Cassandra’s research is focused on young people’s health and risk behaviours, with major projects focused on alcohol consumption, pornography exposure, sexual harassment and exposure to ‘fitspo’ on social media. She uses both quantitative and qualitative methods.
Her PhD focused on the development, testing and translation of a mobile phone-delivered intervention for reducing risky alcohol consumption in young adults titled MIDY (Mobile Intervention for Drinking in Young people).
- 2017-ongoing: Australasian Professional Society on Alcohol and Other Drugs Early Career Researcher Committee
- 2017-ongoing: Australasian Professional Society on Alcohol and Other Drugs Scientific Advisory Committee
- 2016-ongoing: Australian Alcohol Advertising Review Board
- 2018: PhD, Monash University, Australia
- 2011: BHSc (Hons), Monash University, Australia
- Barriers and opportunities in the translation of mobile phone and social media interventions between research and health promotion practice in Australia: a qualitative study of expert perspectives.
Wright CJC, Schwarzman J, Dietze PM, Crockett B, Lim MSC
Health Res Policy Syst. 2019 Jan; 17(1):5
- Personal and reported partner pornography viewing by Australian women, and association with mental health and body image.
Laemmle-Ruff IL, Raggatt M, Wright CJC, Carrotte ER, Davis A, Jenkinson R, Lim MSC
Sex Health. 2019 Jan; 16(1):75-79
- "I'm obviously not dying so it's not something I need to sort out today": Considering hepatitis C treatment in the era of direct acting antivirals.
Wright C, Cogger S, Hsieh K, Goutzamanis S, Hellard M, Higgs P
Infect Dis Health. 2019 Jan; Epub ahead of print
- "I aspire to look and feel healthy like the posts convey": engagement with fitness inspiration on social media and perceptions of its influence on health and wellbeing.
Raggatt M, Wright CJC, Carrotte E, Jenkinson R, Mulgrew K, Prichard I, Lim MSC
BMC Public Health. 2018 Aug; 18(1):1002
- Mobile Phone-Based Ecological Momentary Intervention to Reduce Young Adults' Alcohol Use in the Event: A Three-Armed Randomized Controlled Trial.
Wright C, Dietze PM, Agius PA, Kuntsche E, Livingston M, Black OC, Room R, Hellard M, Lim MS
JMIR Mhealth Uhealth. 2018 Jul; 6(7):e149
- Correlates of in-person and technology-facilitated sexual harassment from an online survey among young Australians.
Douglass CH, Wright CJC, Davis AC, Lim MSC
Sex Health. 2018 Jun; 15(4):361-365
- Features of successful sexual health promotion programs for young people: findings from a review of systematic reviews.
Bowring AL, Wright CJC, Douglass C, Gold J, Lim MSC
Health Promot J Austr. 2018 Apr; 29(1):46-57
- Alcohol and other substance use among a sample of young people in the Solomon Islands.
Quinn B, Peach E, Wright CJC, Lim MSC, Davidson L, Dietze P
Aust N Z J Public Health. 2017 Aug; 41(4):358-364
- "Just not all ice users do that": investigating perceptions and potential harms of Australia's Ice Destroys Lives campaign in two studies.
Douglass CH, Early EC, Wright CJC, Palmer A, Higgs P, Quinn B, Dietze PM, Lim MSC
Harm Reduct J. 2017 Jul; 14(1):45
- Beyond basic feedback in mobile brief interventions: Designing SMS message content for delivery to young adults during risky drinking events.
Wright CJC, Dietze PM, Lim MSC
JMIR mHealth uHealth. 2017 Jun; 5(6):e79
- An ecological momentary intervention to reduce alcohol consumption in young adults delivered during drinking events: Protocol for a pilot randomized controlled trial.
Wright CJ, Dietze PM, Agius PA, Kuntsche E, Room R, Livingston M, Hellard M, Lim MS
JIMR Research Protocols. 2017 May; 6(5):e95
- Correlates of alcohol consumption on heavy drinking occasions of young risky drinkers: event versus personal characteristics.
Dietze P, Agius PA, Livingston M, Callinan S, Jenkinson R, Lim MS, Wright CJ, Room R
Addiction. 2017 Mar; 112(8): 1369-1377
- Reach, engagement, and effectiveness: a systematic review of evaluation methodologies used in health promotion via social networking sites.
Lim MS, Wright CJ, Carrotte ER, Pedrana AE
Health Promot J Aust. 2016 Dec; 27(3):187-197
- Who 'likes' alcohol? Young Australians' engagement with alcohol marketing via social media and related alcohol consumption patterns.
Carrotte ER, Dietze PM, Wright CJ, Lim MS
Aust N Z J Public Health. 2016 Sep; 40(5):474-479
- Letter: new treatments for hepatitis C have implications for quality of life in people who inject drugs.
Higgs P, Wright C, Hellard M
Aliment Pharmacol Ther. 2016 Apr; 43(7):840-841
- Participatory development of MIDY (Mobile Intervention for Drinking in Young people).
Wright CJ, Dietze PM, Crockett B, Lim MS
BMC Public Health. 2016 Feb; 16(1):184
- 'A Drink That Makes You Feel Happier, Relaxed and Loving': Young People's Perceptions of Alcohol Advertising on Facebook.
Weaver ER, Wright CJ, Dietze PM, Lim MS
Alcohol Alcohol. 2016 Jan; 51(4):481-486
- Challenges to translating new media interventions in community practice: a sexual health SMS program case study.
Wright CJ, Leinberger K, Lim MS
Health Promot J Austr. 2016 Jan; 27(1):70-73
News Articles (10)