Elise has worked as a research assistant since 2014. She is currently part of the Young People’s Health Group and works on a variety of projects on topics such as social media use, pornography, sexual health and alcohol use.
She is currently completing her Master of Psychology (Clinical). Her research interests include gender, mental health and substance use.
- 2013: BPsych (Hons), Monash University, Australia
- Young Australians' use of pornography and associations with sexual risk behaviours.
Lim MSC, Agius PA, Carrotte ER, Vella AM, Hellard ME
Aust N Z J Public Health. 2017 Aug; 41(4):438-443
- Longitudinal changes in personal wellbeing in a cohort of people who inject drugs.
Scott N, Carrotte ER, Higgs P, Stoové MA, Aitken CK, Dietze PM
PLoS One. 2017 May; 12(5):e0178474
- "Fitspiration" on Social Media: A Content Analysis of Gendered Images.
Carrotte ER, Prichard I, Lim MS
J Med Internet Res. 2017 Mar; 19(3):e95
- Who 'likes' alcohol? Young Australians' engagement with alcohol marketing via social media and related alcohol consumption patterns.
Carrotte ER, Dietze PM, Wright CJ, Lim MS
Aust N Z J Public Health. 2016 Sep; 40(5):474-479
- Longitudinal changes in psychological distress in a cohort of people who inject drugs in Melbourne, Australia.
Scott N, Carrotte ER, Higgs P, Cogger S, Stoové MA, Aitken CK, Dietze PM
Drug and Alcohol Dependence. 2016 Aug; 168:140-146
- "I am yet to encounter any survey that actually reflects my life": a qualitative study of inclusivity in sexual health research.
Carrotte ER, Vella AM, Bowring AL, Douglass C, Hellard ME, Lim MS
BMC Med Res Methodol. 2016 Jul; 16(1):86
- An investigation of strategies used in alcohol brand marketing and alcohol-related health promotion on Facebook.
Lim MS, Hare JD, Carrotte ER, Dietze PM
Digital Health. 2016 Apr; 2:1-7
- Mental Health and Associated Sexual Health Behaviours in a Sample of Young People Attending a Music Festival in Melbourne, Victoria.
Carrotte ER, Vella AM, Hellard ME, Lim MS
Community Ment Health J. 2016 Jan; 52(8):1082-1088
- The impact of pornography on gender-based violence, sexual health and well-being: what do we know?
Lim MS, Carrotte ER, Hellard ME
J Epidemiol Community Health. 2016 Jan; 70(1):3-5
News Articles (5)