Support mathematical modelling at Burnet and help save lives around the world.
November, 2017 (1)
- Exploring mortality among drug treatment clients: The relationship between treatment type and mortality.
Lloyd B, Zahnow R, Barratt MJ, Best D, Lubman DI, Ferris J
J Subst Abuse Treat. 2017 Nov; 82:22-28
October, 2017 (2)
- The attribution of a death to heroin: A model to help improve the consistent and transparent classification and reporting of heroin-related deaths.
Stam NC, Gerostamoulos D, Dietze PM, Parsons S, Smith K, Lloyd B, Pilgrim JL
Forensic Sci Int. 2017 Oct; 281:18-28
- Injecting drug use continues in older users too.
Higgs P, Dietze P
BMJ. 2017 Oct; 359:j4738
September, 2017 (1)
- Efficacy of response-guided directly observed pegylated interferon and self-administered ribavirin for people who inject drugs with hepatitis C virus genotype 2/3 infection: The ACTIVATE study.
Grebely J, Dalgard O, Cunningham EB, Hajarizadeh B, Foster GR, Bruggmann P, Conway B, Backmund M, Robaeys G, Swan T, Amin J, Marks PS, Quiene S, Applegate TL, Weltman M, Shaw D, Dunlop A, Hellard M, Bruneau J, Midgard H, Bourgeois S, Staehelin C, Dore GJ; ACTIVATE Study Group.
Int J Drug Policy. 2017 Sep; 47:177-186
August, 2017 (1)
- A prospective cohort study of hospital separations among people who inject drugs in Australia: 2008-2013.
Nambiar D, Stoové M, Hickman M, Dietze P
BMJ Open. 2017 Aug; 7(8):e014854
July, 2017 (2)
- The experience of initiating injection drug use and its social context: A qualitative systematic review and thematic synthesis.
Guise A, Horyniak D, Melo J, McNeill R, Werb D
Addiction. 2017 Jul; 112(12):2098-2111
- Cross-border injection drug use and HIV and hepatitis C virus seropositivity among people who inject drugs in San Diego, California.
Horyniak D, Wagner KD, Armenta RF, Cuevas-Mota J, Hendrickson E, Garfein RS
J Int AIDS Soc. 2017 Jul; 47:9-17
June, 2017 (4)
- Moving on from representativeness: Testing the utility of the global drug survey.
Barratt MJ, Ferris JA, Zahnow R, Palamar JJ, Maier LJ, Winstock AR
Subst Abuse. 2017 Jun; 11:1178221817716391
- Re-examining blood donor deferral criteria relating to injecting drug use.
Quinn B, Seed C, Keller A, Maher L, Wilson D, Farrell M, Caris S, Williams J, Madden A, Thompson A, Pink J, Hellard ME
Int J Drug Policy. 2017 Jun; 48:9-17
- Injecting drug use in low and middle income countries: opportunities to improve care and prevent harm.
O'Keefe D, Stoové M, Doyle J, Dietze P, Hellard M.
J Viral Hepat. 2017 Jun; 24(9):714-724
- Changes in risk behaviours during and following treatment for hepatitis C virus infection among people who inject drugs: The ACTIVATE study.
Midgard H, Hajarizadeh B, Cunningham EB, Conway B, Backmund M, Bruggmann P, Bruneau J, Bourgeois S, Dunlop A, Foster GR, Hellard M, Robaeys G, Thurnheer MC, Weltman M, Amin J, Marks PS, Quiene S, Dore GJ, Dalgard O, Grebely J; ACTIVATE Study Group.
Int J Drug Policy. 2017 Jun; 47:230-238
May, 2017 (4)
- Longitudinal changes in personal wellbeing in a cohort of people who inject drugs.
Scott N, Carrotte ER, Higgs P, Stoové MA, Aitken CK, Dietze PM
PLoS One. 2017 May; 12(5):e0178474
- How does the use of multiple needles/syringes per injecting episode impact on the measurement of individual level needle and syringe program coverage?
O'Keefe D, McCormack A, Cogger S, Aitken C, Burns L, Bruno R, Stafford J, Butler K, Breen C, Dietze P
Int J Drug Policy. 2017 May; 46:96-106
- Trends in reports of driving following illicit drug consumption among regular drug users in Australia, 2007-2013: Has random roadside drug testing had a deterrent effect?
Horyniak D, Dietze P, Lenton S, Alati R, Bruno R, Matthews A, Breen C, Burns L
Accid Anal Prev. 2017 May; 104:146-155
- Frequent emergency department presentations among people who inject drugs: A record linkage study.
Nambiar D, Stoové M, Dietze P
Int J Drug Policy. 2017 May; 44:115-120
April, 2017 (1)
- Longitudinal analysis of change in individual-level needle and syringe coverage amongst a cohort of people who inject drugs in Melbourne, Australia.
O'Keefe D, Scott N, Aitken C, Dietze P
Drug Alcohol Depend. 2017 Apr; 176:7-13
March, 2017 (1)
- The effects of needle-sharing and opioid substitution therapy on incidence of hepatitis C virus infection and reinfection in people who inject drugs.
Aitken CK, Agius PA, Higgs PG, Stoové MA, Bowden DS, Dietze PM
Epidemiol Infect. 2017 Mar; 145(4):796-801
February, 2017 (2)
- A critical examination of the definition of 'psychoactive effect' in Australian drug legislation.
Barratt MJ, Seear K, Lancaster K
Int J Drug Policy. 2017 Feb; 40:16-25
- Relapse to opioid use occurs sooner in opioid dependent persons released from compulsory drug detention centres compared to voluntary methadone treatment centres in Malaysia.
Wegman MP, Altice FL, Kaur S, Rajandaran V, Osornprasop S, Wilson D, Wilson DP, Kamarulzaman A
Lancet Glob Health. 2017 Feb; 5(2):e198-e207
January, 2017 (2)
- Investigating Differences Between Drugs Used in the Australian Night-Time Economy: Demographics, Substance Use, and Harm.
Pennay A, Jenkinson R, Quinn B, Droste NT, Peacock A, Lubman DI, Miller PG
Subst Use Misuse. 2017 Jan; 52(1):71-81
- Phylogenetic analysis of full-length, early infection, hepatitis C virus genomes among people with intravenous drug use: the InC3 Study.
Rodrigo C, Eltahla AA, Bull RA, Luciani F, Grebely J, Dore GJ, Applegate T, Page K, Bruneau J, Morris MD, Cox AL, Osburn W, Kim AY, Shoukry NH, Lauer GM, Maher L, Schinkel J, Prins M, Hellard M, Lloyd AR; InC3 Collaborative
J Viral Hepat. 2017 Jan; 24(1):43-52
- Executive (1)
- Healthy Mothers, Healthy Babies (HMHB) (4)
- Eliminate HIV (20)
- Strategic Funding & Partnerships Executive Team (0)
- Disease Elimination (147)
- Maternal, Child and Adolescent Health (76)
- Philanthropy and Supporter Engagement (0)
- Eliminate Viral Hepatitis (21)
- Behaviours and Health Risks (79)
- Eliminate Malaria (35)
- Finance (0)
- Health Security (36)
- Eliminate Tuberculosis (TB) (5)
- Human Resources (0)
- Healthy Ageing (60)
- Research Support and Facilities (0)
- Burnet Honorary Research Fellows (0)
- Information Technology (0)
- Laboratory Services (0)
- Education & Training (0)
- Support Services Group (2)
- Project Management and Quality Assurance Office (0)
- Previous Research and Public Health Projects (0)
- Marketing and Communications (0)
- International Operations (13)
- HIV and AIDS (47)
- Sexually Transmitted Infections (STIs) (10)
- Maternal and Child Health (13)
- Malaria (51)
- Immune Disease and Cancer (10)
- Hepatitis B (4)
- Hepatitis C (25)
- Global infectious disease threats (2)
- Injecting Drug Use (21)
- Healthy Ageing (1)
- Alcohol and Other Drugs (20)
- Tuberculosis (TB) (11)
- Young People's Health (4)
- Justice Health (1)
- Nutrition (1)
- Sexual and Reproductive Health (2)
- Infectious Diseases Surveillance (1)
- LGBTQIA+ (2)
- Influenza (1)