Wai Chung is a current MD candidate at Monash University School of Medicine and a researcher with an interest in critical care, infectious diseases, and public health.
Starting his research career in 2019, he is developing a growing track record of peer review publications on infectious diseases, public health prevention, addiction medicine, and critical care through qualitative and quantitative analysis methodology. He plans to pursue a PhD in infectious disease epidemiology.
- 2021 – Present, Associate Editor of the Australian Medical Student Journal
- 2021 – Present, Committee Member of the Diversity and Inclusion Committee Eastern Health
- 2019 – Present, Member of the Australasian Society for HIV, Viral Hepatitis and Sexual Health Medicine
- 2019 – Present, Member of the American College of Physicians
- 2019 – Present, Member of the Australasian Professional Society on Alcohol and other Drugs
- 2019 – Present, Member of the Australian Medical Association
- 2020 – Present, Research Assistant, Burnet Institute Disease Elimination Program
- 2019 – Present, Student Research Fellow, Monash Addiction Research Centre
- 2019 – Present, Honorary Fellow, Murdoch Children’s Research Institute
- 2020, Visiting Student Research Fellow, University of Auckland Section of Epidemiology and Biostatistics
- 2019, Research Scholar, Biomedicine Discovery Institute: Infection and Immunity
- 2019 – Present, MD Candidate – Monash University School of Medicine
- Haiti: An Ethnographic Study of the Effects of International Aid on Haitian Life
Reinvention: an International Journal of Undergraduate Research
Reinvention: an International Journal of Undergraduate Research. 2021 May; 14(1)
- Risk of major bleeding by ethnicity and socioeconomic deprivation among 488,107 people in primary care: a cohort study.
Wai Chung Tse, Corina Grey, Matire Harwood, Rod Jackson, Andrew Kerr, Suneela Mehta, Katrina Poppe, Romana Pylypchuk, Sue Wells, Vanessa Selak
BMC Cardiovasc Disord. 2021 Apr; 21(1):206
- Changes in emergency department blood product use for major paediatric trauma following the implementation of a major haemorrhage protocol.
Elliot Long, Amanda Williams, Franz E Babl, Anne Kinmonth, Wai Chung Tse, Cameron S Palmer, Gemma Crighton, Helen Savoia, Warwick J Teague, Kristin Bronnum Nystrup
Emerg Med Australas. 2021 Apr; Epub ahead of print
- Febrile children in the Emergency Department: Frequency and predictors of poor outcome.
Elliot Long, Tom Solan, David J Stephens, Luregn J Schlapbach, Amanda Williams, Wai Chung Tse, Franz E Babl
Acta Paediatr. 2021 Mar; 110(3):1046-1055