Support mathematical modelling at Burnet and help save lives around the world.
December, 2017 (1)
- Computational analysis of antibody dynamics identifies recent HIV-1 infection.
Seaton KE, Vandergrift NA, Deal AW, Rountree W, Bainbridge J, Grebe E, Anderson DA, Sawant S, Shen X, Yates NL, Denny TN, Liao HX, Haynes BF, Robb ML, Parkin N, Santos BR, Garrett N, Price MA, Naniche D, Duerr AC; CEPHIA group, Keating S, Hampton D, Facente S, Marson K, Welte A, Pilcher CD, Cohen MS, Tomaras GD.
JCI Insight. 2017 Dec; 2(24):e94355
November, 2017 (2)
- Dysfunctional HDL from HIV+ individuals promotes monocyte-derived foam cell formation in vitro.
Angelovich TA, Hearps AC, Oda MN, Borja MS, Huynh D, Homann S, Jaworowski A, Kelesidis T
AIDS. 2017 Nov; 31(17):2331-2336
- Factors associated with HIV testing among young men who have sex with men in Myanmar: a cross-sectional study.
Pham MD, Aung PP, Paing AK, Pasricha N, Agius PA, Tun W, Bajracharya A, Luchters S
J Int AIDS Soc. 2017 Nov; 20(3):e25026
October, 2017 (2)
- Trial and error: evaluating and refining a community model of HIV testing in Australia.
Ryan KE, Pedrana A, Leitinger D, Wilkinson AL, Locke P, Hellard ME, Stoové M
BMC Health Serv Res. 2017 Oct; 17(1):692
- Getting it right when budgets are tight: Using optimal expansion pathways to prioritize responses to concentrated and mixed HIV epidemics.
Stuart RM, Kerr CC, Haghparast-Bidgoli H, Estill J, Grobicki L, Baranczuk Z, Prieto L, Montañez V, Reporter I, Gray RT, Skordis-Worrall J, Keiser O, Cheikh N, Boonto K, Osornprasop S, Lavadenz F, Benedikt CJ, Martin-Hughes R, Hussain SA, Kelly SL, Kedziora DJ, Wilson DP
PLoS One. 2017 Oct; 12(10):e0185077
September, 2017 (1)
- Metabolically active CD4+ T cells expressing Glut1 and OX40 preferentially harbor HIV during in vitro infection.
Palmer CS, Duette GA, Wagner MCE, Henstridge DC, Saleh S, Pereira C, Zhou J, Simar D, Lewin SR, Ostrowski M, McCune JM, Crowe SM
FEBS Lett. 2017 Sep; 591(20):3319-3332
August, 2017 (7)
- Assessment of metabolic and mitochondrial dynamics in CD4+ and CD8+ T cells in virologically suppressed HIV-positive individuals on combination antiretroviral therapy.
Masson JJR, Murphy AJ, Lee MKS, Ostrowski M, Crowe SM, Palmer CS
PLoS One. 2017 Aug; 12(8):e0183931
- HIV-1 Env- and Vpu-specific antibody-dependent cellular cytotoxicity responses associated with elite control of HIV.
Madhavi V, Wines BD, Amin J, Emery S; ENCORE1 study group, Lopez E, Kelleher A; Sydney LTNP study group, Center RJ, Hogarth PM, Chung AW, Kent SJ, Stratov I
J Virol. 2017 Aug; 91(18):e00700-17
- Analysis of clinical HIV-1 strains with resistance to maraviroc reveals strain-specific resistance mutations, variable degrees of resistance, and minimal cross-resistance to other CCR5 antagonists.
Flynn J, Ellenberg P, Duncan R, Ellett A, Zhou J, Sterjovski J, Cashin K, Borm K, Gray L, Lewis M, Jubb B, Westby M, Lee B, Lewin SR, Churchill M, Roche M, Gorry P
AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses. 2017 Aug; 33(12):1220-1235
- Partial efficacy of a broadly neutralizing antibody against cell-associated SHIV infection.
Parsons MS, Lloyd SB, Lee WS, Kristensen AB, Amarasena T, Center RJ, Keele BF, Lifson JD, LaBranche CC, Montefiori D, Wines BD, Hogarth PM, Swiderek KM, Venturi V, Davenport MP, Kent SJ
Sci Trans Med. 2017 Aug; 9(402):eaaf1483
- Outcomes of treatment for hepatitis C virus infection in the prison setting.
Mbenda HGN, Wadley A, Lombard Z, Cherry C, Price P, Kammerman P
J Neuorvirol. 2017 Aug; 23(4):511-519
- Anti-HIV-1 ADCC antibodies following latency reversal and treatment interruption.
Lee WS, Kristensen AB, Rasmussen TA, Tolstrup M, Østergaard L, Søgaard OS, Wines BD, Hogarth PM, Reynaldi A, Davenport MP, Emery S, Amin J, Cooper DA, Kan VL, Fox J, Gruell H, Parsons MS, Kent SJ
J Virol. 2017 Aug; 91(15):e00603
- Immunometabolic and lipidomic markers associated with the frailtyindex and quality of life in aging HIV+ men on antiretroviral therapy.
Yeoh HL, Cheng AC, Cherry CL, Weir JM, Meikle PJ, Hoy JF, Crowe SM, Palmer CS
EBioMedicine. 2017 Aug; 22:112-21
July, 2017 (4)
- Willingness to use HIV pre-exposure prophylaxis among gay men, other men who have sex with men and transgender women in Myanmar.
Draper BL, Oo ZM, Thein ZW, Aung PP, Veronese V, Ryan C, Thant M, Hughes C, Stoové M
J Int AIDS Soc. 2017 Jul; 20(1):21885
- Cross-border injection drug use and HIV and hepatitis C virus seropositivity among people who inject drugs in San Diego, California.
Horyniak D, Wagner KD, Armenta RF, Cuevas-Mota J, Hendrickson E, Garfein RS
J Int AIDS Soc. 2017 Jul; 47:9-17
- Australasian Society for HIV, Viral Hepatitis and Sexual Health Medicine HIV pre-exposure prophylaxis: clinical guidelines.
Wright E, Grulich A, Roy K, Boyd M, Cornelisse V, Russell D, O'Donnell D, Whittaker B, Crooks L, Zablotska I
J Virus Erad. 2017 Jul; 3(3):168-184
- Effect of combination antiretroviral therapy on HIV-1-specific antibody-dependent cellular cytotoxicity responses in subtype B- and subtype C-infected cohorts.
Madhavi V, Kulkarni A, Shete A, Lee WS, Mclean MR, Kristensen AB, Ghate M, Wines BD, Hogarth PM, Parsons MS, Kelleher A, Cooper DA, Amin J, Emery S, Thakar M, Kent SJ
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 2017 Jul; 75(3):345-353
June, 2017 (10)
- Persistence of activated and adaptive-like NK cells in HIV+ individuals despite 2 Years of suppressive combination antiretroviral therapy.
Hearps AC, Agius PA, Zhou J, Brunt S, Chachage M, Angelovich TA, Cameron PU, Giles M, Price P, Elliott J, Jaworowski A
Front Immunol. 2017 Jun; 8:731
- Acute HIV infection detection and immediate treatment estimated to reduce transmission by 89% among men who have sex with men in Bangkok.
Kroon EDMB, Phanuphak N, Shattock AJ, Fletcher JLK, Pinyakorn S, Chomchey N, Akapirat S, de Souza MS, Robb ML, Kim JH, van Griensven F, Ananworanich J, Wilson DP
J Int AIDS Soc. 2017 Jun; 20(1):1-9
- Dimeric Fcγ receptor enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay to study HIV-specific antibodies: a new look into breadth of Fcγ receptor antibodies induced by the RV144 Vaccine Trial.
McLean MR, Madhavi V, Wines BD, Hogarth PM, Chung AW, Kent SJ
J Immunol. 2017 Jun; 199(2):816-826
- Memory B cells, the HLA-B*57 allele and natural control of HIV infection.
EBioMedicine. 2017 Jun; 21:47-48
- Correlates of Preexposure Prophylaxis (PrEP) use among men who have sex with men (MSM) in Los Angeles, California.
Okafor CN, Gorbach PM, Ragsdale A, Quinn B, Shoptaw S
J Urban Health. 2017 Jun; 94(5):710-715
- Post-treatment control in an adult with perinatally acquired HIV following cessation of antiretroviral therapy.
McMahon JH, Chang J, Tennakoon S, Dantanarayana A, Solomon A, Cherry C, Doherty R, Cameron P, Lewin SR
AIDS. 2017 Jun; 31(9):1344-1346
- A cross-sectional study of HIV and STIs among male sex workers attending Australian sexual health clinics.
Callander D, Read P, Prestage G, Minichiello V, Chow EP, Lewis DA, McNulty A, Ali H, Hellard M, Guy R, Donovan B
Sex Transm Infect. 2017 Jun; 93(4):299-302
- Less frequent CD4 monitoring in virologically suppressed HIV.
McMahon J, Crowe SM
Lancet HIV. 2017 Jun; 4(6):e233-e234
- Monitoring HIV-associated neurocognitive disorder using screenings: a critical review including guidelines for clinical and research use.
Kamminga J, Lal L, Wright EJ, Bloch M, Brew BJ, Cysique LA
Curr HIV/AIDS Rep. 2017 Jun; 14(3):83-92
- Improvements in Spectrum's fit to program data tool.
Mahiane SG, Marsh K, Grantham K, Crichlow S, Caceres K, Stover J
AIDS. 2017 Jun; 31(Suppl 1):S23-S30
May, 2017 (3)
- Genetics of HIV-associated sensory neuropathy and related pain in Africans.
Ngassa Mbenda HG, Wadley A, Lombard Z, Cherry C, Price P, Kamerman P
J Neurovirol. 2017 May; 23(4):511-519
- No adverse safety or virological changes two years following vorinostat in HIV-infected individuals on antiretroviral therapy.
Mota TM, Rasmussen TA, Rhodes A, Tennakoon S, Dantanarayana A, Wightman F, Hagenauer M, Roney J, Spelman T, Purcell DF, McMahon J, Hoy JF, Prince HM, Elliott JH, Lewin SR
AIDS. 2017 May; 31(8):1137-1141
- Medication adherence, condom use and sexually transmitted infections in Australian PrEP users: interim results from the Victorian PrEP Demonstration Project.
Lal L, Audsley J, Murphy D, Fairley CK, Stoove M, Roth N, Moore R, Tee BK, Puratmaja N, Anderson PL, Leslie D, Grant RM, De Wit J, Wright E; VicPrEP Study Team.
AIDS. 2017 May; 31(12):1709-1714
April, 2017 (6)
- New HIV testing technologies in the context of a concentrated epidemic and evolving HIV prevention: qualitative research on HIV self-testing among men who have sex with men and transgender women in Yangon, Myanmar.
Wirtz AL, Clouse E, Veronese V, Thu KH, Naing S, Baral SD, Beyrer C
J Int AIDS Soc. 2017 Apr; 20:21796
- HIV-1 and SIV Predominantly Use CCR5 Expressed on a Precursor Population to Establish Infection in T Follicular Helper Cells.
Xu Y, Phetsouphanh C, Suzuki K, Aggrawal A, Graff-Dubois S, Roche M, Bailey M, Alcantara S, Cashin K, Sivasubramaniam R, Koelsch KK, Autran B, Harvey R, Gorry PR, Moris A, Cooper DA, Turville S, Kent SJ, Kelleher AD, Zaunders J
Front Immunol. 2017 Apr; 8:376
- Wilkinson et al. Respond to "Latent Transition Analyses in Clinical Cohorts".
Wilkinson AL, El-Hayek C, Fairley CK, Roth N, Tee BK, McBryde E, Hellard M, Stoové M
Am J Epidemiol. 2017 Apr; 185(8):639-640
- Vaginal lactic acid elicits an anti-inflammatory
response from human cervicovaginal epithelial
cells and inhibits production of pro-inflammatory
mediators associated with HIV acquisition.
Hearps AC, Tyssen D, Srbinovski D, Bayigga L, Diaz DJD, Aldunate M, Cone RA, Gugasyan R, Anderson DJ, Tachedjian G
Mucosal Immunol. 2017 Apr; 10(6):1480-1490
- Porphyromonas gingivalis antibody levels and diagnosis of coronary artery disease in HIV-positive individuals.
Berquist VL, Hearps AC, Ford P, Jaworowski A, Leishman SJ, Hoy JF, Trevillyan JM
J Periodontal Res. 2017 Apr; 52(5):930-935
- Dorsal longitudinal foreskin cut is associated with reduced risk of HIV, syphilis and genital herpes in men: a cross-sectional study in Papua New Guinea.
Vallely AJ, MacLaren D, David M, Toliman P, Kelly-Hanku A, Toto B, Tommbe R, Kombati Z, Kaima P, Browne K, Manineng C, Simeon L, Ryan C, Wand H, Hill P, Law G, Siba PM, McBride WJ, Kaldor JM
J Int AIDS Soc. 2017 Apr; 20(1):21358
March, 2017 (2)
- Antibody functional assays as measures of Fc receptor-mediated immunity to HIV - New technologies and their Impact on the HIV vaccine field.
Wines BD, Billings H, Mclean MR, Kent SJ, Hogarth PM
Curr HIV Res. 2017 Mar; 15(3):202-215
- Measuring transitions in sexual risk among Men Who Have Sex With Men: The novel use of latent class and latent transition analysis in HIV sentinel surveillance.
Wilkinson AL, El-Hayek C, Fairley CK, Roth N, Tee BK, McBryde E, Hellard M, Stoové M
Am J Epidemiol. 2017 Mar; 185(8):627-635
February, 2017 (6)
- Nonnucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors reduce HIV-1 virus production from latently infected resting CD4+ T cells following latency reversal.
Zerbato JM, Tachedjian G, Sluis-Cremer N
Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2017 Feb; 61(3):e01736-16
- Integrase-resistant HIV in an antiretroviral-naive patient in Australia.
Rafiei N, Woolley I, Korman TM, Chibo D, Gooey M, McMahon JH
AIDS. 2017 Feb; 31(4):598-600
- Kazakhstan can achieve ambitious HIV targets despite expected donor withdrawal by combining improved ART procurement mechanisms with allocative and implementation efficiencies.
Shattock AJ, Benedikt C, Bokazhanova A, Đurić P, Petrenko I, Ganina L, Kelly SL, Stuart RM, Kerr CC, Vinichenko T, Zhang S, Hamelmann C, Manova M, Masaki E, Wilson DP, Gray RT
PLoS One. 2017 Feb; 12(2):e0169530
- High levels of transmitted HIV drug resistance in a study in Papua New Guinea.
Lavu E, Kave E, Mosoro E, Markby J, Aleksic E, Gare J, Elsum IA, Nano G, Kaima P, Dala N, Gurung A, Bertagnolio S, Crowe SM, Myatt M, Hearps AC, Jordan MR
PLoS One. 2017 Feb; 12(2):e0170265
- Comparing non-occupational post-exposure prophylaxis drug regimens for HIV: insights from a linked HIV surveillance system.
Pierce AB, El-Hayek C, McCarthy D, Armishaw J, Watson K, Wilkinson A, Price B, Wright EJ, Hoy JF, Stoové MA
Sex Health. 2017 Feb; 14(2):179-87
- Effectiveness of an integrated community- and clinic-based intervention on HIV testing, HIV knowledge, and sexual risk behavior of young men who have sex with men in Myanmar.
Aung PP, Ryan C, Bajracharya A, Pasricha N, Thein ZW, Agius PA, Sein TT, Willenberg L, Soe EM, Zaw NT, Tun W, Yam E, Luchters S
J Adolesc Health. 2017 Feb; 60(2S2):S45-S53
January, 2017 (3)
- Feasibility of antiretroviral treatment monitoring in the era of decentralized HIV care: a systematic review.
Pham MD, Romero L, Parnell B, Anderson DA, Crowe SM, Luchters S
AIDS Res Ther19. 2017 Jan; 14(1):3
- HIV-1 Pr55Gag binds genomic and spliced RNAs with different affinity and stoichiometry.
Bernacchi S, Abd El-Wahab EW, Dubois N, Hijnen M, Smyth RP, Mak J, Marquet R, Paillart JC
RNA Biol. 2017 Jan; 14(1):90-103
- Increased glucose transporter-1 expression on intermediate monocytes from HIV-infected women with subclinical cardiovascular disease.
Butterfield TR, Hanna DB, Kaplan RC, Kizer JR, Durkin HG, Young MA, Nowicki MJ, Tien PC, Golub ET, Floris-Moore MA, Titanji K, Fischl MA, Heath SL, Martinson J, Crowe SM, Palmer CS, Landay AL, Anzinger JJ
AIDS. 2017 Jan; 31(2):199-205
- Executive (1)
- Healthy Mothers, Healthy Babies (HMHB) (4)
- Eliminate HIV (20)
- Strategic Funding & Partnerships Executive Team (0)
- Disease Elimination (147)
- Maternal, Child and Adolescent Health (76)
- Philanthropy and Supporter Engagement (0)
- Eliminate Viral Hepatitis (21)
- Behaviours and Health Risks (79)
- Eliminate Malaria (35)
- Finance (0)
- Health Security (36)
- Eliminate Tuberculosis (TB) (5)
- Human Resources (0)
- Healthy Ageing (60)
- Research Support and Facilities (0)
- Burnet Honorary Research Fellows (0)
- Information Technology (0)
- Laboratory Services (0)
- Education & Training (0)
- Support Services Group (2)
- Project Management and Quality Assurance Office (0)
- Previous Research and Public Health Projects (0)
- Marketing and Communications (0)
- International Operations (13)
- HIV and AIDS (47)
- Sexually Transmitted Infections (STIs) (10)
- Maternal and Child Health (13)
- Malaria (51)
- Immune Disease and Cancer (10)
- Hepatitis B (4)
- Hepatitis C (25)
- Global infectious disease threats (2)
- Injecting Drug Use (21)
- Healthy Ageing (1)
- Alcohol and Other Drugs (20)
- Tuberculosis (TB) (11)
- Young People's Health (4)
- Justice Health (1)
- Nutrition (1)
- Sexual and Reproductive Health (2)
- Infectious Diseases Surveillance (1)
- LGBTQIA+ (2)
- Influenza (1)