuart RM, Manopaiboon C, Green D, Lertpiriyasuwat C, Wilson DP, Pavaputanon P, Visavakum P, Monkongdee P, Khawcharoenporn T, Tharee P, Kittinunvorakoon C, Martin M
J Int AIDS Soc. 2018 Jul; 21 Suppl 5:e25129
- Report from the International Viral Hepatitis Elimination Meeting (IVHEM), 17-18 November 2017, Amsterdam, the Netherlands: gaps and challenges in the WHO 2030 hepatitis C elimination framework.
Popping S, El-Sayed M, Feld J, Hatzakis A, Hellard M, Lesi O, Ninburg M, Ward J, Boucher C
J Virus Erad. 2018 Jul; 4(3):193-195
- Characteristics of men who have sex with men (MSM) and transgender women (TW) in Myanmar who test frequently for HIV.
Veronese V, Min Oo Z, Win Thein Z, Draper B, Aung PP, Ryan C, Thant M, Hughes C, Stoovè M
J Glob Health Rep. 2018 Jul; 2:e2018040
June, 2018 (9)
- Hepatitis C virus notification rates in Australia are highest in socioeconomically disadvantaged areas.
Hainsworth SW, Dietze PM, Wilson DP, Sutton B, Hellard ME, Scott N
PLoS One. 2018 Jun; 13(6):e0198336
- What People "Like": Analysis of Social Media Strategies Used by Food Industry Brands, Lifestyle Brands, and Health Promotion Organizations on Facebook and Instagram.
Klassen KM, Borleis ES, Brennan L, Reid M, McCaffrey TA, Lim MS
J Med Internet Res. 2018 Jun; 20(6):e10227
- Repeat participation in annual cross-sectional surveys of drug users and its implications for analysis.
Agius PA, Aitken CK, Breen C, Dietze PM
BMC Res Notes. 2018 Jun; 11(1):349
- “I Lost Me Visits” A critical examination of prison drug policy and Its effects on connection to family for incarcerated young men with histories of injecting drug use.
Walker S, Lancaster K, Stoové M, Higgs P, Wilson M
Contemporary Drug Problems. 2018 Jun; Epub ahead of print
- Measuring performance on the Healthcare Access and Quality Index for 195 countries and territories and selected subnational locations: a systematic analysis from the Global Burden of Disease Study 2016.
GBD 2016 Healthcare Access and Quality Collaborators (including Azzopardi P)
Lancet. 2018 Jun; 391(10136):2236-2271
- Measuring and understanding the attitudes of Australian gay and bisexual men towards biomedical HIV prevention using cross-sectional data and factor analyses.
Wilkinson AL, Draper BL, Pedrana AE, Asselin J, Holt M, Hellard ME, Stoové M
Sex Transm Infect. 2018 Jun; 94(4):309-3014
- Do people with intersecting identities report more high-risk alcohol use and lifetime substance use?
Demant D, Oviedo-Trespalacios O, Carroll JA, Ferris JA, Maier L, Barratt MJ, Winstock AR
Int J Public Health. 2018 Jun; 63(5):621-630
- Cost-effectiveness of the controlled temperature chain for the hepatitis B virus birth dose vaccine in various global settings: a modelling study.
Scott N, Palmer A, Morgan C, Lesi O, Spearman CW, Sonderup M, Hellard M
Lancet Glob Health. 2018 Jun; 6(6):e659-e667
- Correlates of in-person and technology-facilitated sexual harassment from an online survey among young Australians.
Douglass CH, Wright CJC, Davis AC, Lim MSC
Sex Health. 2018 Jun; 15(4):361-365
May, 2018 (14)
- Are there differences in individual-level needle and syringe coverage across Australian jurisdictions related to program policy? A preliminary analysis.
Hill P, O'Keefe D, Dietze PM
Drug Alcohol Rev. 2018 May; 37(5): 653-657
- Protocol for an HIV Pre-exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP) Population Level Intervention Study in Victoria Australia: The PrEPX Study.
Ryan KE, Mak A, Stoove M, Price B, Fairley CK, Ruth S, Lal L, Asselin J, El-Hayek C, Nguyen L, Batrouney C, Wilson D, Lockwood J, Murphy D, Cornelisse VJ, Roth N, Willcox J, Chang CC, Armishaw J, Tee BK, Penn M, Forgan-Smith G, Williams C, Montgomery J, Byron K, Coelho A, Allen B, Wiggins J, Kelsall J, Vujovic O, West M, Pierce AB, Gallant D, Bell C, de Wit JBF, Hoy JF, Wesselingh SL, Grant RM, Wright EJ
Front Public Health. 2018 May; 6:151
- Is there gender convergence in risky drinking when taking birth cohorts into account? Evidence from an Australian national survey 2001-2013.
Livingston M, Callinan S, Dietze P, Stanesby O, Kuntsche E
Addiction. 2018 May; 113(11):2019-2028
- Factors associated with social participation amongst elders in rural Sri Lanka: a cross-sectional mixed methods analysis.
Marsh C, Agius PA, Jayakody G, Shajehan R, Abeywickrema C, Durrant K, Luchters S, Holmes W
BMC Public Health. 2018 May; 18(1):636
- Molecular test for chlamydia and gonorrhoea used at point of care in remote primary healthcare settings: a diagnostic test evaluation.
Causer LM, Guy RJ, Tabrizi SN, Whiley DM, Speers DJ, Ward J, Tangey A, Badman SG, Hengel B, Natoli LJ, Anderson DA, Wand H, Wilson D, Regan DG, Shephard M, Donovan B, Fairley CK, Kaldor JM
Sex Transm Infect. 2018 May; 94(5):340-345
- Measuring individual-level needle and syringe coverage among people who inject drugs in Myanmar.
O'Keefe D, Aung SM, Pasricha N, Wun T, Linn SK, Lin N, Aitken C, Hughes C, Dietze P
Int J Drug Policy. 2018 May; 58:22-30
- Expectant fathers' participation in antenatal care services in Papua New Guinea: a qualitative inquiry.
Davis J, Vaughan C, Nankinga J, Davidson L, Kigodi H, Alalo E, Comrie-Thomson L, Luchters S
BMC Pregnancy Childbirth. 2018 May; 18(1):138
- Eliminating HIV/HCV co-infection in gay and bisexual men: is it achievable through scaling up treatment?
Sacks-Davis R, Pedrana AE, Scott N, Doyle JS, Hellard ME
Expert Rev Anti Infect Ther. 2018 May; 16(5):411-422
- The impact of drug policy liberalisation on willingness to seek help for problem drug use: A comparison of 20 countries.
Benfer I, Zahnow R, Barratt MJ, Maier L, Winstock A, Ferris J
Int J Drug Policy. 2018 May; 56:162-175
- Typology of new psychoactive substance use among the general Australian population.
Sutherland R, Peacock A, Roxburgh A, Barratt MJ, Burns L, Bruno R
Drug Alcohol Depend. 2018 May; 188:126-134
- Assessing causality in drug policy analyses: How useful are the Bradford Hill criteria in analysing take-home naloxone programs?
Olsen A, McDonald D, Lenton S, Dietze PM
Drug Alcohol Rev. 2018 May; 37(4):499-501
- Knowledge of naloxone and take-home naloxone programs among a sample of people who inject drugs in Australia: Variations across capital cities.
Dietze PM, Stare M, Cogger S, Nambiar D, Olsen A, Burns L, Lenton S
Drug Alcohol Rev. 2018 May; 37(4):457-463
- Implications of survey labels and categorisations for understanding drug use in the context of sex among gay and bisexual men in Melbourne, Australia.
Ryan KE, Wilkinson AL, Pedrana A, Quinn B, Dietze P, Hellard M, Stoové M
Int J Drug Policy. 2018 May; 55:183-186
- Adolescent health in the Eastern Mediterranean Region: findings from the global burden of disease 2015 study.
GBD 2015 Eastern Mediterranean Region Adolescent Health Collaborators. (including Peter Azzopardi, Karly Cini and Elissa Kennedy)
Int J Public Health. 2018 May; 63(Suppl 1):79-96
April, 2018 (17)
- The effect of monitoring viral load and tracing patients lost to follow-up on the course of the HIV epidemic in Malawi: A mathematical model.
Estill J, Kerr CC, Blaser N, Salazar-Vizcaya L, Tenthani L, Wilson, DP, Keiser, O
Open Forum Infectious Diseases. 2018 Apr; 5(5):ofy092
- Drug-related police encounters across the globe: How do they compare?
Hughes CE, Barratt MJ, Ferris JA, Maier LJ, Winstock AR
Int J Drug Policy. 2018 Apr; 56:197-207
- Aiming for elimination: outcomes of a consultation pathway supporting regional general practitioners to prescribe direct acting antiviral therapy for hepatitis C.
Wade AJ, McCormack A, Roder C, McDonald K, Davies M, Scott N, Wardrop M, Athan E, Hellard ME
J Viral Hepat. 2018 Apr; 25(9):1089-1098
- Bone health, activity and sedentariness at age 11-12years: Cross-sectional Australian population-derived study.
Osborn W, Simm P, Olds T, Lycett K, Mensah FK, Muller J, Fraysse F, Ismail N, Vlok J, Burgner D, Carlin JB, Edwards B, Dwyer T, Azzopardi P, Ranganathan S, Wake M
Bone. 2018 Apr; 112:153-160
- Methamphetamine-type stimulant use in Lao PDR: qualitative findings from users aged 15-25 years in Vientiane Capital and Vientiane Province.
Sychareun V, Santavasy B, Chanlivong N, Fischer A, Thomson N, Power R, Durham J
Harm Reduct J. 2018 Apr; 15(1):17
- Experiences of liver health related uncertainty and self-reported stress among people who inject drugs living with hepatitis C virus: a qualitative study.
Goutzamanis S, Doyle JS, Thompson A, Dietze P, Hellard M, Higgs P; TAP study group.
BMC Infect Dis. 2018 Apr; 18(1):151
- Patient characteristics, procedural and safety outcomes of bariatric surgery in England: a retrospective Cohort Study-2006-2012.
Sun S, Borisenko O, Spelman T, Ahmed AR
Obes Surg. 2018 Apr; 28(4):1098-1108
- Hepatitis C Patients Receiving Opioid Substitution Therapy Experience Improvement in Patient-Reported Outcomes Following Treatment with Interferon-Free Regimens.
Stepanova M, Thompson A, Doyle J, Younossi I, de Avila L, Younossi ZM
J Infect Dis. 2018 Apr; 217(17):1033-1043
- Global developments in HIV neurology.
Wright EJ, Thakur KT, Bearden D, Birbeck GL
Handb Clin Neurol. 2018 Apr; 152:265-287
- Undiagnosed HIV infections among gay and bisexual men increasingly contribute to new infections in Australia.
Gray RT, Wilson DP, Guy RJ, Stoové M, Hellard ME, Prestage GP, Lea T, de Wit J, Holt M
J Int AIDS Soc. 2018 Apr; 21(4):e25104
- Linkage and retention in HCV care for HIV-infected populations: early data from the DAA era.
Sacks-Davis R, Doyle JS, Rauch A, Beguelin C, Pedrana AE, Matthews GV, Prins M, van der Valk M, Klein MB, Saeed S, Lacombe K, Chkhartishvili N, Altice FL, Hellard ME
J Int AIDS Soc. 2018 Apr; 21 Suppl 2:e25051
- How should HIV resources be allocated? Lessons learnt from applying Optima HIV in 23 countries.
Stuart RM, Grobicki L, Haghparast-Bidgoli H, Panovska-Griffiths J, Skordis J, Keiser O, Estill J, Baranczuk Z, Kelly SL, Reporter I, Kedziora DJ, Shattock AJ, Petravic J, Hussain SA, Grantham KL, Gray RT, Yap XF, Martin-Hughes R, Benedikt CJ, Fraser-Hurt N, Masaki E, Wilson DJ, Gorgens M, Mziray E, Cheikh N, Shubber Z, Kerr CC, Wilson DP
J Int AIDS Soc. 2018 Apr; 21(4):e25097
- The 2016 HIV diagnosis and care cascade in New South Wales, Australia: meeting the UNAIDS 90-90-90 targets.
Keen P, Gray RT, Telfer B, Guy R, Schmidt HM, Whittaker B, Holden J, Holt M, Kelleher A, Wilson D, Callander D, Cooper DA, Prestage G, Selvey C, Grulich AE; NSW HIV Prevention Partnership Project.
J Int AIDS Soc. 2018 Apr; 21(4):e25109
- Heterogeneity in hepatitis C treatment prescribing and uptake in Australia: a geospatial analysis of a year of unrestricted treatment access.
Scott N, Hainsworth SW, Sacks-Davis R, Pedrana A, Doyle J, Wade A, Hellard M
J Virus Erad. 2018 Apr; 4(2):108-114
- Features of successful sexual health promotion programs for young people: findings from a review of systematic reviews.
Bowring AL, Wright CJC, Douglass C, Gold J, Lim MSC
Health Promot J Austr. 2018 Apr; 29(1):46-57
- Re-Wired: treatment and peer support for men who have sex with men who use methamphetamine.
Burgess K, Parkhill G, Wiggins J, Ruth S, Stoovè M
Sex Health. 2018 Apr; 15(2):157-159
- The age of adolescence...and young adulthood - Authors' reply.
Sawyer SM, Azzopardi PS, Wickremarathne D, Patton GC
Lancet Child Adolesc Health. 2018 Apr; 2(4):e7
March, 2018 (14)
- Human papilloma virus correlates of high grade cervical dysplasia in HIV-infected women in Mombasa, Kenya: a cross-sectional analysis.
Menon S, Luchters S, Rossi R, Callens S, Kishor M, Bogers J, Vanden Broeck D
Virol J. 2018 Mar; 15(1):54
- Increasing amphetamine use and forensic involvement among clients of three residential Indigenous alcohol and other drug services in Victoria, Australia.
Goutzamanis S, Higgs P, Richardson M, MacLean S
Drug Alcohol Rev. 2018 Mar; Epub ahead of print
- Comfort Relying on HIV Pre-exposure Prophylaxis and Treatment as Prevention for Condomless Sex: Results of an Online Survey of Australian Gay and Bisexual Men.
Holt M, Draper BL, Pedrana AE, Wilkinson AL, Stoové M
AIDS Behav. 2018 Mar; 22(11):3617-3626
- Optima Nutrition: an allocative efficiency tool to reduce childhood stunting by better targeting of nutrition-related interventions.
Pearson R, Killedar M, Petravic J, Kakietek JJ, Scott N, Grantham KL, Stuart RM, Kedziora DJ, Kerr CC, Skordis-Worrall J, Shekhar M, Wilson DP
BMC Public Health. 2018 Mar; 18(1):384
- Achieving 90-90-90 HIV targets will not be enough to achieve the HIV incidence reduction target in Australia.
Scott N, Stoové M, Kelly SL, Wilson DP, Hellard ME
Clin Infect Dis. 2018 Mar; 66(7):1019-1023
- Optimization by Adaptive Stochastic Descent.
Kerr CC, Dura-Bernal S, Smolinski TG, Chadderdon GL, Wilson DP
PLoS One. 2018 Mar; 13(3):e0192944
- The global Optima HIV allocative efficiency model: targeting resources in efforts to end AIDS.
Kelly SL, Martin-Hughes R, Stuart RM, Yap XF, Kedziora DJ, Grantham KL, Hussain SA, Reporter I, Shattock AJ, Grobicki L, Haghparast-Bidgoli H, Skordis-Worrall J, Baranczuk Z, Keiser O, Estill J, Petravic J, Gray RT, Benedikt CJ, Fraser N, Gorgens M, Wilson D, Kerr CC, Wilson DP
Lancet HIV. 2018 Mar; 5(4):e190-e198
- Comparing Australian gay and bisexual men with undiagnosed and recently diagnosed HIV infection to those in the National HIV Registry.
Down I, Prestage G, Brown G, Ellard J, Guy R, Hellard M, Wilson D, de Wit J, Stoové M, Holt M
Sex Health. 2018 Mar; 15(3):276-281
- Effects of Pre-exposure Prophylaxis for the Prevention of HIV Infection on Sexual Risk Behavior in Men Who Have Sex with Men: A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis.
Traeger MW, Schroeder SE, Wright EJ, Hellard ME, Cornelisse VJ, Doyle JS, Stoové MA
Clin Infect Dis. 2018 Mar; 67(5):676-686
- This girl can #jointhemovement: Effectiveness of physical functionality-focused campaigns for women's body satisfaction and exercise intent.
Mulgrew KE, McCulloch K, Farren E, Prichard I, Lim MSC
Body Image. 2018 Mar; 24:26-35
- The impact of OxyContin reformulation at the Sydney Medically Supervised Injecting Centre: Pros and cons.
Jauncey M, Livingston M, Salmon AM, Dietze P.
Int J Drug Policy. 2018 Mar; 53:17-22
- Rising Chlamydia and Gonorrhoea Incidence and Associated Risk Factors Among Female Sex Workers in Australia: A Retrospective Cohort Study.
Callander D, McManus H, Guy R, Hellard M, O'Connor CC, Fairley CK, Chow EPF, McNulty A, Lewis DA, Carmody C, Schmidt HA, Kim J, Donovan B
Sex Transm Dis. 2018 Mar; 45(3):199-206
- A tale of two countries: progress towards UNAIDS 90-90-90 targets in Botswana and Australia.
Marukutira T, Stoové M, Lockman S, Mills LA, Gaolathe T, Lebelonyane R, Jarvis JN, Kelly SL, Wilson DP, Luchters S, Crowe SM, Hellard M
J Int AIDS Soc. 2018 Mar; 21(3):e25090
- The age of adolescence.
Sawyer SM, Azzopardi PS, Wickremarathne D, Patton GC
Lancet Child Adolesc Health. 2018 Mar; 2(3):223-228
February, 2018 (14)
- Are people who inject drugs frequent users of emergency department services? A cohort study (2008-2013).
Nambiar D, Spelman T, Stoové M, Dietze P
Subst Use Misuse. 2018 Feb; 53(3):457-465
- Does training people to administer take-home naloxone increase their knowledge? Evidence from Australian programs.
Dietze PM, Draper B, Olsen A, Chronister KJ, van Beek I, Lintzeris N, Dwyer R, Nelson M, Lenton S
Drug Alcohol Rev. 2018 Feb; 37(4):472-479
- Adolescence and the next generation.
Patton GC, Olsson CA, Skirbekk V, Saffery R, Wlodek ME, Azzopardi PS, Stonawski M, Rasmussen B, Spry E, Francis K, Bhutta ZA, Kassebaum NJ, Mokdad AH, Murray CJL, Prentice AM, Reavley N, Sheehan P, Sweeny K, Viner RM, Sawyer SM
Nature. 2018 Feb; 554(7693):458-466
- Predictors of injecting cessation among a cohort of people who inject drugs in Tijuana, Mexico.
Horyniak D, Strathdee SA, West BS, Meacham M, Rangel G, Gaines TL
Drug Alcohol Depend. 2018 Feb; 185:298-304
- Risk of unplanned caesarean birth in Vietnamese-born women in Victoria, Australia: A cross-sectional study.
Agius PA, Davey MA, Small R
Women Birth. 2018 Feb; 31(6):496-504
- Acceptability of Peer-Delivered HIV Testing and Counselling Among Men Who Have Sex with Men (MSM) and Transgender Women (TW) in Myanmar.
Veronese V, Oo ZM, Thein ZW, Aung PP, Draper BL, Hughes C, Ryan C, Pedrana A, Stoové M
AIDS Behav. 2018 Feb; 22(8):2426-2434
- No Neurocognitive Advantage for Immediate Antiretroviral Treatment in adults with greater than 500 CD4+ T Cell Counts.
Wright EJ, Grund B, Robertson KR, Cysique L, Brew BJ, Collins GL, Poehlman-Roediger M, Vjecha M, Penalva de Oliveira A, Standridge B, Carey C, Avihingsanon A, Florence E, Lundgren JD, Arenas-Pinto A, Mueller NJ, Winston A, Nsubuga MS, Lal L, Price RW; INSIGHT START Neurology Substudy Group
AIDS. 2018 Feb; 32(8):985-997
- Pill testing or drug checking in Australia: Acceptability of service design features.
Barratt MJ, Bruno R, Ezard N, Ritter A
Drug Alcohol Rev. 2018 Feb; 37(2):226-236
- Higher transplacental pathogen-specific antibody transfer among pregnant women randomized to triple antiretroviral treatment versus short course zidovudine.
Bosire R, Farquhar C, Nduati R, Broliden K, Luchters S, Van de Perre P, De Vincenzi I, Merkel M, Wachuka V, Mbori-Ngacha D, John-Stewart G, Lohman-Payne B, Reilly M
Pediatr Infect Dis J. 2018 Feb; 37(3):246-252
- The association between intentional overdose and same-sex sexual intercourse in a cohort of people who inject drugs in Melbourne, Australia.
O'Keefe D, Bowring A, Aitken C, Dietze P
Subst Use Misuse. 2018 Feb; 53(5):755-762
- People Born In Non-Main English Speaking Countries Are Less Likely To Start Hiv Treatment Early In Australia: A National Cohort Analysis, 2014-15.
Gunaratnam P, McManus H, Watchirs-Smith L, McGregor S, Callander D, Brown G, Lobo R, O'Connor CC, Hellard M, Medland N, Lewis D, Palmer C, Law M, Gray R, Donovan B, Guy R; ACCESS Steering Committee
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 2018 Feb; 77(3):e31-e34
- Achieving hepatitis C elimination in Europe - to treatment scale up and beyond.
Hellard M, Scott N, Sacks Davis R, Pedrana A
J Hepatol. 2018 Feb; 68(3):383-385
- Modelling the elimination of hepatitis C as a public health threat in Iceland: a goal attainable by 2020.
Scott N, Ólafsson S, Gottfreðsson M, Tyrfingsson T, Rúnarsdóttir V, Hansdottir I, Benitez Hernandez U, Sigmundsdóttir G, Hellard M
J Hepatol. 2018 Feb; 68(5):932-939
- Declining prevalence of undiagnosed HIV in Melbourne: results from community-based bio-behavioural studies of gay and bisexual men.
Stoové M, Asselin J, Pedrana A, Lea T, Hellard M, Wilson D, Prestage G, de Wit J, Holt M
Aust N Z J Public Health. 2018 Feb; 42(1):57-61
January, 2018 (24)
- Association between visual inspection of the cervix with acetic acid examination and high-risk human papillomavirus infection, Chlamydia trachomatis, Neisseria gonorrhoeae and Trichomonas vaginalis in Papua New Guinea.
Vallely AJ, Toliman PJ, Ryan C, Rai G, Wapling J, Gabuzzi J, Kumbia A, Kombuk B, Kombati Z, Vallely LM, Kelly-Hanku A, Wand H, Tabrizi SN, Mola GDL, Kaldor JM
Aust N Z J Obstet Gynaecol. 2018 Jan; 58(5):576-581
- Involving men to improve maternal and newborn health: A systematic review of the effectiveness of interventions.
Tokhi M, Comrie-Thomson L, Davis J, Portela A, Chersich M, Luchters S
PLoS One. 2018 Jan; 13(1):e0191620
- Injection Drug Use Trajectories Among Migrant Populations: A Narrative Review.
Melo JS, Mittal ML, Horyniak D, Strathdee SA, Werb D
Subst Use Misuse. 2018 Jan; 53(9):1558-1570
- What Behaviors Do Young Heterosexual Australians See in Pornography? A Cross-Sectional Study.
Davis AC, Carrotte ER, Hellard ME, Lim MSC
J Sex Res. 2018 Jan; 55(3):310-319
- The associations of poor psychiatric well-being among incarcerated men with injecting drug use histories in Victoria, Australia.
Cossar R, Stoové M, Kinner SA, Dietze P, Aitken C, Curtis M, Kirwan A, Ogloff JRP
Health Justice. 2018 Jan; 6(1):1
- The effect of female sex on hepatitis C incidence among people who inject drugs: results from the international multi-cohort InC3 Collaborative.
Esmaeili A, Mirzazadeh A, Morris MD, Hajarizadeh B, Sacks HS, Maher L, Grebely J, Kim AY, Lauer G, Cox AL, Hellard M, Dietze P, Bruneau J, Shoukry NH, Dore GJ, Lloyd AR, Prins M, Page K; InC3 Collaborative.
Clin Infect Dis. 2018 Jan; 66(1):20-28
- Sofosbuvir and velpatasvir for hepatitis C virus infection in people with recent injection drug use (SIMPLIFY): an open-label, single-arm, phase 4, multicentre trial.
Grebely J, Dalgard O, Conway B, Cunningham EB, Bruggmann P, Hajarizadeh B, Amin J, Bruneau J, Hellard M, Litwin AH, Marks P, Quiene S, Siriragavan S, Applegate TL, Swan T, Byrne J, Lacalamita M, Dunlop A, Matthews GV, Powis J, Shaw D, Thurnheer MC, Weltman M, Kronborg I, Cooper C, Feld JJ, Fraser C, Dillon JF, Read P, Gane E, Dore GJ; SIMPLIFY Study Group
Lancet Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2018 Jan; 3(3):153-161
- The potential of task shifting selected maternal interventions to auxiliary midwives in Myanmar: a mixed-method study.
Than KK, Tin KN, La T, Thant KS, Myint T, Beeson JG, Luchters S, Morgan A
BMC Public Health. 2018 Jan; 18(1):99
- Alcohol consumption trends in Australia: Comparing surveys and sales-based measures.
Livingston M, Callinan S, Raninen J, Pennay A, Dietze PM
Drug Alcohol Rev. 2018 Jan; 37(Suppl 1):S9-S14
- Will growth in cryptomarket drug buying increase the harms of illicit drugs?
Aldridge J, Stevens A, Barratt MJ
Addiction. 2018 Jan; 113(5):789-796
- Acceptability and HIV prevention benefits of a peer-based model of rapid point of care HIV testing for Australian gay, bisexual and other men who have sex with men.
Leitinger D, Ryan KE, Brown G, Pedrana A, Wilkinson AL, Ryan C, Hellard M, Stoové M
AIDS Behav. 2018 Jan; 22(1):178-189
- Syndromic management of sexually transmissible infections in resource-poor settings: a systematic review with meta-analysis of the abnormal vaginal discharge flowchart for Neisseria gonorrhoea and Chlamydia trachomatis.
van Gemert C, Hellard M, Bradshaw CS, Fowkes FJI, Agius PA, Stoove M, Bennett CM
Sex Health. 2018 Jan; 15(1):1-12
- Internal funding required to improve HIV care.
Brownstein H, Higgs P
J Viral Hepat. 2018 Jan; 25(4):438
- The experiences of patients with advanced cancer and caregivers presenting to Emergency Departments: A qualitative study.
Philip J, Remedios C, Breen S, Weiland T, Willenberg L, Boughey M, Jelinek G, Lane H, Marck C, Weil J
Palliat Med. 2018 Jan; 32(2):439-446
- Health and wellbeing of Indigenous adolescents in Australia: a systematic synthesis of population data.
Azzopardi PS, Sawyer SM, Carlin JB, Degenhardt L, Brown N, Brown AD, Patton GC.
Lancet. 2018 Jan; 391(10122):766-782
- Epidemiology of chronic hepatitis B virus in Ireland using routinely collected surveillance and administrative data, 2004-2014.
van Gemert CE, Murphy N, Mitchell TA, Hellard ME, Thornton L
Ir J Med Sci. 2018 Jan; 187(3):803-811
- Critical examination of evidence for the nutritional status of children in Papua New Guinea - a systematic review.
McGlynn PJ, Renzaho AΜ, Pham MD, Toole M, Fisher J, Luchters S
Asia Pac J Clin Nutr. 2018 Jan; 27(1):1-18
- Deportation of non-citizen military veterans: A critical analysis of implications for the right to health.
Horyniak D, Bojorquez I, Armenta RF, Davidson PJ
Glob Public Health. 2018 Jan; 13(10):1369-1381
- Understanding the Targeting and Uptake of HIV Testing Among Gay and Bisexual Men Attending Sexual Health Clinics.
Jamil MS, McManus H, Callander D, Prestage G, Ali H, O'Connor CC, Chen M, McNulty AM, Knight V, Duck T, Keen P, Gray J, Medland N, Hellard M, Lewis DA, Grulich AE, Kaldor JM, Fairley CK, Donovan B, Guy RJ; ACCESS and NSW Partnership Project Steering Committees.
AIDS Behav. 2018 Jan; 22(2):513-521
- Managing opioid overdose in pregnancy with take-home naloxone.
Blandthorn J, Bowman E, Leung L, Bonomo Y, Dietze P
Aust N Z J Obstet Gynaecol. 2018 Jan; 58(4):460-462
- Assessing individual-level needle and syringe coverage parameters and the measurement of coverage in Melbourne, Australia: methods and impacts.
O'Keefe D, Scott N, Aitken C, Dietze P
J Public Health. 2018 Jan; 40(3):e336-e342
- Narratives of Young Men With Injecting Drug Use Histories Leaving Adult Prison.
Walker S, Higgs P, Stoové M, Wilson M
Int J Offender Ther Comp Criminol. 2018 Jan; ;62(12):3681-3707
- Eliminating hepatitis C virus as a public health threat among HIV-positive men who have sex with men: a multi-modelling approach to understand differences in sexual risk behaviour.
Scott N, Stoové M, Wilson DP, Keiser O, El-Hayek C, Doyle J, Hellard M
J Int AIDS Soc. 2018 Jan; 21(1):e25059
- The City of Johannesburg can end AIDS by 2030: modelling the impact of achieving the Fast-Track targets and what it will take to get there.
Stuart RM, Fraser-Hurt N, Kerr CC, Mabusela E, Madi V, Mkhwanazi F, Pillay Y, Barron P, Muzah B, Matsebula T, Gorgens M, Wilson DP
J Int AIDS Soc. 2018 Jan; 21(1):e25068
- Executive (0)
- Healthy Mothers, Healthy Babies (HMHB) (9)
- Eliminate HIV (42)
- Strategic Funding & Partnerships Executive Team (0)
- Disease Elimination (200)
- Maternal, Child and Adolescent Health (143)
- Philanthropy and Supporter Engagement (0)
- Eliminate Viral Hepatitis (23)
- Behaviours and Health Risks (147)
- Eliminate Malaria (29)
- Finance (0)
- Health Security (69)
- Eliminate Tuberculosis (TB) (4)
- Human Resources (0)
- Healthy Ageing (93)
- Research Support and Facilities (0)
- Information Technology (0)
- Laboratory Services (0)
- Education & Training (0)
- Support Services Group (0)
- Project Management and Quality Assurance Office (0)
- Previous Research and Public Health Projects (0)
- Marketing and Communications (0)
- International Operations (3)
- HIV and AIDS (51)
- Sexually Transmitted Infections (STIs) (10)
- Maternal and Child Health (22)
- Malaria (32)
- Immune Disease and Cancer (7)
- Hepatitis B (4)
- Hepatitis C (27)
- Global infectious disease threats (2)
- Injecting Drug Use (26)
- Alcohol and Other Drugs (19)
- Tuberculosis (TB) (4)
- Young People's Health (12)
- Justice Health (3)
- Sexual and Reproductive Health (3)
- Infectious Disease Modelling (3)
- Infectious Diseases Surveillance (2)
- LGBTQIA+ (9)
- Influenza (5)
- Global Adolescent Health (2)