Michelle is a PhD student in the Young People’s Health Research group at Burnet Institute. Her research aims to understand how online pornography influences young people’s sexual health and wellbeing. Michelle has interests in mixed-methods research and innovative approaches to engage young people in research.
Michelle joined Burnet Institute as an honours student in 2016, completing her thesis on the impact of social media on young people’s mental wellbeing and body image. Since 2017, Michelle worked as a research assistant across a range of areas including: young people’s health, alcohol and other drugs, management and prevention of HBV, and HCV elimination.
- 2019-present: PhD candidate, Burnet Institute
- 2017-present: Research Assistant, Burnet Institute
- 2017: Graduate Certificate of Health Promotion, Deakin University
- 2016: Bachelor of Biomedical Science (Honours), Monash University
- 2012: Bachelor of Biomedicine, University of Melbourne
Coping with COVID-19: Young people’s health and wellbeing in Australia
Pornography and Young People
Sex, Drugs, and Rock'n'Roll (Big Day Out Study)
TRYP: Transitions and Risk in Young People project
- Effectiveness of an Ecological Momentary Intervention for Reducing Risky Alcohol Consumption Among Young Adults: Protocol for a Three-Arm Randomized Controlled Trial.
Wright C, Dietze PM, Kuntsche E, Livingston M, Agius PA, Room R, Raggatt M, Hellard M, Lim MSC
JMIR Res Protoc. 2020 Mar; 9(3):e14190
- Cost-effectiveness of transplanting lungs and kidneys from donors with potential hepatitis C exposure or infection.
Scott N, Snell G, Westall G, Pilcher D, Raggatt M, Walker RG, Hellard M, Peleg AY, Doyle J
Sci Rep. 2020 Jan; 10(1):1459
- Correlates of Reduced Alcohol Consumption among a Sample of Young Australians.
Raggatt M, Wright C, Dietze P, Pennay A, Caluzzi G, Lim M
Alcohol Alcohol. 2019 Sep; 54(5):525-531
- Hepatitis B management during immunosuppression for haematological and solid organ malignancies: an Australian consensus statement.
Doyle J, Raggatt M, Slavin M, McLachlan SA, Strasser SI, Sasadeusz JJ, Howell J, Hajkowicz K, Nandurkar H, Johnston A, Bak N, Thompson AJ
Med J Aust. 2019 Jun; 210(10):462-468
- Personal and reported partner pornography viewing by Australian women, and association with mental health and body image.
Laemmle-Ruff IL, Raggatt M, Wright CJC, Carrotte ER, Davis A, Jenkinson R, Lim MSC
Sex Health. 2019 Jan; 16(1):75-79
News Articles (1)