Deborah is a pharmacist with over 10 years’ experience in the areas of infectious diseases and antimicrobial stewardship. She has worked as a clinical pharmacist establishing antimicrobial stewardship programs in various hospitals in Australia, and more recently has been working in antimicrobial resistance advisory, policy, and project management roles in the international development sphere.
Deborah’s professional interests include the One Health collaborative approach to tackling antimicrobial resistance and adapting, operationalising, and providing capacity building in antimicrobial resistance and stewardship initiatives in resource-limited settings and low- and middle-income countries to improve health equity.
- 2020: Surveillance Specialist – Antimicrobial Resistance, Burnet Institute, Melbourne, Australia
- 2018: Antimicrobial Resistance Programme Coordinator, Office of the World Health Organization Representative in Lao PDR, Vientiane, Lao PDR
- 2017: Research Officer, Murdoch Children’s Research Institute, Melbourne, Australia
- 2017: Clinical Pharmacist National Advisor – Antimicrobial Stewardship, Ministry of Health and Medical Services, Suva, Fiji (Australian Volunteers for International Development)
- 2014: Senior Clinical Pharmacist – Infectious Diseases, Central Coast Local Health District, Gosford, Australia
- 2012: Antimicrobial Stewardship and Critical Care Pharmacist, Northern Beaches Health Service, Sydney, Australia
- 2020: Master of Science in Global Health Policy, University of London, United Kingdom
- 2012: Graduate Certificate in Pharmacy Practice, University of Sydney, Australia
- 2010: Bachelor of Pharmacy (Honours Class I), University of Sydney, Australia
- 2017: European Society of Clinical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases (ESCMID) Observership at the European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC)
- 2016: Central Coast Local Health District Harry Collins Award for Achievement in Reducing Healthcare Associated Infections
- 2012: National Award in the Clinical Excellence & Patient Safety category of the Australian Council on Healthcare Standards Quality Improvement Awards
- 2012: NSW Harry Collins Award for Achievement in Reducing Healthcare Associated Infections
- 2012: Northern Sydney Local Health District Harry Collins Award for Achievement in Reducing Healthcare Associated Infections