Support mathematical modelling at Burnet and help save lives around the world.
December, 2015 (4)
- "I Do Feel Like a Scientist at Times": A Qualitative Study of the Acceptability of Molecular Point-Of-Care Testing for Chlamydia and Gonorrhoea to Primary Care Professionals in a Remote High STI Burden Setting.
Natoli L, Guy RJ, Shephard M, Causer L, Badman SG, Hengel B, Tangey A, Ward J, Coburn T, Anderson D, Kaldor J, Maher L; TTANGO Investigators (including Basil Donovan, David Wilson, David Regan, Handan Wand, David Whiley, Sepehr N. Tabrizi, Christopher Fairley)
PLoS One. 2015 Dec; 10(12):e0145993
- Sex and Sport: An Australian Rules Football-Based Chlamydia Screening Initiative (Book Chapter)
Kong FYS, Hellard M, Hocking J
in "Sport-Based Health Interventions" Ed David Conrad and Helen White (Springer). 2015 Dec; Chapter 11:151-159
- Modelling the Impact of Condom Distribution on the Incidence and Prevalence of Sexually Transmitted Infections in an Adult Male Prison System.
Scott N, McBryde E, Kirwan A, Stoové M
PLoS One. 2015 Dec; 10(12):e0144869
- A verbal invitation and specimen collection on the spot are crucial to maximise sexually transmissible infection testing uptake in non-traditional settings.
Hocking JS, Goller JL, Lim MS
Sex Health. 2015 Dec; 12(6):469-471
October, 2015 (1)
- Sexual and reproductive health risks amongst female adolescents who use amphetamine-type stimulants and sell sex: a qualitative inquiry in Yunnan, China.
Zhang XD, Kelly-Hanku A, Chai JJ, Luo J, Temmerman M, Luchters S
Harm Reduct J. 2015 Oct; 12(1):34
July, 2015 (1)
- It goes both ways: a cross-sectional study of buying and selling sex among young behaviourally bisexual men in Vientiane, Laos.
Bowring AL, van Gemert C, Vongsaiya K, Hughes C, Sihavong A, Phimphachanh C, Chanlivong N, Toole M, Hellard M.
Sex Health. 2015 Jul; 12(5):405-10
June, 2015 (1)
- Successes in sexual health communications development, programmatic implementation and evaluation in the Torres Strait region 2006 to 2012.
Fagan PS, Robertson HK, Pedrana AE, Raulli A, Crouch AA
Aust N Z J Public Health. 2015 Jun; 39(3):270-276
April, 2015 (1)
- Public health implications of molecular point-of-care testing for chlamydia and gonorrhoea in remote primary care services in Australia: a qualitative study.
Natoli L, Guy RJ, Shephard M, Whiley D, Tabrizi SN, Ward J, Regan DG, Badman SG, Anderson DA, Kaldor J, Maher L; TTANGO investigator group
BMJ Open. 2015 Apr; 5(4):e006922
March, 2015 (1)
- An evaluation of a novel dual treponemal/non-treponemal point-of-care test for syphilis as a tool to distinguish active from past treated infection.
Causer LM, Kaldor JM, Conway DP, Leslie DE, Denham I, Karapanagiotidis T, Ryan C, Wand H, Anderson DA, Robertson PW, McNulty AM, Donovan B, Fairley CK, Guy RJ
Clin Infect Dis. 2015 Mar; 61(2):184-191
February, 2015 (4)
- Chlamydia and gonorrhoea point-of-care testing in Australia: where should it be used?
Natoli L, Guy RJ, Shephard M, Donovan B, Fairley CK, Ward J, Regan DG, Hengel B, Maher L
Sex Health. 2015 Feb; 12(1):51-58
- Increased testing for Neisseria gonorrhoeae with duplex nucleic acid amplification tests in Australia: implications for surveillance.
Donovan B, Dimech W, Ali H, Guy R, Hellard M
Sex Health. 2015 Feb; 12(1):48-50
- The use of social networking platforms for sexual health promotion: identifying key strategies for successful user engagement.
Veale HJ, Sacks-Davis R, Weaver ERN, Pedrana AE, Stoové MA, Hellard ME
BMC Public Health. 2015 Feb; 15(1):85
- Sexual identity, same-sex partners and risk behaviour among a community-based sample of young people in Australia.
Bowring AL, Vella AM, Degenhardt L, Hellard M, Lim MS
Int J Drug Policy. 2015 Feb; 26(2):153-161
January, 2015 (7)
- Sexual and Reproductive Health Knowledge, Contraception Uptake, and Factors Associated with Unmet Need for Modern Contraception among Adolescent Female Sex Workers in China.
Lim MS, Zhang XD, Kennedy E, Li Y, Yang Y, Li L, Li YX, Temmerman M, Luchters S
PLoS One. 2015 Jan; 10(1):e0115435
- A new approach to estimating trends in chlamydia incidence.
Ali H, Cameron E, Drovandi CC, McCaw JM, Guy RJ, Middleton M, El-Hayek C, Hocking JS, Kaldor JM, Donovan B, Wilson DP; on behalf of the Australian chlamydia incidence estimation group.
Sex Transm Infect. 2015 Jan; 91(7):513-519
- Comparison of subcutaneous versus intranasal immunization of male koalas (Phascolarctos cinereus) for induction of mucosal and systemic immunity against Chlamydia pecorum.
Waugh CA, Timms P, Andrew D, Rawlinson G, Brumm J, Nilsson K, Beagley KW
Vaccine. 2015 Jan; 33(7):855-860
- Young people's comparative recognition and recall of an Australian Government Sexual Health Campaign.
Lim MS, Gold J, Bowring AL, Pedrana AE, Hellard ME
Int J STD AIDS. 2015 Jan; 26(6):398-401
- A field evaluation of a new molecular-based point-of-care test for chlamydia and gonorrhoea in remote Aboriginal health services in Australia.
Causer LM, Hengel B, Natoli L, Tangey A, Badman SG, Tabrizi SN, Whiley D, Ward J, Kaldor JM, Guy RJ
Sex Health. 2015 Jan; 12(1):27-33
- Sexually transmitted infections among transgender people and men who have sex with men in Port Vila, Vanuatu.
Veronese V, van Gemert C, Bulu S, Kwarteng T, Bergari I, Badman S, Vella A, Stoové M
Western Pac Surveill Response J. 2015 Jan; 6(1):55-59
- Prevalence and risk factors for Chlamydia trachomatis, Neisseria gonorrhoeae and Trichomonas vaginalis infection in pregnant women in Papua New Guinea.
Wangnapi RA, Soso S, Unger HW, Sawera C, Ome M, Umbers AJ, Ndrewei N, Siba P, Li Wai Suen CS, Vallely A, Wapling J, Ryan C, Mueller I, Rogerson SJ
Sex Transm Infect. 2015 Jan; 91(3):194-200
- Executive (0)
- Healthy Mothers, Healthy Babies (HMHB) (5)
- Eliminate HIV (24)
- Strategic Funding & Partnerships Executive Team (0)
- Disease Elimination (1)
- Maternal, Child and Adolescent Health (0)
- Philanthropy and Supporter Engagement (0)
- Eliminate Viral Hepatitis (16)
- Behaviours and Health Risks (0)
- Eliminate Malaria (3)
- Finance (0)
- Health Security (0)
- Eliminate Tuberculosis (TB) (0)
- Human Resources (0)
- Healthy Ageing (1)
- Research Support and Facilities (0)
- Burnet Honorary Research Fellows (0)
- Information Technology (0)
- Laboratory Services (0)
- Education & Training (0)
- Support Services Group (0)
- Project Management and Quality Assurance Office (0)
- Previous Research and Public Health Projects (0)
- Marketing and Communications (0)
- International Operations (0)
- HIV and AIDS (40)
- Sexually Transmitted Infections (STIs) (20)
- Maternal and Child Health (9)
- Malaria (36)
- Immune Disease and Cancer (18)
- Hepatitis B (2)
- Hepatitis C (18)
- Global infectious disease threats (6)
- Injecting Drug Use (23)
- Healthy Ageing (1)
- Alcohol and Other Drugs (7)
- Tuberculosis (TB) (5)
- Young People's Health (8)
- Justice Health (2)
- Sexual and Reproductive Health (2)