Kathleen completed her Bachelor of Science, majoring in microbiology and cell biology in 2008 before joining the Department of Microbiology and Immunology to undertake her honours year in 2009.
Kathleen researched the impact of genotype on hepatitis B virus immune regulation throughout 2009 and 2010.
In 2012 Kathleen began a Masters of Public health at the University of Melbourne, specialising in global health and epidemiology. Kathleen joined the Burnet Institute in 2014, commencing her PhD in the evaluation of Victoria’s first community based, rapid HIV testing service, PRONTO!.
She was awarded her PhD in 2018.
- 2018 - PhD
- 2008: BSc (Hons), University of Melbourne
- 2012 - present: MPH, University of Melbourne
- 2014 - present: PhD, Burnet Institute
- Transformation of Australian Community Pharmacies Into Good Clinical Practice Compliant Trial Pharmacies for HIV Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis.
Lal L, Ryan K, Liu IY, Price B, Lockwood T, Aguirre I, Slobodian P, Lam A, Vassan M, Lim K, Silverii J, Tesoriero J, Phu J, Lim W, Naidoo B, Russell N, Rundle M, Sewell R, Cooper C, Hardman A, Quinn M, Mak A, Wright EJ
Front Pharmacol. 2019 Nov; 10:1269
- Two decades of surveillance data show late presentation among a diverse group of women diagnosed with HIV in Victoria, Australia.
Moreira C, Boughey A, Ryan KE, Higgins N, Rotty J, West M, Hellard M, Stoové M, El-Hayek C
Aust N Z J Public Health. 2019 Oct; 43(5):413-418
- A comparative, retrospective analysis of HIV testing among gay, bisexual and other men who have sex with men in Melbourne, Australia.
Ryan KE, Wilkinson AL, Chow E, Read T, Chen M, Locke P, Leitinger D, Bradshaw C, Pedrana A, Hellard M, Fairley CK, Stoové M
Aust N Z J Public Health. 2019 Oct; 43(5):419-423
- Assessment of service refinement and its impact on repeat HIV testing by client's access to Australia's universal healthcare system: a retrospective cohort study.
Ryan KE, Wilkinson AL, Asselin J, Leitinger DP, Locke P, Pedrana A, Hellard M, Stoové M
J Int AIDS Soc. 2019 Aug; 22(8):e25353
- Interest in Switching to On-Demand HIV Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP) Among Australian Users of Daily PrEP: An Online Survey.
Cornelisse VJ, Lal L, Price B, Ryan KE, Bell C, Owen L, Wright EJ
Open Forum Infect Dis. 2019 Jul; 6(7):ofz287
- Association of HIV Preexposure Prophylaxis With Incidence of Sexually Transmitted Infections Among Individuals at High Risk of HIV Infection.
Traeger MW, Cornelisse VJ, Asselin J, Price B, Roth NJ, Willcox J, Tee BK, Fairley CK, Chang CC, Armishaw J, Vujovic O, Penn M, Cundill P, Forgan-Smith G, Gall J, Pickett C, Lal L, Mak A, Spelman TD, Nguyen L, Murphy DA, Ryan KE, El-Hayek C, West M, Ruth S, Batrouney C, Lockwood JT, Hoy JF, Hellard ME, Stoové MA, Wright EJ; PrEPX Study Team
JAMA. 2019 Apr; 321(14):1380-1390
- Protocol for an HIV Pre-exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP) Population Level Intervention Study in Victoria Australia: The PrEPX Study.
Ryan KE, Mak A, Stoove M, Price B, Fairley CK, Ruth S, Lal L, Asselin J, El-Hayek C, Nguyen L, Batrouney C, Wilson D, Lockwood J, Murphy D, Cornelisse VJ, Roth N, Willcox J, Chang CC, Armishaw J, Tee BK, Penn M, Forgan-Smith G, Williams C, Montgomery J, Byron K, Coelho A, Allen B, Wiggins J, Kelsall J, Vujovic O, West M, Pierce AB, Gallant D, Bell C, de Wit JBF, Hoy JF, Wesselingh SL, Grant RM, Wright EJ
Front Public Health. 2018 May; 6:151
- Implications of survey labels and categorisations for understanding drug use in the context of sex among gay and bisexual men in Melbourne, Australia.
Ryan KE, Wilkinson AL, Pedrana A, Quinn B, Dietze P, Hellard M, Stoové M
Int J Drug Policy. 2018 May; 55:183-186
- Acceptability and HIV prevention benefits of a peer-based model of rapid point of care HIV testing for Australian gay, bisexual and other men who have sex with men.
Leitinger D, Ryan KE, Brown G, Pedrana A, Wilkinson AL, Ryan C, Hellard M, Stoové M
AIDS Behav. 2018 Jan; 22(1):178-189
News Articles (8)