Donate today and join the fight to achieve global malaria elimination targets.
October, 2017 (3)
- Risk factors and pregnancy outcomes associated with placental malaria in a prospective cohort of Papua New Guinean women.
Lufele E, Umbers A, Ordi J, Ome-Kaius M, Wangnapi R, Unger H, Tarongka N, Siba P, Mueller I, Robinson L, Rogerson S
Malar J. 2017 Oct; 16(1):427
- The development of Plasmodium falciparum-specific IL10 CD4 T cells and protection from malaria in children in an area of high malaria transmission.
Boyle MJ, Jagannathan P, Bowen K, McIntyre TI, Vance HM, Farrington LA, Schwartz A, Nankya F, Naluwu K, Wamala S, Sikyomu E, Rek J, Greenhouse B, Arinaitwe E, Dorsey G, Kamya MR, Feeney ME
Front Immunol. 2017 Oct; 8:1329
- Declining malaria transmission differentially impacts on the maintenance of humoral immunity to Plasmodium falciparum in children.
Mugyenyi CK, Elliott SR, Yap XZ, Feng G, Boeuf P, Fegan G, Osier FFH, Fowkes FJI, Avril M, Williams TN, Marsh K, Beeson JG
J Infect Dis. 2017 Oct; 216(7):887-898
July, 2017 (1)
- Determinants of knowledge of critical danger signs, safe childbirth and immediate newborn care practices among auxiliary midwives: a cross sectional survey in Myanmar.
Than KK, Morgan A, Pham MD, Beeson JG, Luchters S
BMJ Open. 2017 Jul; 7(6):e017180
June, 2017 (1)
- Synergistic effect of IL-12 and IL-18 induces TIM3 regulation of γδ T cell function and decreases the risk of clinical malaria in children living in Papua New Guinea.
Schofield L, Ioannidis LJ, Karl S, Robinson LJ, Tan QY, Poole DP, Betuela I, Hill DL, Siba PM, Hansen DS, Mueller I, Eriksson EM
BMC Med. 2017 Jun; 15(1):114
May, 2017 (4)
- Prevention of postpartum haemorrhage by community-based auxiliary midwives in hard-to-reach areas of Myanmar: a qualitative inquiry into acceptability and feasibility of task shifting.
Than KK, Mohamed Y, Oliver V, Myint T, La T, Beeson JG, Luchters S
BMC Pregnancy Childbirth. 2017 May; 17(1):146
- Mediation of the effect of malaria in pregnancy on stillbirth and neonatal death in an area of low transmission: observational data analysis.
Moore KA, Fowkes FJI, Wiladphaingern J, Wai NS, Paw MK, Pimanpanarak M, Carrara VI, Raksuansak J, Simpson JA, White NJ, Nosten F, McGready R
BMC Med. 2017 May; 15(1):98
- Six-month exclusive breastfeeding among Myanmar migrants in Samut Sakhon Province, Thailand.
Pitikultang, S, Khin, MM, Siri, S, Taechaboonsermsak, P
SE Asian J Trop Med Pub Health. 2017 May; 48(3):662-673
- Early childhood development: impact of national human development, family poverty, parenting practices and access to early childhood education.
Tran TD, Luchters S, Fisher J
Child Care Health Dev. 2017 May; 43(3):415-426
March, 2017 (2)
- The cause-specific morbidity and mortality, and referral patterns of all neonates admitted to a tertiary referral hospital in the northern provinces of Vietnam over a one year period.
Miles M, Dung KT, Ha LT, Liem NT, Ha K, Hunt RW, Mulholland K, Morgan C, Russell FM
PLoS One. 2017 Mar; 12(3):e0173407
- Antibody responses to Plasmodium falciparum and Plasmodium vivax and prospective risk of Plasmodium spp. infection postpartum.
McLean ARD, Boel M, McGready R, Ataide R, Drew D, Tsuboi T, James G. Beeson JG, Francois Nosten, Julie A. Simpson and Freya J. I. Fowkes
Am J Trop Med Hyg. 2017 Mar; 96(5):1197-1204
February, 2017 (2)
- The potential benefit of scaling up malaria prevention to reduce low birth weight in Africa.
Beeson JG, Simpson JA
PLoS Med. 2017 Feb; 14(2):e1002244
- Naturally Acquired Binding-Inhibitory Antibodies to Plasmodium vivax Duffy Binding Protein in Pregnant Women Are Associated with Higher Birth Weight in a Multicenter Study.
Requena P, Arévalo-Herrera M, Menegon M, Martínez-Espinosa FE, Padilla N, Bôtto-Menezes C, Malheiro A, Hans D, Castellanos ME, Robinson L, Samol P, Kochar S, Kochar SK, Kochar DK, Desai M, Sanz S, Quintó L, Mayor A, Rogerson S, Mueller I, Severini C, Del Portillo HA, Bardají A, Chitnis CC, Menéndez C, Dobaño C
Front Immunol. 2017 Feb; Epub ahead of print
- Executive (1)
- Healthy Mothers, Healthy Babies (HMHB) (4)
- Eliminate HIV (20)
- Strategic Funding & Partnerships Executive Team (0)
- Disease Elimination (147)
- Maternal, Child and Adolescent Health (76)
- Philanthropy and Supporter Engagement (0)
- Health Security and Pandemic Preparedness (36)
- Eliminate Malaria (35)
- Eliminate Tuberculosis (TB) (5)
- Finance (0)
- Healthy Ageing (60)
- Human Resources (0)
- Burnet Honorary Research Fellows (0)
- Research Support and Facilities (0)
- Harm Reduction (0)
- Information Technology (0)
- Burnet Vaccine Initiative (0)
- Laboratory Services (0)
- Eliminate Viral Hepatitis (21)
- Education & Training (0)
- Infectious Diseases Elimination (0)
- Support Services Group (2)
- Project Management and Quality Assurance Office (0)
- Marketing and Communications (0)
- International Operations (13)
- Commercialisation, Innovation and Industry Partnerships (0)
- HIV and AIDS (47)
- Sexually Transmitted Infections (STIs) (10)
- Maternal and Child Health (13)
- Malaria (51)
- Immune Disease and Cancer (10)
- Hepatitis B (4)
- Hepatitis C (25)
- Global infectious disease threats (2)
- Injecting Drug Use (21)
- Healthy Ageing (1)
- Alcohol and Other Drugs (20)
- Tuberculosis (TB) (11)
- Young People's Health (4)
- Justice Health (1)
- Nutrition (1)
- Sexual and Reproductive Health (2)
- Infectious Diseases Surveillance (1)
- LGBTQIA+ (2)
- Influenza (1)