Angela is a mixed methods researcher combining ethnographic and human centred design methods with social theory to develop innovative, deep and practical public health insights. With a background in Anthropology and International Development, she has over eight years of international experience designing and implementing mixed methods research across a variety of sectors to achieve high impact design research & evaluation.
During her career Angela has contributed to work across a diverse range of thematic areas including; maternal and child health, sexual health, mental health, eliminating violence against women, climate change, disaster risk preparedness and response and NCDs.
Recent design research projects include; digital health interventions, digital and communications products and service design. Rights based, innovative and collaborative principles inform her research practice. Angela complete a PhD in 2020 which focused on designing evidence-informed and needs-based sex education interventions for young people.
- 2020 PhD Public Health and Preventive Medicine- Burnet Institute/Monash University
- 2010: BA/International Development (Hons), Australian National University, Canberra, Australia
Breaking the cycle: supporting people with drug use histories to avoid reincarceration
Coping with COVID-19: Young people’s health and wellbeing in Australia
Optimising Quarantine Study
Pornography and Young People
Sex, Drugs, and Rock'n'Roll (Big Day Out Study)
The Optimise Study: Optimising Isolation, Quarantine and Distancing for COVID-19
- Young people's needs and preferences for health resources focused on pornography and sharing of sexually explicit imagery.
Wright CJ, Davis A, Vella AM, McGrath-Lester R, Lim MS
Public Health Res Pract. 2021 Mar; 31(1)
- The Optimise Study: COVID-19 testing and strategies to improve testing uptake. (PUBLIC HEALTH REPORT)
Saich F, Heath K, Altermatt A, Davis A, Pedrana A
Optimise Study. 2021 Feb; Report 3(Feb):1-10
- ‘Censorship is cancer’. Young people’s support for pornography-related initiatives.
Lim MSC, Roode K, Davis AC, Wright CJC
Sex Educat. 2021 Jan; Epub ahead of print
- ‘Not my child’: parenting, pornography, and views on education.
Davis AC, Wright C, Curtis M, Hellard ME, Lim MSC, Temple-Smith MJ
J Fam Studies. 2021 Jan; 27(4):573-588
- Sexual Behaviors and Violence in Pornography: Systematic Review and Narrative Synthesis of Video Content Analyses.
Carrotte ER, Davis AC, Lim MS
J Med Internet Res. 2020 May; 22(5):e16702
- Non-consensual sharing of personal sexually explicit imagery among young people in Australia: results from an online survey.
Douglass CH, Wright CJC, Davis AC, Lim MSC
Sex Health. 2020 Apr; 17(2):182-186
- A digital pornography literacy resource co-designed with vulnerable young people: Development of "The Gist"
Davis AC, Wright CC, Murphy S, Dietze P, Temple-Smith MJ, Hellard ME, Lim MS
J Med Internet Res. 2020 Feb; 22(6):e15964
- A descriptive analysis of young women.
Davis AC, Temple-Smith MJ, Carrotte E, Hellard ME, Lim MSC
Sex Health. 2020 Jan; 17:69-76
- A Health Education Website Developed to Meet Young People's Information Needs About Web-Based Pornography and Sharing of Sexually Explicit Imagery (SCOPE): Usability Study.
Davis AC, Wright CJC, Temple-Smith MJ, Hellard ME, Lim MSC
JMIR Form Res. 2019 Aug; 3(3):e12824
- Personal and reported partner pornography viewing by Australian women, and association with mental health and body image.
Laemmle-Ruff IL, Raggatt M, Wright CJC, Carrotte ER, Davis A, Jenkinson R, Lim MSC
Sex Health. 2019 Jan; 16(1):75-79
News Articles (4)