Meredith recently joined Burnet Institute as Senior Program Manager Blood Borne Viruses in Global Health.
She has worked in leadership roles with over 25 years of experience in health & socio-economic development specifically in areas of health policy, sustainable health systems strengthening, health business models, health governance, health service delivery, and government relations. Engaged in wider sectors (private, civil society, government of Papua New Guinea at sub-national, district, and ward levels including working in Asia and Pacific. Recently, worked with DFAT- Australian High Commission Port Moresby Post in the Public Policy and Health Security space with senior leadership level experience in managing bilateral government relations for health and built and currently maintain stakeholder relations with multilateral development banks and development partners now that with Burnet Institute.
In technical and leadership space for health have collaborations with UNAIDS PNG, Global Fund Country Coordinating Mechanism, USAID PEPFAR, PNG based Centre for Disease Control, and National Health Department at Secretarial and Executive Management levels. She has good relations with Service Providers at sub-national and districts across PNG. Also worked in collaboration with the PNG Defence Force, Engineering Battalion, Igam Barracks on reconnaissance in rural, remote areas of PNG.
- Contributed to review of concept and development of the PNG Australia Partnership Fund Mechanism with first operational grants given to grant recipients in July 2017 and is current (June 2022).
- Contributed to review of concept and design of PNG Australia Transition of Health Facility, 2019 ready for market in 2020.
- Facilitated design of first KP Community Monitoring Systems as part of strengthening current government health systems, December 2019 and is current to 2021.
- Facilitated development of PNG’s first ever Key Population HIV Advocacy Consortium in September 2017 and have supported this mechanism to date.
- March 2020 - Present - PNG Country Representative, Burnet Institute
- December 2019 - March 2020 - Senior Program Manager – Blood-Borne Viruses in Global Health, Burnet Institute
- October 2019 - December 2019 – Technical Consultant – Community Based Monitoring Systems – Burnet Institute.
- March 2016 - October 2019 - Senior Program Manager-Public Policy and Health Security, Government of Australia Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade - Australian High Commission
- January 2010 - Janury 2016 - Technical Advisor Private Sector Social and Economic Rehabilitation - Lae Chamber of Commerce INC - Asian Development Bank - Lae Industrial Port - Tidal Basin Investment
- January 2011 - December 2015 - Technical Advisor Economic and Development Investments - Soroptimist International Lae, PNG, and Soroptimist International South West Pacific Federation
- BA in Humanities and Social Science in Sociology Anthropology, and Communication Management, Deakin University, Victoria, Australia.