Yasmin completed her Masters of Public Health (International Health stream) through Monash University. She is a registered nurse with a background in biomedical science.
Prior to joining Burnet, Yasmin worked as a clinician with the Victorian Adult Burns Service based at The Alfred hospital, and has also worked in community health with asylum seekers in Melbourne. She has a particular interest in the health of women and children, and infectious diseases. She is currently working on improving the lives of HIV-infected women and children with the use of novel point-of-care diagnostic tests.
- 2013: Masters of Public Health, Monash University, Victoria, Australia
- 2009: Masters of Nursing Science, Melbourne University, Australia
- 2007: Bachelor of Science (Hons) in Pharmacology and Physiology, Manchester University, United Kingdom
- 2013: Edelmira Peregrino Go International Student of the Year
Accelerating access to postnatal care and chlorhexidine in PNG
Access Point Of Care Initiative
Improved point-of-care test to eliminate congenital syphilis
Sexual and reproductive health in Asia and the Pacific
- Type-specific HPV prevalence, incident cases, persistence and associated pregnancy outcomes among HIV-infected women in Kenya.
Vyankandondera J, Wambua S, Irungu E, Mandaliya K, Temmerman M, Ryan C, Mohamed Y, Vanden Broeck D, Verhelst R, Chersich MF, Luchters S
Sex Transm Dis. 2019 Jun; 46(8):532-539
- Qualitative assessment of South African healthcare worker perspectives on an instrument-free rapid CD4 test.
Scorgie F, Mohamed Y, Anderson D, Crowe SM, Luchters S, Chersich MF
BMC Health Serv Res. 2019 Feb; 19(1):123
- The field performance and diagnostic accuracy of a low-cost instrument-free point-of-care CD4 test (VISITECT(R) CD4) performed by different health worker cadres among pregnant women.
Luchters S, Technau K, Mohamed Y, Chersich MF, Agius PA, Pham MD, Garcia ML, Forbes J, Shepherd A, Coovadia A, Crowe SM, Anderson DA
J Clin Microbiol. 2019 Jan; 57(2):e01277-18
- A qualitative exploration of menstruation-related restrictive practices in Fiji, Solomon Islands and Papua New Guinea.
Mohamed Y, Durrant K, Huggett C, Davis J, Macintyre A, Menu S, Wilson JN, Ramosaea M, Sami M, Barrington DJ, McSkimming D, Natoli L
PLoS One. 2018 Dec; 13(12):e0208224
- Assessing the operational feasibility and acceptability of an inhalable formulation of oxytocin for improving community-based prevention of postpartum haemorrhage in Myanmar: a qualitative inquiry.
Than KK, Oliver V, Mohamed Y, La T, Lambert P, McIntosh M, Luchters S
BMJ Open. 2018 Oct; 8(10):e022140
- Knowledge, perception and practice towards oxytocin stability and quality: A qualitative study of stakeholders in three resource-limited countries.
Oliver VL, Lambert PA, Than KK, Mohamed Y, Luchters S, Verma S, Yadav R, Kumar V, Teklu AM, Tolera M, Minaye A, McIntosh MP
PLoS One. 2018 Sep; 13(9):e0203810
News Articles (4)