Andrea is an experienced global One Health advisor with a strong background in epidemiology, antimicrobial resistance, strengthening surveillance systems, regulatory affairs for medicines and biologicals, public health and emergency disease preparedness and response. She works at the human-animal-environment interface with emerging and re-emerging diseases. With Veterinary Science and Master of Public Health degrees and extensive international experience in antimicrobial resistance, use/consumption and stewardship, she is keen to build national and regional AMR/AMU and zoonotic disease capacity.
- Convenor One Health special interest group Public Health Association of Australia
- Member of Public Health Association of Australia
- Member of Australian Veterinary Association Veterinary Public Health special interest group
- Mentor for Melbourne School of Population and Global Health, University of Melbourne - MPH Mentoring Program 2019 and 2020, and Mentor for ANZCVSc Epidemiology Chapter
- President of Epidemiology Chapter of the ANZCVSc 2003-2004 & membership examiner 2005
- President of the Central Branch of VIC AVA 2005-2007 and committee member.
- Reviewer for the Australian Veterinary Journal and CAB Reviews: Perspectives in Agriculture, Veterinary Science, Nutrition and Natural Resources.
- Director on Board of Vets Beyond Borders (2011-2017)
- Member Board of Examiners Australasian Veterinary Board Council Ltd (2004-2012)
- 2020-2022 AMR and One Health Specialist–Fleming Fund Country Grant PNG and other AMR project – Burnet Institute, Melbourne Australia and PNG
- 2018 Program Officer (Zoonosis, AMR, food security and PPR) World Organisation for Animal Health (OIE) Sub-Regional Representation for Southern Africa – based Botswana
- 2002 -2018 Director consultant Ultimate Efficacy Consulting Pty Ltd
- 2015-2019 One health snake antivenoms risk-benefit assessment consultancy – World Health Organization (WHO)
- 2007-2017 External reviewer safety and efficacy animal health products (including biologicals) and expert reports – Australian Pesticides and Veterinary Medicines Authority (APVMA)
- 2017 July-August Emergency response consultant for rabies outbreak control Sarawak, Malaysia – Sarawak SPCA and Govt
- 2017 One health dogs and people consultancy – Nauru Government
- 2016 One health consultancy rabies workshop facilitator – Singapore Government
- 2012-2013 One health welfare veterinarian – University of Melbourne within Office Research Ethics and Integrity
- 2007-2008 Epidemiologist and expert witness Equine Influenza outbreak and inquiry – NSW Department of Primary Industries and Commonwealth DAFF.
- 1995 -2002 Veterinary Services Manager and Regulatory Affairs – CSL Ltd and Pfizer
- Master of Public Health (Epidemiology/Biostatistics), The University of Melbourne 2010
- Bachelor of Veterinary Science with Honours The University of Sydney 1988
- Member of the Australian College of Veterinary Scientists in Epidemiology 1997
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment Victoria University 2004
- Progress to Control and Eradication of Peste des Petits Ruminants in the Southern African Development Community Region.
Andrea Britton, Alexandre Caron, Berhanu Bedane
Front Vet Sci. 2019 Oct; 6:343
- Ecology and epidemiology of rabies in humans, domestic animals and wildlife in Namibia, 2011-2017.
Emmanuel H Hikufe, Conrad M Freuling, Rauna Athingo, Albertina Shilongo, Emmy-Else Ndevaetela, Maria Helao, Mathews Shiindi, Rainer Hassel, Alec Bishi, Siegfried Khaiseb, Juliet Kabajani, Jolandie van der Westhuizen, Gregorio Torres, Andrea Britton, Moetapele Letshwenyo, Karin Schwabenbauer, Thomas C Mettenleiter, Nicolai Denzin, Susanne Amler, Franz J Conraths, Thomas Muller, Adrianatus Maseke
PLoS Negl Trop Dis. 2019 Apr; 13(4):e0007355