COVID-19 represents an unprecedented health, social and economic challenge in Australia and around the world. Support Burnet’s COVID-19 emergency response today.
October, 2018 (4)
- Paritaprevir, ritonavir, ombitasvir, and dasabuvir with and without ribavirin in people with HCV genotype 1 and recent injecting drug use or receiving opioid substitution therapy.
Grebely J, Conway B, Cunningham EB, Fraser C, Moriggia A, Gane E, Stedman C, Cooper C, Castro E, Schmid P, Petoumenos K, Hajarizadeh B, Marks P, Erratt A, Dalgard O, Lacombe K, Feld JJ, Bruneau J, Daulouede JP, Powis J, Bruggmann P, Matthews GV, Kronborg I, Shaw D, Dunlop A, Hellard M, Applegate TL, Crawford S, Dore GJ; D3FEAT Study Group
Int J Drug Policy. 2018 Oct; 62:94-103
- Delivering the hepatitis C cure to Aboriginal people: documenting the perspectives of one Aboriginal Health Service.
Wallace J, Hanley B, Belfrage M, Gregson S, Quiery N, Lucke J
Aust J Prim Health. 2018 Oct; 24(6):491-495
- Blood-borne virus transmission in an urban, culturally diverse neighbourhood: results from a cross-sectional bio-behavioural survey using innovative outreach methods in a hard-to-reach population.
Peach E, Cogger S, Byron K, Francis P, O'Keefe D, Higgs P, Stoove M, Elmore K, Dietze P, Hellard M
Sex Health. 2018 Oct; 15(1):54-60
- Detection of virus-specific polymeric immunoglobulin A in acute hepatitis A, C, E virus serum samples using novel chimeric secretory component.
Mohd Hanafiah K, Garcia ML, Barnes NC, Anderson DA
BMC Res Notes. 2018 Oct; 11(1):688
August, 2018 (1)
- Achieving a hepatitis C cure: a qualitative exploration of the experiences and meanings of achieving a hepatitis C cure using the direct acting antivirals in Australia.
Richmond JA, Ellard J, Wallace J, Thorpe R, Higgs P, Hellard M, Thompson A
Hepatol Med Policy. 2018 Aug; 3:8
July, 2018 (4)
- Eliminating hepatitis C: the importance of frequent testing of people who inject drugs in high prevalence settings.
Scott N, Sacks-Davis R, Pedrana A, Doyle J, Thompson A, Hellard M
J Viral Hepat. 2018 Jul; 25(12):1472-1480
- Community-based provision of direct-acting antiviral therapy for hepatitis C: study protocol and challenges of a randomized controlled trial.
Wade AJ, Doyle JS, Gane E, Stedman C, Draper B, Iser D, Roberts SK, Kemp W, Petrie D, Scott N, Higgs P, Agius PA, Roney J, Stothers L, Thompson AJ, Hellard ME
Trials. 2018 Jul; 19(1):383
- Modeling of patient virus titers suggests that availability of a vaccine could reduce hepatitis C virus transmission among injecting drug users.
Major M, Gutfraind A, Shekhtman L, Cui Q, Kachko A, Cotler SJ, Hajarizadeh B, Sacks-Davis R, Page K, Boodram B, Dahari H
Sci Transl Med. 2018 Jul; 10(449):eaao4496
- Report from the International Viral Hepatitis Elimination Meeting (IVHEM), 17-18 November 2017, Amsterdam, the Netherlands: gaps and challenges in the WHO 2030 hepatitis C elimination framework.
Popping S, El-Sayed M, Feld J, Hatzakis A, Hellard M, Lesi O, Ninburg M, Ward J, Boucher C
J Virus Erad. 2018 Jul; 4(3):193-195
June, 2018 (2)
- Hepatitis C virus notification rates in Australia are highest in socioeconomically disadvantaged areas.
Hainsworth SW, Dietze PM, Wilson DP, Sutton B, Hellard ME, Scott N
PLoS One. 2018 Jun; 13(6):e0198336
- Cost-effectiveness of the controlled temperature chain for the hepatitis B virus birth dose vaccine in various global settings: a modelling study.
Scott N, Palmer A, Morgan C, Lesi O, Spearman CW, Sonderup M, Hellard M
Lancet Glob Health. 2018 Jun; 6(6):e659-e667
May, 2018 (1)
- Eliminating HIV/HCV co-infection in gay and bisexual men: is it achievable through scaling up treatment?
Sacks-Davis R, Pedrana AE, Scott N, Doyle JS, Hellard ME
Expert Rev Anti Infect Ther. 2018 May; 16(5):411-422
April, 2018 (4)
- Immunological responses following administration of a genotype 1a/1b/2/3a quadrivalent HCV VLP vaccine.
Christiansen D, Earnest-Silveira L, Chua B, Meuleman P, Boo I, Grubor-Bauk B, Jackson DC, Keck ZY, Foung SKH, Drummer HE, Gowans EJ, Torresi J
Sci Rep. 2018 Apr; 8(1):6483
- Aiming for elimination: outcomes of a consultation pathway supporting regional general practitioners to prescribe direct acting antiviral therapy for hepatitis C.
Wade AJ, McCormack A, Roder C, McDonald K, Davies M, Scott N, Wardrop M, Athan E, Hellard ME
J Viral Hepat. 2018 Apr; 25(9):1089-1098
- Experiences of liver health related uncertainty and self-reported stress among people who inject drugs living with hepatitis C virus: a qualitative study.
Goutzamanis S, Doyle JS, Thompson A, Dietze P, Hellard M, Higgs P; TAP study group.
BMC Infect Dis. 2018 Apr; 18(1):151
- Heterogeneity in hepatitis C treatment prescribing and uptake in Australia: a geospatial analysis of a year of unrestricted treatment access.
Scott N, Hainsworth SW, Sacks-Davis R, Pedrana A, Doyle J, Wade A, Hellard M
J Virus Erad. 2018 Apr; 4(2):108-114
February, 2018 (4)
- Antibody Responses to a Quadrivalent Hepatitis C Viral-Like Particle Vaccine Adjuvanted with Toll-Like Receptor 2 Agonists.
Christiansen D, Earnest-Silveira L, Chua B, Boo I, Drummer HE, Grubor-Bauk B, Gowans EJ, Jackson DC, Torresi J
Viral Immunol. 2018 Feb; 31(4):338-343
- Escape of Hepatitis C virus from epitope I neutralization increases sensitivity of other neutralization epitopes.
Gu J, Hardy J, Boo I, Vietheer P, McCaffrey K, Alhammad Y, Chopra A, Gaudieri S, Poumbourios P, Coulibaly F, Drummer HE
J Virol. 2018 Feb; 92(9):e02066-17
- Achieving hepatitis C elimination in Europe - to treatment scale up and beyond.
Hellard M, Scott N, Sacks Davis R, Pedrana A
J Hepatol. 2018 Feb; 68(3):383-385
- Modelling the elimination of hepatitis C as a public health threat in Iceland: a goal attainable by 2020.
Scott N, Ólafsson S, Gottfreðsson M, Tyrfingsson T, Rúnarsdóttir V, Hansdottir I, Benitez Hernandez U, Sigmundsdóttir G, Hellard M
J Hepatol. 2018 Feb; 68(5):932-939
January, 2018 (3)
- The effect of female sex on hepatitis C incidence among people who inject drugs: results from the international multi-cohort InC3 Collaborative.
Esmaeili A, Mirzazadeh A, Morris MD, Hajarizadeh B, Sacks HS, Maher L, Grebely J, Kim AY, Lauer G, Cox AL, Hellard M, Dietze P, Bruneau J, Shoukry NH, Dore GJ, Lloyd AR, Prins M, Page K; InC3 Collaborative.
Clin Infect Dis. 2018 Jan; 66(1):20-28
- Sofosbuvir and velpatasvir for hepatitis C virus infection in people with recent injection drug use (SIMPLIFY): an open-label, single-arm, phase 4, multicentre trial.
Grebely J, Dalgard O, Conway B, Cunningham EB, Bruggmann P, Hajarizadeh B, Amin J, Bruneau J, Hellard M, Litwin AH, Marks P, Quiene S, Siriragavan S, Applegate TL, Swan T, Byrne J, Lacalamita M, Dunlop A, Matthews GV, Powis J, Shaw D, Thurnheer MC, Weltman M, Kronborg I, Cooper C, Feld JJ, Fraser C, Dillon JF, Read P, Gane E, Dore GJ; SIMPLIFY Study Group
Lancet Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2018 Jan; 3(3):153-161
- Eliminating hepatitis C virus as a public health threat among HIV-positive men who have sex with men: a multi-modelling approach to understand differences in sexual risk behaviour.
Scott N, Stoové M, Wilson DP, Keiser O, El-Hayek C, Doyle J, Hellard M
J Int AIDS Soc. 2018 Jan; 21(1):e25059
- Eliminate HIV (42)
- Healthy Mothers, Healthy Babies (HMHB) (9)
- Eliminate Viral Hepatitis (23)
- Eliminate Malaria (29)
- Maternal, Child and Adolescent Health (143)
- Disease Elimination (200)
- Behaviours and Health Risks (147)
- Eliminate Tuberculosis (TB) (4)
- Health Security (69)
- Healthy Ageing (93)
- HIV and AIDS (51)
- Sexually Transmitted Infections (STIs) (10)
- Maternal and Child Health (22)
- Malaria (32)
- Immune Disease and Cancer (7)
- Hepatitis B (4)
- Hepatitis C (27)
- Global infectious disease threats (2)
- Injecting Drug Use (26)
- Alcohol and Other Drugs (19)
- Tuberculosis (TB) (4)
- Young People's Health (12)
- Justice Health (3)
- Sexual and Reproductive Health (3)
- Infectious Disease Modelling (3)
- Infectious Diseases Surveillance (2)
- LGBTQIA+ (9)
- Influenza (5)
- Global Adolescent Health (2)