Donate today and join the fight to achieve global malaria elimination targets.
December, 2017 (1)
- Hepatitis C testing and re-testing among people attending sexual health services in Australia, and hepatitis C incidence among people with human immunodeficiency virus: analysis of national sentinel surveillance data.
Boettiger DC, Law MG, Dore GJ, Guy R, Callander D, Donovan B, O'Connor CC, Fairley CK, Hellard M, Matthews G
BMC Infect Dis. 2017 Dec; 17(1):740
November, 2017 (6)
- Women and substance use: a qualitative study on sexual and reproductive health of women who use drugs in Delhi, India.
Sharma V, Sarna A, Tun W, Saraswati LR, Thior I, Madan I, Luchters S
BMJ Open. 2017 Nov; 7(11):e018530
- Dysfunctional HDL from HIV+ individuals promotes monocyte-derived foam cell formation in vitro.
Angelovich TA, Hearps AC, Oda MN, Borja MS, Huynh D, Homann S, Jaworowski A, Kelesidis T
AIDS. 2017 Nov; 31(17):2331-2336
- Antibody-dependent phagocytosis (ADP) responses following trivalent inactivated influenza vaccination of younger and older adults.
Ana-Sosa-Batiz F, Johnston APR, Hogarth PM, Wines BD, Barr I, Wheatley AK, Kent SJ
Vaccine. 2017 Nov; 35(47):6451-6458
- Factors associated with HIV testing among young men who have sex with men in Myanmar: a cross-sectional study.
Pham MD, Aung PP, Paing AK, Pasricha N, Agius PA, Tun W, Bajracharya A, Luchters S
J Int AIDS Soc. 2017 Nov; 20(3):e25026
- WHO guidelines on testing for hepatitis B and C - meeting targets for testing.
Hellard ME, Chou R, Easterbrook P
BMC Infect Dis. 2017 Nov; 17(Suppl 1):703
- Methodological challenges in appraising evidence on diagnostic testing for WHO guidelines on hepatitis B and hepatitis C virus infection.
Chou R, Easterbrook P, Hellard M
BMC Infect Dis. 2017 Nov; 17(Suppl 1):694
October, 2017 (5)
- Quantification of Monocyte Transmigration and Foam Cell Formation from Individuals with Chronic Inflammatory Conditions.
Angelovich TA, Hearps AC, Maisa A, Kelesidis T, Jaworowski A
J Vis Exp. 2017 Oct; 128:e56293
- Sugar or fat?—Metabolic requirements for immunity to viral infections
Shehata HM, Murphy AJ, Lee MKS, Gardiner CM, Crowe SM, Sanjabi S, Finlay DK, Palmer CS
Front Immunol. 2017 Oct; 8:1311
- Cell-free biochemical fluorometric enzymatic assay for high-throughput measurement of lipid peroxidation in high density lipoprotein.
Sen Roy S, Nguyen HCX, Angelovich TA, Hearps AC, Huynh D, Jaworowski A, Kelesidis T
J Exp Vis. 2017 Oct; 128:e56325
- Getting it right when budgets are tight: Using optimal expansion pathways to prioritize responses to concentrated and mixed HIV epidemics.
Stuart RM, Kerr CC, Haghparast-Bidgoli H, Estill J, Grobicki L, Baranczuk Z, Prieto L, Montañez V, Reporter I, Gray RT, Skordis-Worrall J, Keiser O, Cheikh N, Boonto K, Osornprasop S, Lavadenz F, Benedikt CJ, Martin-Hughes R, Hussain SA, Kelly SL, Kedziora DJ, Wilson DP
PLoS One. 2017 Oct; 12(10):e0185077
- Pathways to the elimination of hepatitis C: prioritising access for all.
Pedrana AE, Sacks-Davis R, Doyle JS, Hellard ME
Expert Rev Clin Pharmacol. 2017 Oct; 10(10):1023-1026
September, 2017 (6)
- Maximizing the impact of malaria funding through allocative efficiency: using the right interventions in the right locations.
Scott N, Hussain SA, Martin-Hughes R, Fowkes FJI, Kerr CC, Pearson R, Kedziora DJ, Killedar M, Stuart RM, Wilson DP
Malar J. 2017 Sep; 16(1):368
- Metabolically active CD4+ T cells expressing Glut1 and OX40 preferentially harbor HIV during in vitro infection.
Palmer CS, Duette GA, Wagner MCE, Henstridge DC, Saleh S, Pereira C, Zhou J, Simar D, Lewin SR, Ostrowski M, McCune JM, Crowe SM
FEBS Lett. 2017 Sep; 591(20):3319-3332
- Anorectal swabs as a marker of male-to-male sexual exposure in STI surveillance systems.
Ampt FH, El Hayek C, Agius PA, Bowring AL, Bartnik N, Van Gemert C, Fairley CK, Chow EPF, Bradshaw CS, Stephens N, Lim MSC, Hellard ME
Epidemiol Infect. 2017 Sep; 145(12):2530-2535
- Efficacy of response-guided directly observed pegylated interferon and self-administered ribavirin for people who inject drugs with hepatitis C virus genotype 2/3 infection: The ACTIVATE study.
Grebely J, Dalgard O, Cunningham EB, Hajarizadeh B, Foster GR, Bruggmann P, Conway B, Backmund M, Robaeys G, Swan T, Amin J, Marks PS, Quiene S, Applegate TL, Weltman M, Shaw D, Dunlop A, Hellard M, Bruneau J, Midgard H, Bourgeois S, Staehelin C, Dore GJ; ACTIVATE Study Group.
Int J Drug Policy. 2017 Sep; 47:177-186
- Reaching hepatitis C virus elimination targets requires health system interventions to enhance the care cascade.
Scott N, Doyle JS, Wilson DP, Wade A, Howell J, Pedrana A, Thompson A, Hellard ME
Int J Drug Policy. 2017 Sep; 47:107-116
- Knowledge and practices of chronic hepatitis B virus testing by general practitioners in Victoria, Australia, 2014-15.
van Gemert C, Howell J, Wang J, Stoové M, Cowie B, Allard N, Enright C, Dunn E, Towell V, Hellard M
Aust Fam Physician. 2017 Sep; 46(9):683-689
August, 2017 (9)
- Assessment of metabolic and mitochondrial dynamics in CD4+ and CD8+ T cells in virologically suppressed HIV-positive individuals on combination antiretroviral therapy.
Masson JJR, Murphy AJ, Lee MKS, Ostrowski M, Crowe SM, Palmer CS
PLoS One. 2017 Aug; 12(8):e0183931
- HIV-1 Env- and Vpu-specific antibody-dependent cellular cytotoxicity responses associated with elite control of HIV.
Madhavi V, Wines BD, Amin J, Emery S; ENCORE1 study group, Lopez E, Kelleher A; Sydney LTNP study group, Center RJ, Hogarth PM, Chung AW, Kent SJ, Stratov I
J Virol. 2017 Aug; 91(18):e00700-17
- WHISPER or SHOUT study: protocol of a cluster-randomised controlled trial assessing mHealth sexual reproductive health and nutrition interventions among female sex workers in Mombasa, Kenya.
Ampt FH, Mudogo C, Gichangi P, Lim MSC, Manguro G, Chersich M, Jaoko W, Temmerman M, Laini M, Comrie-Thomson L, Stoové M, Agius PA, Hellard M, L'Engle K, Luchters S
BMJ Open. 2017 Aug; 7(8):e017388
- Increased syphilis testing of men who have sex with men: greater detection of asymptomatic early syphilis and relative reduction in secondary syphilis.
Chow EPF, Callander D, Fairley CK, Zhang L, Donovan B, Guy R, Lewis DA, Hellard M, Read P, Ward A, Chen MY; ACCESS collaboration.
Clin Infect Dis. 2017 Aug; 65(3):389-395
- Anti-HIV-1 ADCC antibodies following latency reversal and treatment interruption.
Lee WS, Kristensen AB, Rasmussen TA, Tolstrup M, Østergaard L, Søgaard OS, Wines BD, Hogarth PM, Reynaldi A, Davenport MP, Emery S, Amin J, Cooper DA, Kan VL, Fox J, Gruell H, Parsons MS, Kent SJ
J Virol. 2017 Aug; 91(15):e00603
- Young Australians' use of pornography and associations with sexual risk behaviours.
Lim MSC, Agius PA, Carrotte ER, Vella AM, Hellard ME
Aust N Z J Public Health. 2017 Aug; 41(4):438-443
- Metabolic reprogramming during hepatitis B disease progression offers novel diagnostic and therapeutic opportunities.
Masson JJ, Billings HW, Palmer CS
Antivir Chem Chemother. 2017 Aug; 25(2):53-57
- Immunometabolic and lipidomic markers associated with the frailtyindex and quality of life in aging HIV+ men on antiretroviral therapy.
Yeoh HL, Cheng AC, Cherry CL, Weir JM, Meikle PJ, Hoy JF, Crowe SM, Palmer CS
EBioMedicine. 2017 Aug; 22:112-21
- Outcomes of treatment for hepatitis C virus infection in the prison setting.
Mbenda HGN, Wadley A, Lombard Z, Cherry C, Price P, Kammerman P
J Neuorvirol. 2017 Aug; 23(4):511-519
July, 2017 (6)
- New hepatitis C antiviral treatments eliminate the virus.
Doyle JS, Thompson AJ, Higgs P, Stoove M, Dietze PM, Hellard ME
Lancet. 2017 Jul; 390(10092):358-359
- Fc functional antibodies in humans with severe H7N9 and seasonal influenza.
Vanderven HA, Liu L, Ana-Sosa-Batiz F, Nguyen TH, Wan Y, Wines B, Hogarth PM, Tilmanis D, Reynaldi A, Parsons MS, Hurt AC, Davenport MP, Kotsimbos T, Cheng AC, Kedzierska K, Zhang X, Xu J, Kent SJ
JCI Insights. 2017 Jul; 2(13):92750
- Determinants of knowledge of critical danger signs, safe childbirth and immediate newborn care practices among auxiliary midwives: a cross sectional survey in Myanmar.
Than KK, Morgan A, Pham MD, Beeson JG, Luchters S
BMJ Open. 2017 Jul; 7(6):e017180
- At the heart of the problem: Health in Johannesburg's inner-city.
Rees H, Delany-Moretlwe S, Scorgie F, Luchters S, Chersich MF
BMC Public Health. 2017 Jul; 17(Suippl 3):554
- Research priorities to achieve universal access to hepatitis C prevention, management and direct-acting antiviral treatment among people who inject drugs.
Grebely J, Bruneau J, Lazarus JV, Dalgard O, Bruggmann P, Treloar C, Hickman M, Hellard M, Roberts T, Crooks L, Midgard H, Larney S, Degenhardt L, Alho H, Byrne J, Dillon JF, Feld JJ, Foster G, Goldberg D, Lloyd AR, Reimer J, Robaeys G, Torrens M, Wright N, Maremmani I, Norton BL, Litwin AH, Dore GJ; International Network on Hepatitis in Substance Users.
Int J Drug Policy. 2017 Jul; 47:51-60
- Effect of combination antiretroviral therapy on HIV-1-specific antibody-dependent cellular cytotoxicity responses in subtype B- and subtype C-infected cohorts.
Madhavi V, Kulkarni A, Shete A, Lee WS, Mclean MR, Kristensen AB, Ghate M, Wines BD, Hogarth PM, Parsons MS, Kelleher A, Cooper DA, Amin J, Emery S, Thakar M, Kent SJ
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 2017 Jul; 75(3):345-353
June, 2017 (11)
- Persistence of activated and adaptive-like NK cells in HIV+ individuals despite 2 Years of suppressive combination antiretroviral therapy.
Hearps AC, Agius PA, Zhou J, Brunt S, Chachage M, Angelovich TA, Cameron PU, Giles M, Price P, Elliott J, Jaworowski A
Front Immunol. 2017 Jun; 8:731
- Acute HIV infection detection and immediate treatment estimated to reduce transmission by 89% among men who have sex with men in Bangkok.
Kroon EDMB, Phanuphak N, Shattock AJ, Fletcher JLK, Pinyakorn S, Chomchey N, Akapirat S, de Souza MS, Robb ML, Kim JH, van Griensven F, Ananworanich J, Wilson DP
J Int AIDS Soc. 2017 Jun; 20(1):1-9
- Re-examining blood donor deferral criteria relating to injecting drug use.
Quinn B, Seed C, Keller A, Maher L, Wilson D, Farrell M, Caris S, Williams J, Madden A, Thompson A, Pink J, Hellard ME
Int J Drug Policy. 2017 Jun; 48:9-17
- Targeting activated platelets: A unique and potentially universal approach for cancer imaging.
Yap ML, McFadyen JD, Wang X, Zia NA, Hohmann JD, Ziegler M, Yao Y, Pham A, Harris M, Donnelly PS, Hogarth PM, Pietersz GA, Lim B, Peter K
Theranostics. 2017 Jun; 7(10):2565-2574
- Injecting drug use in low and middle income countries: opportunities to improve care and prevent harm.
O'Keefe D, Stoové M, Doyle J, Dietze P, Hellard M.
J Viral Hepat. 2017 Jun; 24(9):714-724
- Changes in risk behaviours during and following treatment for hepatitis C virus infection among people who inject drugs: The ACTIVATE study.
Midgard H, Hajarizadeh B, Cunningham EB, Conway B, Backmund M, Bruggmann P, Bruneau J, Bourgeois S, Dunlop A, Foster GR, Hellard M, Robaeys G, Thurnheer MC, Weltman M, Amin J, Marks PS, Quiene S, Dore GJ, Dalgard O, Grebely J; ACTIVATE Study Group.
Int J Drug Policy. 2017 Jun; 47:230-238
- Dimeric Fcγ receptor enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay to study HIV-specific antibodies: a new look into breadth of Fcγ receptor antibodies induced by the RV144 Vaccine Trial.
McLean MR, Madhavi V, Wines BD, Hogarth PM, Chung AW, Kent SJ
J Immunol. 2017 Jun; 199(2):816-826
- Adherence to response-guided pegylated interferon and ribavirin for people who inject drugs with hepatitis C virus genotype 2/3 infection: the ACTIVATE study.
Cunningham EB, Hajarizadeh B, Dalgard O, Amin J, Hellard M, Foster GR, Bruggmann P, Conway B, Backmund M, Robaeys G, Swan T, Marks PS, Quiene S, Applegate TL, Weltman M, Shaw D, Dunlop A, Bruneau J, Midgard H, Bourgeois S, Thurnheer MC, Dore GJ, Grebely J; ACTIVATE Study Group
BMC Infect Dis. 2017 Jun; 17(1):420
- Using simulation modelling to examine the impact of venue lockout and last-drink policies on drinking-related harms and costs to licensees.
Scott N, Livingston M, Reporter I, Dietze P
Aust N Z J Public Health. 2017 Jun; 41(3):243-247
- Less frequent CD4 monitoring in virologically suppressed HIV.
McMahon J, Crowe SM
Lancet HIV. 2017 Jun; 4(6):e233-e234
- Post-treatment control in an adult with perinatally acquired HIV following cessation of antiretroviral therapy.
McMahon JH, Chang J, Tennakoon S, Dantanarayana A, Solomon A, Cherry C, Doherty R, Cameron P, Lewin SR
AIDS. 2017 Jun; 31(9):1344-1346
May, 2017 (4)
- Longitudinal changes in personal wellbeing in a cohort of people who inject drugs.
Scott N, Carrotte ER, Higgs P, Stoové MA, Aitken CK, Dietze PM
PLoS One. 2017 May; 12(5):e0178474
- Genetics of HIV-associated sensory neuropathy and related pain in Africans.
Ngassa Mbenda HG, Wadley A, Lombard Z, Cherry C, Price P, Kamerman P
J Neurovirol. 2017 May; 23(4):511-519
- A Phase 1 Human Immunodeficiency Virus vaccine trial for cross-profiling the kinetics of serum and mucosal antibody responses to CN54gp140 modulated by two homologous prime-boost vaccine regimens.
Kratochvil S, McKay PF, Kopycinski JT, Bishop C, Hayes PJ, Muir L, Pinder CL, Cizmeci D, King D, Aldon Y, Wines BD, Hogarth PM, Chung AW, Kent SJ, Held K, Geldmacher C, Dally L, Santos NS, Cole T, Gilmour J, Fidler S, Shattock RJ
Front Immunol. 2017 May; 8:595
- Prevention of postpartum haemorrhage by community-based auxiliary midwives in hard-to-reach areas of Myanmar: a qualitative inquiry into acceptability and feasibility of task shifting.
Than KK, Mohamed Y, Oliver V, Myint T, La T, Beeson JG, Luchters S
BMC Pregnancy Childbirth. 2017 May; 17(1):146
April, 2017 (7)
- Wilkinson et al. Respond to "Latent Transition Analyses in Clinical Cohorts".
Wilkinson AL, El-Hayek C, Fairley CK, Roth N, Tee BK, McBryde E, Hellard M, Stoové M
Am J Epidemiol. 2017 Apr; 185(8):639-640
- Vaginal lactic acid elicits an anti-inflammatory
response from human cervicovaginal epithelial
cells and inhibits production of pro-inflammatory
mediators associated with HIV acquisition.
Hearps AC, Tyssen D, Srbinovski D, Bayigga L, Diaz DJD, Aldunate M, Cone RA, Gugasyan R, Anderson DJ, Tachedjian G
Mucosal Immunol. 2017 Apr; 10(6):1480-1490
- Porphyromonas gingivalis antibody levels and diagnosis of coronary artery disease in HIV-positive individuals.
Berquist VL, Hearps AC, Ford P, Jaworowski A, Leishman SJ, Hoy JF, Trevillyan JM
J Periodontal Res. 2017 Apr; 52(5):930-935
- Utility of risk-based chlamydia testing in primary care: analysis of retrospective surveillance data among women in Melbourne, Australia.
Wilkinson AL, McNamee K, El-Hayek C, Chow EP, Bradshaw CS, Roth N, Tee BK, Stoové M, Hellard M
Sex Health. 2017 Apr; 14(3):268-273
- Geographic differences in temporal incidence trends of hepatitis C virus infection among people who inject drugs: The InC3 Collaboration.
Morris MD, Shiboski S, Bruneau J, Hahn JA, Hellard M, Prins M, Cox AL, Dore G, Grebely J, Kim AY, Lauer GM, Lloyd A, Rice T, Shoukry N, Maher L, Page K; International Collaboration of Incident HIV and HCV in Injecting Cohorts (InC3).
Clin Infect Dis. 2017 Apr; 64(7):860-869
- A survey of hepatitis C management by Victorian GPs after PBS-listing of direct-acting antiviral therapy.
Wade A, Draper B, Doyle J, Allard N, Grinzi P, Thompson A, Hellard M
Aust Fam Physician. 2017 Apr; 46(4):235-240
- Measurement of aortic cell fluid-phase pinocytosis in vivo by flow cytometry.
Anzinger JJ, Jin X, Palmer CS, Dagur P, Barthwal MK, Kruth HS
J Vasc Res. 2017 Apr; 54(4):195-199
March, 2017 (2)
- Antibody functional assays as measures of Fc receptor-mediated immunity to HIV - New technologies and their Impact on the HIV vaccine field.
Wines BD, Billings H, Mclean MR, Kent SJ, Hogarth PM
Curr HIV Res. 2017 Mar; 15(3):202-215
- Measuring transitions in sexual risk among Men Who Have Sex With Men: The novel use of latent class and latent transition analysis in HIV sentinel surveillance.
Wilkinson AL, El-Hayek C, Fairley CK, Roth N, Tee BK, McBryde E, Hellard M, Stoové M
Am J Epidemiol. 2017 Mar; 185(8):627-635
February, 2017 (3)
- A haplotype spanning P2X7R, P2X4R and CAMKK2 may mark susceptibility to pulmonary non-tuberculous mycobacterial disease.
Halstrom S, Cherry CL, Black M, Thomson R, Goullee H, Baltic S, Allcock R, Temple SE, Price P
Immunogenetics. 2017 Feb; 69(5):287-293
- Kazakhstan can achieve ambitious HIV targets despite expected donor withdrawal by combining improved ART procurement mechanisms with allocative and implementation efficiencies.
Shattock AJ, Benedikt C, Bokazhanova A, Đurić P, Petrenko I, Ganina L, Kelly SL, Stuart RM, Kerr CC, Vinichenko T, Zhang S, Hamelmann C, Manova M, Masaki E, Wilson DP, Gray RT
PLoS One. 2017 Feb; 12(2):e0169530
- High levels of transmitted HIV drug resistance in a study in Papua New Guinea.
Lavu E, Kave E, Mosoro E, Markby J, Aleksic E, Gare J, Elsum IA, Nano G, Kaima P, Dala N, Gurung A, Bertagnolio S, Crowe SM, Myatt M, Hearps AC, Jordan MR
PLoS One. 2017 Feb; 12(2):e0170265
- Executive (1)
- Healthy Mothers, Healthy Babies (HMHB) (4)
- Eliminate HIV (20)
- Strategic Funding & Partnerships Executive Team (0)
- Disease Elimination (147)
- Maternal, Child and Adolescent Health (76)
- Philanthropy and Supporter Engagement (0)
- Health Security and Pandemic Preparedness (36)
- Eliminate Malaria (35)
- Eliminate Tuberculosis (TB) (5)
- Finance (0)
- Healthy Ageing (60)
- Human Resources (0)
- Burnet Honorary Research Fellows (0)
- Research Support and Facilities (0)
- Harm Reduction (0)
- Information Technology (0)
- Burnet Vaccine Initiative (0)
- Laboratory Services (0)
- Eliminate Viral Hepatitis (21)
- Education & Training (0)
- Infectious Diseases Elimination (0)
- Support Services Group (2)
- Project Management and Quality Assurance Office (0)
- Marketing and Communications (0)
- International Operations (13)
- Commercialisation, Innovation and Industry Partnerships (0)
- HIV and AIDS (47)
- Sexually Transmitted Infections (STIs) (10)
- Maternal and Child Health (13)
- Malaria (51)
- Immune Disease and Cancer (10)
- Hepatitis B (4)
- Hepatitis C (25)
- Global infectious disease threats (2)
- Injecting Drug Use (21)
- Healthy Ageing (1)
- Alcohol and Other Drugs (20)
- Tuberculosis (TB) (11)
- Young People's Health (4)
- Justice Health (1)
- Nutrition (1)
- Sexual and Reproductive Health (2)
- Infectious Diseases Surveillance (1)
- LGBTQIA+ (2)
- Influenza (1)