Stephanie started working in International Development in 2012, with the Tonga Netball Association on a national women’s health campaign and program: Kau Mai Tonga Ke Tau Netipolo, which was awarded Best Practice by WHO Western Pacific Region in 2013.
As Health Promotion Advisor to Fiji Association of Sport and National Olympic Committee, she developed information education and communication tools to improve the effectiveness of their social responsibilitiy programs which do outreach and peer-education on HIV, STI and NCDs.
Stephanie worked for three years on a program in Papua New Guinea with Water Australia, in partnership with the PNG Netball Federation. This program integrated three areas of development: WASH, gender and sport, with the aim of improving hand washing with soap at critical times and menstrual hygiene management. This work involved coordinating a research piece over a number of sites in PNG which investigated the impact of toilets on the participation of women and girls in Netball in PNG.
Delivery of multiple Sport for Diplomacy events:
- International Netball Tri-Series between the PNG Pepe’s, Singapore National Team and the Victorian Fury.
- Event to host the (then) Minister for International Development and the Pacific, Senator The Honourable Concetta Fierravanti-Wells.
- Event to mark ANZAC Day for Governor-General of Australia, Sir Peter Cosgrove.
- Current, Project Manager, EC Australia, Burnet Institute
- 2018-2019, Project Manager, RID-TB, Burnet Institute
- 2018, Sport for Development Consultant
- 2015 – 2018, Project Coordinator, Sport for Development, WaterAid Australia
- 2014-2015, Health Promotion Advisor, Fiji Association of Sports and National Olympic Committee, Fiji (Australia Volunteer for International Development)
- 2012 – 2013, Netball Development Officer, Tonga Netball Association (Australian Youth Ambassador for Development)
- 2015, Masters International Health, Monash University, Australia
- 2009, BS Exercise and Sports Science, Deakin University, Australia
Eliminate Hepatitis C Australia Partnership: EC Australia
Hepatitis C brief reports
Optimising Quarantine Study
The Optimise Study: Optimising Isolation, Quarantine and Distancing for COVID-19