COVID-19 represents an unprecedented health, social and economic challenge in Australia and around the world. Support Burnet’s COVID-19 emergency response today.
December, 2015 (1)
- 2015 - a seminal year for HIV biomedical prevention.
Zablotska IB, Spelman T, Grulich A
J Int AIDS Soc. 2015 Dec; 18(1):20814
November, 2015 (2)
- The funding landscape for HIV in Asia and the Pacific.
Stuart RM, Lief E, Donald B, Wilson D, Wilson DP
J Int AIDS Soc. 2015 Nov; 18(1):20004
- The prevalence and correlates of undiagnosed HIV among Australian gay and bisexual men: results of a national, community-based, bio-behavioural survey.
Holt M, Lea T, Asselin J, Hellard M, Prestage G, Wilson D, de Wit J, Stoové M
J Int AIDS Soc. 2015 Nov; 18(1):20526
October, 2015 (1)
- Modeling the Effects of Vorinostat In Vivo Reveals both Transient and Delayed HIV Transcriptional Activation and Minimal Killing of Latently Infected Cells.
Ke R, Lewin SR, Elliott JH, Perelson AS
PLoS Pathog. 2015 Oct; 11(10):e1005237
September, 2015 (3)
- Monoclonal antibodies directed towards the Hepatitis C virus glycoprotein E2 detect antigenic differences modulated by HVR1, HVR2 and the igVR.
Alhammad Y, Gu J, Boo I, Harrison D, McCaffrey K, Vietheer PT, Edwards S, Quinn C, Coulibaly F, Poumbourios P, Drummer HE
J Virol. 2015 Sep; 89(24):12245-12261
- The role of antigen presenting cells in the induction of HIV-1 latency in resting CD4(+) T-cells.
Kumar NA, Cheong K, Powell DR, da Fonseca Pereira C, Anderson J, Evans VA, Lewin SR, Cameron PU
Retrovirology. 2015 Sep; 12(1):76
- Pharmacological treatment of painful HIV-associated sensory neuropathy.
Pillay P, Wadley AL, Cherry CL, Karstaedt AS, Kamerman PR
S Afr Med J. 2015 Sep; 105(9):769-772
August, 2015 (1)
- Population pharmacokinetics of tenofovir in HIV/HBV co-infected patients.
Punyawudho B, Thammajaruk N, Thongpeang P, Matthews G, Lewin SR, Burger D, Ruxrungtham K, Avihingsanon A
Int J Clin Pharmacol Ther. 2015 Aug; 53(11):947-954
July, 2015 (2)
- Properties of HIV-1 associated cholesterol in addition to raft formation are important for virus infection.
Hawkes D, Jones KL, Smyth RP, Pereira CF, Bittman R, Jaworowski A, Mak J
Virus Res. 2015 Jul; 210:18-21
- Role of macrophages in the immunopathogenesis of HIV-1 infection. (Book Chapter)
Flynn JK, Gorry PR
Chapter 27 in "Global Virology I - Identifying and Investigating Viral Diseases " Eds Paul Shapshak, John T. Sinnott, Charurut Somboonwit and Jens H. Kuhn (Springer New York). 2015 Jul
June, 2015 (5)
- Quantitative Assessment of Intra-Patient Variation in CD4+ T Cell Counts in Stable, Virologically-Suppressed, HIV-Infected Subjects.
Gordon CL, Cheng AC, Cameron PU, Bailey M, Crowe SM, Mills J
PLoS One. 2015 Jun; 10(6):e0125248
- Monocytes from HIV+ individuals show impaired cholesterol efflux and increased foam cell formation after transendothelial migration.
Maisa A, Hearps AC, Angelovich TA, Pereira CF, Zhou J, Shi MDY, Palmer CS, Muller WA, Crowe SM, Jaworowski A
AIDS. 2015 Jun; 29(12):1445-1457
- The dire sexual health crisis among MSM in the Philippines: an exploding HIV epidemic in the absence of essential health services.
Ross AG, Ditangco RA, Belimac JG, Olveda RM, Mercado ES, Chau TN, Crowe SM
Int J Infect Dis. 2015 Jun; 37:e6-e8
- Inhibition of catechol-O-methyl transferase (COMT) by tolcapone restores reductions in microtubule-associated protein 2 (MAP2) and synaptophysin (SYP) following exposure of neuronal cells to neurotropic HIV.
Lee TT, Chana G, Gorry PR, Ellett A, Bousman CA, Churchill MJ, Gray LR, Everall IP
J Neurovirol. 2015 Jun; 21(5):535-543
- PrEP is a key HIV prevention strategy, but how do we chart its success?
HIV Australia. 2015 Jun; 13(2):16-19
May, 2015 (3)
- Clinic Network Collaboration and Patient Tracing to Maximize Retention in HIV Care.
McMahon JH, Moore R, Eu B, Tee BK, Chen M, El-Hayek C, Street A, Woolley I8 Buggie A, Collins D, Medland N9, Hoy J and Victorian Initiative for Patient Engagement and Retention (VIPER) study group.
PLoS One. 2015 May; 10(5):e0127726
- Identification of mechanistically distinct inhibitors of HIV-1 reverse transcriptase through fragment screening.
La J, Latham CF, Tinetti RN, Johnson A, Tyssen D, Huber KD, Sluis-Cremer N, Simpson JS, Headey SJ, Chalmers DK, Tachedjian G
PNAS. 2015 May; 112(22):6979-6984
- Relative Risk for HIV Infection Among Men Who Have Sex with Men Engaging in Different Roles in Anal Sex: A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis on Global Data.
Meng X, Zou H, Fan S, Zheng B, Zhang L, Dai X, Deng M, Zhang X, Lu B
AIDS Behav. 2015 May; 19(5):882-889
April, 2015 (2)
- An NK Cell Population Lacking FcRgamma Is Expanded in Chronically Infected HIV Patients.
Zhou J, Amran FS, Kramski M, Angelovich TA, Elliott J, Hearps AC, Price P, Jaworowski A
J Immunol. 2015 Apr; 194(10):4688-4697
- Factors associated with neurocognitive test performance at baseline: a substudy of the INSIGHT Strategic Timing of AntiRetroviral Treatment (START) trial.
Wright E, Grund B, Cysique, Robertson K, Brew B, Collins G, Shlay J, Winston A, Read T, Price R; International Network for Strategic Initiatives in Global HIV Trials (INSIGHT) START Study Group.
HIV Med. 2015 Apr; 16 Suppl S1:97-108
March, 2015 (7)
- "Seek, Test, Treat" Lessons from Australia: A Study of HIV testing patterns from a cohort of men who have sex with men.
Wilkinson AL, El-Hayek C, Spelman T, Fairley C, Leslie D, McBryde E, Hellard M, Stoové M
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 2015 Mar; 69(4):460-465
- 'Not Until I'm Absolutely Half-Dead and Have To:' Accounting for Non-Use of Antiretroviral Therapy in Semi-Structured Interviews with People Living with HIV in Australia.
Newman CE, Mao L, Persson A, Holt M, Slavin S, Kidd MR, Post JJ, Wright E, de Wit J
AIDS Patient Care STDS. 2015 Mar; 29(5):267-278
- CD4 enumeration technologies: a systematic review of test performance for determining eligibility for antiretroviral therapy.
Peeling RW, Sollis KA, Glover S, Crowe SM, Landay AL, Cheng B, Barnett D, Denny TN, Spira TJ, Stevens WS, Crowley S, Essajee S, Vitoria M, Ford N
PLoS One. 2015 Mar; 10(3):e0115019
- Routine feedback of test results to participants in clinic- and survey-based surveillance of HIV.
Baggaley R, Johnson C, Calleja JMG , Sabin K, Obermeyer C, Taegtmeyer M, Zaba B, El-Hayek C, Singh JA
Bull World Health Org. 2015 Mar; 93(5):352-355
- Silent mutations at codons 65 and 66 in reverse transcriptase alleviate indel formation and restore fitness in subtype B HIV-1 containing D67N and K70R drug resistance mutations.
Telwatte S, Hearps AC, Johnson A, Latham CF, Moore K, Agius P, Tachedjian M, Sonza S, Sluis-Cremer N, Harrigan PR, Tachedjian G
Nucleic Acids Res. 2015 Mar; Epub ahead of print
- HIV eradication symposium: will the brain be left behind?
Brew BJ, Robertson K, Wright EJ, Churchill M, Crowe SM, Cysique LA, Deeks S, Garcia JV, Gelman B, Gray LR, Johnson T, Joseph J, Margolis DM, Mankowski JL, Spencer B
J Neurovirol. 2015 Mar; 21(3):322-334
- Role of TNF block genetic variants in HIV-associated sensory neuropathy in black Southern Africans.
Wadley AL, Hendry LM, Kamerman PR, Chew CS, Price P, Cherry CL, Lombard Z
Eur J Hum Genet. 2015 Mar; 23(3):363-368
February, 2015 (6)
- Reliable Genotypic Tropism Tests for the Major HIV-1 Subtypes.
Cashin K, Gray LR, Harvey KL, Perez-Bercoff D, Lee GQ, Sterjovski J, Roche M, Demarest JF, Drummond F, Harrigan PR, Churchill MJ, Gorry PR
Sci Rep. 2015 Feb; 5:8543
- Effect of ipilimumab on the HIV reservoir in an HIV-infected individual with metastatic melanoma.
Wightman F, Solomon A, Kumar SS, Urriola N, Gallagher K, Hiener B, Palmer S, Mcneil C, Garsia R, Lewin SR
AIDS. 2015 Feb; 29(4):504-506
- Viremic and virologically suppressed HIV infection increases age-related changes to monocyte activation equivalent to 12 and 4 years of ageing respectively.
Angelovich TA, Hearps AC, Maisa A, Martin GE, Lichtfuss GF, Cheng WJ, Palmer CS, Landay AL, Crowe SM, Jaworowski A
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 2015 Feb; 69(1):11-17
- The relationship between body composition and knee structure in patients with human immunodeficiency virus.
Fillipas S, Tanamas S, Davies-Tuck M, Wluka A, Wang Y, Holland A, Cherry C, Cicuttini F
Int J STD AIDS. 2015 Feb; 26(2):133-138
- Understanding Concerns About Treatment-as-Prevention Among People with HIV who are not Using Antiretroviral Therapy.
Newman CE, de Wit J, Persson A, Holt M, Slavin S, Kidd MR, Post JJ, Wright E, Mao L
AIDS Behav. 2015 Feb; 19(5):821-831
- HIV-1 transcriptional regulation in the central nervous system and implications for HIV cure research.
Churchill MJ, Cowley DJ, Wesselingh SL, Gorry PR, Gray LR
J Neurovirol. 2015 Feb; 21(3):290-300
January, 2015 (7)
- The CD14 C-260T single nucleotide polymorphism (SNP) modulates monocyte/macrophage activation in treated HIV-infected individuals.
Rajasuriar R, Kong Y, Nadarajah R, Abdullah N, Spelman T, Yuhana M, Ponampalavanar S, Kamarulzaman A, Lewin SR
J Transl Med. 2015 Jan; 13(1):30
- Experiences and expectations of participants completing an HIV cure focused clinical trial.
McMahon JH, Elliott JH, Roney J, Hagenauer M, Lewin SR
AIDS. 2015 Jan; 29(2):248-250
- Plasma interleukin-18 levels are a biomarker of innate immune responses that predict and characterize tuberculosis-associated immune reconstitution inflammatory syndrome.
Tan HY, Yong YK, Andrade BB, Shankar EM, Ponnampalavanar S, Omar SF, Narendran G, Kamarulzaman A, Swaminathan S, Sereti I, Crowe SM, French MA
AIDS. 2015 Jan; 29(4):421-431
- Influence of the Timing of Antiretroviral Therapy on the Potential for Normalization of Immune Status in Human Immunodeficiency Virus 1-Infected Individuals.
Okulicz JF, Le TD, Agan BK, Camargo JF, Landrum ML, Wright E, Dolan MJ, Ganesan A, Ferguson TM, Smith DM, Richman DD, Little SJ, Clark RA, He W, Ahuja SK.
JAMA Intern Med. 2015 Jan; 175(1):88-99
- Impact of antiretroviral therapy (ART) timing on chronic immune activation/inflammation and end-organ damage.
Rajasuriar R, Wright E, Lewin SR
Curr Opin HIV AIDS. 2015 Jan; 10(1):35-42
- A reality check for aspirational targets to end HIV.
Wilson DP, Stoové MA, Hellard M
Lancet HIV. 2015 Jan; 2(1):e11
- Paying the price in an era of HIV treatment as prevention: a retrospective study of the cost burden of HIV treatment for people living with HIV in Victoria, Australia.
Wilkinson AL, McMahon J, Cheah Y, Bradshaw CS, El-Hayek C, Stoové M
Sex Health. 2015 Jan; 12(1):34-38
- Executive (0)
- Healthy Mothers, Healthy Babies (HMHB) (5)
- Eliminate HIV (24)
- Strategic Funding & Partnerships Executive Team (0)
- Disease Elimination (1)
- Maternal, Child and Adolescent Health (0)
- Philanthropy and Supporter Engagement (0)
- Eliminate Viral Hepatitis (16)
- Behaviours and Health Risks (0)
- Eliminate Malaria (3)
- Finance (0)
- Health Security (0)
- Eliminate Tuberculosis (TB) (0)
- Human Resources (0)
- Healthy Ageing (1)
- Research Support and Facilities (0)
- Information Technology (0)
- Laboratory Services (0)
- Education & Training (0)
- Support Services Group (0)
- Project Management and Quality Assurance Office (0)
- Previous Research and Public Health Projects (0)
- Marketing and Communications (0)
- International Operations (0)
- HIV and AIDS (40)
- Sexually Transmitted Infections (STIs) (20)
- Maternal and Child Health (9)
- Malaria (36)
- Immune Disease and Cancer (18)
- Hepatitis B (2)
- Hepatitis C (18)
- Global infectious disease threats (6)
- Injecting Drug Use (23)
- Healthy Ageing (1)
- Alcohol and Other Drugs (7)
- Tuberculosis (TB) (5)
- Young People's Health (8)
- Justice Health (2)
- Sexual and Reproductive Health (2)