This year, more than 5,000 babies will die in PNG in the first 24 hours of life. Another 10,000 children won’t make their fifth birthday.
November, 1999 (1)
- Identification of a new recipient in the Sydney Blood Bank Cohort: a long-term HIV type 1-infected seroindeterminate individual.
Rhodes D, Solomon A, Bolton W, Wood J, Sullivan J, Learmont J, Deacon N
AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses. 1999 Nov; 15(16):1433-1439
October, 1999 (1)
- Monocyte-derived dendritic cells as a model for the study of HIV-1 infection: productive infection and phenotypic changes during culture in human serum.
Mallon DF, Buck A, Reece JC, Crowe SM, Cameron PU
Immunol Cell Biol. 1999 Oct; 77(5):442-450
August, 1999 (1)
- HIV vaccines--promise and directions.
Med J Aust. 1999 Aug; 171(3):124-125
July, 1999 (2)
- New reverse transcriptase inhibitors.
Adv Exp Med Biol. 1999 Jul; 458:183-197
- Simian immunodeficiency virus and human immunodeficiency virus type 1 nef proteins show distinct patterns and mechanisms of Src kinase activation.
Greenway AL, Dutartre H, Allen K, McPhee DA, Olive D, Collette Y
J Virol. 1999 Jul; 73(7):6152-6158
June, 1999 (2)
- Immunologic and virologic status after 14 to 18 years of infection with an attenuated strain of HIV-1. A report from the Sydney Blood Bank Cohort.
Learmont JC, Geczy AF, Mills J, Ashton LJ, Raynes-Greenow CH, Garsia RJ, Dyer WB, McIntyre L, Oelrichs RB, Rhodes DI, Deacon NJ, Sullivan JS (Professor Suzanne Crowe AM was a member of the study group)
N Engl J Med. 1999 Jun; 340(22):1715-1722
- Can HIV infection be prevented with a vaccine?
Joy AK, Dale CJ, Kent SJ.
Drugs R D. 1999 Jun; 1(6):431-440
April, 1999 (1)
- Full-length genomic sequence of an HIV type 1 subtype G from Kinshasa.
Oelrichs RB, Vandamme AM, Van Laethem K, Debyser Z, McCutchan FE, Deacon NJ
AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses. 1999 Apr; 15(6):585-589
March, 1999 (1)
- The force of numbers: why hepatitis C is spreading among Australian injecting drug users while HIV is not.
Crofts N, Aitken CK, Kaldor JM
Med J Aust. 1999 Mar; 170(5):220-221
February, 1999 (2)
- An HIV-1-infected individual homozygous for the CCR-5 delta32 allele and the SDF-1 3'A allele.
Kuipers H, Workman C, Dyer W, Geczy A, Sullivan J, Oelrichs R.
AIDS. 1999 Feb; 13(3):433-434
- Does HIV cause depletion of CD4+ T cells in vivo by the induction of apoptosis?
Jaworowski A, Crowe SM
Immunol Cell Biol. 1999 Feb; 77(1):90-98
January, 1999 (2)
- HIV viral load monitoring.
Richman D, Crowe S, Harvey K
Adv Exp Med Biol. 1999 Jan; 458:199-212
- Diminished production of human immunodeficiency virus type 1 in astrocytes results from inefficient translation of gag, env, and nef mRNAs despite efficient expression of Tat and Rev.
Gorry PR, Howard JL, Churchill MJ, Anderson JL, Cunningham A, Adrian D, McPhee DA, Purcell DF
J Virol. 1999 Jan; 73(1):352-361