This year, more than 5,000 babies will die in PNG in the first 24 hours of life. Another 10,000 children won’t make their fifth birthday.
December, 1999 (1)
- Risk factors for hepatitis C transmission in the Victorian population: a telephone survey.
Watson R, Crofts N, Mitchell C, Aitken C, Hocking J, Thompson S
Aust N Z J Public Health. 1999 Dec; 23(6):622-626
November, 1999 (1)
- The impact of diagnosis of hepatitis C virus on quality of life.
Rodger AJ, Jolley D, Thompson SC, Lanigan A, Crofts N
Hepatology. 1999 Nov; 30(5):1299-1301
October, 1999 (1)
- Seroprevalence of antibodies to hepatitis E virus in the normal blood donor population and two aboriginal communities in Malaysia.
Seow HF, Mahomed NM, Mak JW, Riddell MA, Li F, Anderson DA
J Med Virol. 1999 Oct; 59(2):164-168
August, 1999 (2)
- Serological evidence for swine hepatitis E virus infection in Australian pig herds.
Chandler JD, Riddell MA, Li F, Love RJ, Anderson DA
Vet Microbiol. 1999 Aug; 68(1-2):95-105
- ELISA for IgG-class antibody to hepatitis E virus based on a highly conserved, conformational epitope expressed in Escherichia coli.
Anderson DA, Li F, Riddell M, Howard T, Seow HF, Torresi J, Perry G, Sumarsidi D, Shrestha SM, Shrestha IL
J Virol Methods. 1999 Aug; 81(1-2):131-142
May, 1999 (1)
- Only the non-glycosylated fraction of hepatitis E virus capsid (open reading frame 2) protein is stable in mammalian cells.
Torresi J, Li F, Locarnini SA, Anderson DA
J Gen Virol. 1999 May; 80 ( Pt 5):1185-1188
March, 1999 (2)
- The force of numbers: why hepatitis C is spreading among Australian injecting drug users while HIV is not.
Crofts N, Aitken CK, Kaldor JM
Med J Aust. 1999 Mar; 170(5):220-221
- Assessment of long-term outcomes of hepatitis C virus infection in a cohort of patients with acute hepatitis in 1971-1975: results of a pilot study.
Rodger AJ, Thomson JA, Thompson SC, Jolley D, Mijch AM, Lanigan A, Crofts N
J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 1999 Mar; 14(3):269-273