COVID-19 represents an unprecedented health, social and economic challenge in Australia and around the world. Support Burnet’s COVID-19 emergency response today.
December, 2016 (2)
- Limited impact of neonatal or early infant schedules of 7-valent pneumococcal conjugate vaccination on nasopharyngeal carriage of Streptococcus pneumoniae in Papua New Guinean children: A randomized controlled trial.
Aho C, Michael A, Yoannes M, Greenhill A, Jacoby P, Reeder J, Pomat W, Saleu G, Namuigi P, Phuanukoonnon S, Smith-Vaughan H, Leach AJ, Richmond P, Lehmann D; Neonatal Pneumococcal Conjugate Vaccine Trial Study Team.
Vaccine Rep. 2016 Dec; 6:36-43
- Safeguarding maternal and child health in South Africa by starting the Child Support Grant before birth: Design lessons from pregnancy support programmes in 27 countries.
Chersich MF, Luchters S, Blaauw D, Scorgie F, Kern E, Van den Heever A, Rees H, Peach E, Kharadi S, Fonn S
S Afr Med J. 2016 Dec; 106(12):1192-1210
November, 2016 (2)
- Association between malaria immunity and pregnancy outcomes among Malawian pregnant women receiving nutrient supplementation.
Chandrasiri UP, Fowkes FJ, Beeson JG, Richards JS, Kamiza S, Maleta K, Ashorn P, Rogerson SJ
Malar J. 2016 Nov; 15(1):547
- Barriers, Facilitators and Priorities for Implementation of WHO Maternal and Perinatal Health Guidelines in Four Lower-Income Countries: A GREAT Network Research Activity.
Vogel JP, Moore JE, Timmings C, Khan S, Khan DN, Defar A, Hadush A, Minwyelet Terefe M, Teshome L, Ba-Thike K, Than KK, Makuwani A, Mbaruku G, Mrisho M, Mugerwa KY, Puchalski Ritchie LM, Rashid S, Straus SE, Gülmezoglu AM
PLoS One. 2016 Nov; 11(11):e0160020
September, 2016 (2)
- "A Baby Was an Added Burden": Predictors and Consequences of Unintended Pregnancies for Female Sex Workers in Mombasa, Kenya: A Mixed-Methods Study.
Luchters S, Bosire W, Feng A, Richter ML, King'ola N, Ampt F, Temmerman M, Chersich MF
PLoS One. 2016 Sep; 11(9):e0162871
- Mapping of research on maternal health interventions in low- and middle-income countries: a review of 2292 publications between 2000 and 2012.
Chersich M, Blaauw D, Dumbaugh M, Penn-Kekana L, Thwala S, Bijlmakers L, Vargas E, Kern E, Kavanagh J, Dhana A, Becerra-Posada F, Mlotshwa L, Becerril-Montekio V, Mannava P, Luchters S, Pham MD, Portela AG, Rees H
Global Health. 2016 Sep; 12(1):52
August, 2016 (2)
- Perspectives on the methods of a large systematic mapping of maternal health interventions.
Chersich M, Becerril-Montekio V, Becerra-Posada F, Dumbaugh M, Kavanagh J, Blaauw D, Thwala S, Kern E, Penn-Kekana L, Vargas E, Mlotshwa L, Dhana A, Mannava P, Portela A, Tristan M, Rees H, Bijlmakers L
Global Health. 2016 Aug; 12(1):51
- IFPA meeting 2015 workshop report IV: Placenta and obesity; stem cells of the feto-maternal interface; placental immunobiology and infection.
Abumaree MH, Almutairi A, Cash S, Boeuf P, Chamley LW, Gamage T, James JL, Kalionis B, Khong TY, Kolahi KS, Lim R, Liong S, Morgan TK, Motomura K, Peiris HN, Pelekanos RA, Pelzer E, Shafiee A, Lash GE, Natale D
Placenta. 2016 Aug; 48(Suppl. 1):S17-S20
July, 2016 (1)
- Male involvement in reproductive, maternal and child health: a qualitative study of policymaker and practitioner perspectives in the Pacific.
Davis J, Vyankandondera J, Luchters S, Simon D, Holmes W
Reprod Health. 2016 Jul; 13(1):81
June, 2016 (3)
- Local and foreign authorship of maternal health interventional research in low- and middle-income countries: systematic mapping of publications 2000-2012.
Chersich MF, Blaauw D, Dumbaugh M, Penn-Kekana L, Dhana A, Thwala S, Bijlmakers L, Vargas E, Kern E, Becerra-Posada F, Kavanagh J, Mannava P, Mlotshwa L, Becerril-Montekio V, Footman K, Rees H
Global Health. 2016 Jun; 12(1):35
- Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene Facilities and Hygiene Practices Associated with Diarrhea and Vomiting in Monastic Schools, Myanmar.
Weaver ER, Agius PA, Veale H, Dorning K, Hlang TT, Aung PP, Fowkes FJ, Hellard ME
Am J Trop Med Hyg. 2016 Jun; 95(2):278-287
- A novel point-of-care testing strategy for sexually transmitted infections among pregnant women in high-burden settings: results of a feasibility study in Papua New Guinea.
Badman SG, Vallely LM, Toliman P, Kariwiga G, Lote B, Pomat W, Holmer C, Guy R, Luchters S, Morgan C, Garland SM, Tabrizi S, Whiley D, Rogerson SJ, Mola G, Wand H, Donovan B, Causer L, Kaldor J, Vallely A
BMC Infect Dis. 2016 Jun; 16(1):250
February, 2016 (1)
- Feasibility and acceptability of clean birth kits containing misoprostol for self-administration to prevent postpartum hemorrhage in rural Papua New Guinea.
Vallely LM, Homiehombo P, Walep E, Moses M, Tom M, Kelly-Hanku A, Vallely A, Nataraye E, Ninnes C, Mola GD, Morgan C, Kaldor JM, Wand H, Whittaker A, Homer CS
Int J Gynaecol Obstet. 2016 Feb; 133(3):301-306
January, 2016 (1)
- Intimate partner violence and the experience of early motherhood: A cross-sectional analysis of factors associated with a poor experience of motherhood.
Hooker L, Samaraweera NY, Agius PA, Taft A
Midwifery. 2016 Jan; 34:88-94
- Executive (0)
- Healthy Mothers, Healthy Babies (HMHB) (3)
- Eliminate HIV (28)
- Strategic Funding & Partnerships Executive Team (0)
- Disease Elimination (8)
- Maternal, Child and Adolescent Health (3)
- Philanthropy and Supporter Engagement (0)
- Eliminate Viral Hepatitis (22)
- Behaviours and Health Risks (7)
- Eliminate Malaria (0)
- Finance (0)
- Health Security (4)
- Eliminate Tuberculosis (TB) (1)
- Human Resources (0)
- Healthy Ageing (3)
- Research Support and Facilities (0)
- Information Technology (0)
- Laboratory Services (0)
- Education & Training (0)
- Support Services Group (1)
- Project Management and Quality Assurance Office (0)
- Previous Research and Public Health Projects (0)
- Marketing and Communications (0)
- International Operations (0)
- HIV and AIDS (60)
- Sexually Transmitted Infections (STIs) (9)
- Maternal and Child Health (14)
- Malaria (47)
- Immune Disease and Cancer (18)
- Hepatitis B (5)
- Hepatitis C (25)
- Global infectious disease threats (4)
- Injecting Drug Use (26)
- Alcohol and Other Drugs (25)
- Tuberculosis (TB) (10)
- Young People's Health (7)
- Justice Health (3)
- Sexual and Reproductive Health (7)
- Zika Virus (1)
- Influenza (2)