Yinzong Xiao is a PhD student of University of Melbourne who joined Burnet Institute in 2017 to complete her PhD.
She completed her MBBS and Master of Internal Medicine (specialising in Infectious Diseases) in China. During her post-graduate study she studied molecular biological science in the department of Infectious Diseases, with a focus on blood-borne virus research.
She has a specific interest in public health problems concerning hepatitis B at both a regional and global level. Her PhD research is primarily concerned with improving hepatitis B screening among high-risk populations, and retention in care among people living with chronic hepatitis B through community and clinic-based interventions in Australia.
2016 – current: PhD student
2016: Master of Internal Medicine(Infectious Diseases), Xiangya Hospital, Central South University, China
2014: MBBS, Central South University, China
2016-2019: Melbourne Research Scholarship
- Point-of-Care Tests for Hepatitis B: An Overview.
Xiao Y, Thompson AJ, Howell J
Cells. 2020 Oct; 9(10):E2233
- Facilitating hepatitis B clinical management in general practice: A qualitative investigation.
Wallace J, Richmond J, Allard N, Howell J, Adamson E, XiaoYZ, O’Reilly C, Hellard M
Aust J Gen Pract. 2020 Sep; 49(9):599-604
- Validation of the TREAT-B score for hepatitis B treatment eligibility in a large Asian cohort: TREAT-B improves with age.
Howell J, Anderson D, Bloom S, Lubel J, Kemp W, Williams J, Bell S, Croagh C, Demediuk B, Desmond P, Hall S, Holmes J, Hong T, Iser D, Lim L, Papaluca T, Ryan M, Visvanathan K, Xiao Y, van Gemert C, Hellard M, Thompson A
J Hepatol. 2020 Sep; 73(5):1282-1284
- Use of controlled temperature chain and compact prefilled auto-disable devices to reach 2030 hepatitis B birth dose vaccination targets in LMICs: a modelling and cost-optimisation study.
Seaman CP, Morgan C, Howell J, Xiao Y, Spearman CW, Sonderup M, Lesi O, Andersson MI, Hellard ME, Scott N
Lancet Glob Health. 2020 Jul; 8(7):e931-e941
- Comparing sexual behaviours and knowledge between domestic students and Chinese international students in Australia: findings from two cross-sectional studies.
Douglass CH, Qin C, Martin F, Xiao Y, El-Hayek C, Lim MS
Int J STD AIDS. 2020 Jun; 31(8):781-790
- Enhancing the hepatitis B care cascade in Australia: a cost-effectiveness model.
Xiao Y, Howell J, van Gemert C, Thompson AJ, Seaman CP, McCulloch K, Scott N, Hellard ME
J Viral Hepat. 2020 May; 27(5):526-536
- Bacterial and fungal infections in COVID-19 patients: A matter of concern.
Zhou P, Liu Z, Chen Y, Xiao Y, Huang X, Fan XG
Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2020 Apr; 41(9):1124-1125
- Protecting Chinese Healthcare Workers While Combating the 2019 Novel Coronavirus.
Zhou P, Huang Z, Xiao Y, Huang X, Fan XG
Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2020 Mar; 41(6):745-746
- 'Think Hep B' in primary care: A before-and-after evaluation of a self-guided learning package.
Xiao Y, van Gemert C, Howell J, Adamson E, Towell V, Cowie BC, Thompson AJ, Hellard M
Aust J Gen Pract. 2020 Jan; 49(1-2):66-69
News Articles (2)