Support Burnet’s work to help women and girls impacted by COVID-19.
December, 2004 (5)
- Longitudinal analysis of nef/long terminal repeat-deleted HIV-1 in blood and cerebrospinal fluid of a long-term survivor who developed HIV-associated dementia.
Churchill M, Sterjovski J, Gray L, Cowley D, Chatfield C, Learmont J, Sullivan JS, Crowe SM, Mills J, Brew BJ, Wesselingh SL, McPhee DA, Gorry PR
J Infect Dis. 2004 Dec; 190(12):2181-2186
- Management of breech presentation in areas with high prevalence of HIV infection.
Holmes WR, Hofmeyr GJ
Int J Gynaecol Obstet. 2004 Dec; 87(3):272-276
- Astrocyte specific viral strains in HIV dementia.
Thompson KA, Churchill MJ, Gorry PR, Sterjovski J, Oelrichs RB, Wesselingh SL, McLean CA
Ann Neurol. 2004 Dec; 56(6):873-877
- The molecular epidemiology of HIV type 1 among Vietnamese Australian injecting drug users in Melbourne, Australia.
Ryan CE, Elliott JH, Middleton T, Mijch AM, Street AC, Hellard M, Crofts N, Crowe SM, Oelrichs RB
AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses. 2004 Dec; 20(12):1364-1367
- Mutational analysis of the HIV-1 LTR as a promoter of negative sense transcription.
Bentley K, Deacon N, Sonza S, Zeichner S, Churchill M
Arch Virol. 2004 Dec; 149(12):2277-2294
November, 2004 (1)
- Locking the door to HIV entry: how far can we go?
Crowe SM, Asjo B
AIDS. 2004 Nov; 18(16):2197-2198
October, 2004 (1)
- The raft-promoting property of virion-associated cholesterol, but not the presence of virion-associated Brij 98 rafts, is a determinant of human immunodeficiency virus type 1 infectivity.
Campbell S, Gaus K, Bittman R, Jessup W, Crowe S, Mak J
J Virol. 2004 Oct; 78(19):10556-10565
September, 2004 (2)
- Apoptosis induced in synchronized human immunodeficiency virus type 1-infected primary peripheral blood mononuclear cells is detected after the peak of CD4+ T-lymphocyte loss and is dependent on the tropism of the gp120 envelope glycoprotein.
Lawson VA, Silburn KA, Gorry PR, Paukovic G, Purcell DF, Greenway AL, McPhee DA
Virology. 2004 Sep; 327(1):70-82
- Culture of HIV in monocytes and macrophages.
Crowe S, Maslin C, Ellery P, Kedzierska K
Curr Protoc Immunol. 2004 Sep; Chapter 12:Unit 12.4
August, 2004 (2)
- Changes in mitochondrial DNA in peripheral blood mononuclear cells from HIV-infected patients with lipoatrophy randomized to receive abacavir.
Hoy JF, Gahan ME, Carr A, Smith D, Lewin SR, Wesselingh S, Cooper DA
J Infect Dis. 2004 Aug; 190(4):688-692
- An inexpensive, simple, and manual method of CD4 T-cell quantitation in HIV-infected individuals for use in developing countries.
Balakrishnan P, Dunne M, Kumarasamy N, Crowe S, Subbulakshmi G, Ganesh AK, Cecelia AJ, Roth P, Mayer KH, Thyagarajan SP, Solomon S
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 2004 Aug; 36(5):1006-1010
July, 2004 (1)
- Breaking new ground--are changes in immunization services needed for the introduction of future HIV/AIDS vaccines and other new vaccines targeted at adolescents?
Clements CJ, Abdool-Karim Q, Chang ML, Nkowane B, Esparza J
Vaccine. 2004 Jul; 22(21-22):2822-2826
June, 2004 (2)
- Rising HIV infection in Victoria: an analysis of surveillance data.
Hocking J, Keenan C, Catton M, Breschkin A, Guy R, Hellard M
Aust N Z J Public Health. 2004 Jun; 28(3):217-219
- HIV and pregnancy in Australia.
Giles ML, Mijch AM, Garland SM, Grover SR, Hellard ME
Aust N Z J Obstet Gynaecol. 2004 Jun; 44(3):197-204
April, 2004 (1)
- An audit of obstetricians' management of women potentially infected with blood-borne viruses.
Giles ML, Sasadeusz JJ, Garland SM, Grover SR, Hellard ME
Med J Aust. 2004 Apr; 180(7):328-332
March, 2004 (2)
- A phase I study of the pharmacokinetics and safety of passive immunotherapy with caprine anti-HIV antibodies, (PE)HRG214, in HIV-1-infected individuals.
Pett SL, Williams LA, Day RO, Lloyd AR, Carr AD, Clezy KR, Emery S, Kaplan E, McPhee DA, McLachlan AJ, Gelder FB, Lewin SR, Liauw W, Williams KM
HIV Clin Trials. 2004 Mar; 5(2):91-98
- Interferon-gamma therapy activates human monocytes for enhanced phagocytosis of Mycobacterium avium complex in HIV-infected individuals.
Kedzierska K, Paukovics G, Handley A, Hewish M, Hocking J, Cameron PU, Crowe SM
HIV Clin Trials. 2004 Mar; 5(2):80-85
February, 2004 (1)
- Rising HIV infections in Victoria, the need for a new approach to preventative interventions.
Guy R, Hellard M
Sex Health. 2004 Feb; 1(2):69-71
January, 2004 (3)
- The subtypes of human immunodeficiency virus in Australia and Asia.
Sex Health. 2004 Jan; 1(1):1-11
- Virological significance, prevalence and genetic basis of hypersusceptibility to nonnucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors.
Tachedjian G, Mijch A
Sex Health. 2004 Jan; 1(2):81-89
- The role of viral coreceptors and enhanced macrophage tropism in human immunodeficiency virus type 1 disease progression.
Gorry PR, Sterjovski J, Churchill M, Witlox K, Gray L, Cunningham A, Wesselingh S
Sex Health. 2004 Jan; 1(1):23-34
- Executive (0)
- Healthy Mothers, Healthy Babies (HMHB) (0)
- Eliminate HIV (0)
- Strategic Funding & Partnerships Executive Team (0)
- Disease Elimination (0)
- Maternal, Child and Adolescent Health (0)
- Philanthropy and Supporter Engagement (0)
- Eliminate Viral Hepatitis (0)
- Behaviours and Health Risks (0)
- Eliminate Malaria (0)
- Finance (0)
- Health Security (0)
- Eliminate Tuberculosis (TB) (0)
- Human Resources (0)
- Healthy Ageing (0)
- Research Support and Facilities (0)
- Burnet Honorary Research Fellows (0)
- Information Technology (0)
- Laboratory Services (0)
- Education & Training (0)
- Support Services Group (0)
- Project Management and Quality Assurance Office (0)
- Previous Research and Public Health Projects (0)
- Marketing and Communications (0)
- International Operations (0)