Helen works in the Global Health Diagnostic Laboratory. Her project aims to develop a point-of-care test for plasmodium vivax malaria, as well as to develop a point-of-care diagnostic to detect Hepatitis B e antigen.
Helen completed her PhD in the Department of Pharmacology at Monash University. Her previous research was focused on cardiovascular immunology, investigating the role of T cells in promoting the pathogenesis of hypertension and novel targets of the immune system to treat the condition.
- 2018 – Present: Research Officer (Burnet Institute)
- 2018: Research Officer (La Trobe University)
- 2017 - 2018: Research Officer (Monash Univeristy, Pharmacology)
- 2013 - 2017: Teaching Associate (Monash University, Pharmacology)
- 2011: Casual Research Assistant (Monash University, Pharmacology)
- 2013 - 2017: Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D., Pharmacology) Monash University, Australia
- 2009 - 2012: Bachelor of Biomedical Science (Hons, First class), Monash University, Australia
- 2013 – 2017: Australian Postgraduate Award (APA) for PhD Studies
- 2015: Oral finalist of HBPRCA 2015 student
- 2014: State of the Heart Student Travel Grant
- 2014: Three Minute Thesis competition Monash University: Finalist in the Department of Pharmacology; Finalist in the School of Biomedical Science
- 2009 – 2011: Monash University Scholarship for Excellence and Equity
- Y-chromosome lineage determines cardiovascular organ T-cell infiltration in the stroke-prone spontaneously hypertensive rat.
Shanzana I Khan, Karen L Andrews, Kristy L Jackson, Basimah Memon, Ann-Maree Jefferis, Man K S Lee, Henry Diep, Zihui Wei, Grant R Drummond, Geoffrey A Head, Garry L Jennings, Andrew J Murphy, Antony Vinh, Amanda K Sampson, Jaye P F Chin-Dusting
FASEB J. 2018 May; 32(5):2747-2756
- Differential phenotypes of tissue-infiltrating T cells during angiotensin II-induced hypertension in mice.
Zihui Wei, Iresha Spizzo, Henry Diep, Grant R Drummond, Robert E Widdop, Antony Vinh
PLoS One. 2014 Dec; 9(12):e114895
- Brain immune cell composition and functional outcome after cerebral ischemia: comparison of two mouse strains.
Hyun Ah Kim, Stephanie C Whittle, Seyoung Lee, Hannah X Chu, Shenpeng R Zhang, Zihui Wei, Thiruma V Arumugam, Anthony Vinh, Grant R Drummond, Christopher G Sobey
Front Cell Neurosci. 2014 Nov; 8:365
- Role of inflammation and the angiotensin type 2 receptor in the regulation of arterial pressure during pregnancy in mice.
Katrina M Mirabito, Lucinda M Hilliard, Zihui Wei, Chris Tikellis, Robert E Widdop, Antony Vinh, Kate M Denton
Hypertension. 2014 Sep; 64(3):626-631
News Articles (1)