Elizabeth’s professional interests relate to operational research and public health action to reduce health and social inequalities in maternal and child health, health system strengthening and partnerships for development. She has a background in clinical medicine and holds a Master of Social and Economic Sciences, specialising in international development, and a Master of Public Health.
- Australasian Faculty of Public Health Medicine (AFPHM)
- Research Project Manager, Healthy Mothers Healthy Babies, Burnet Institute, Papua New Guinea
- Public Health Registrar, Burnet Institute, Melbourne
- Public Health Registrar, Greater Green Triangle University Department of Rural Health, Warrnambool
- Public Health Intern, Médecins du Monde/Doctors of the World, Paris
- Resident Medical Officer, New South Wales, Queensland and Victoria
- Intern, the Alfred Hospital, Melbourne
- 2013: Master of Public Health, University of New South Wales, Sydney
- 2011: Master of Social and Economic Sciences (specialty: international development), Institute Catholique, Paris
- 2006: BMBS, Flinders University, Adelaide
- 2002: Bachelor of Biomedical Science, Monash University, Melbourne
- 2019: Gerry Murphy Prize of the Royal Australasian College of Physicians (RACP)
- 2018: Graham Rouch Award of the Australian Faculty of Public Health Medicine (Victoria), of the Royal Australasian College of Physicians (RACP).
- Point-of-care testing and treatment of sexually transmitted and genital infections during pregnancy in Papua New Guinea (WANTAIM trial): protocol for an economic evaluation alongside a cluster-randomised trial.
Batura N, Saweri OP, Vallely A, Pomat W, Homer C, Guy R, Luchters S, Mola G, Vallely LM, Morgan C, Kariwiga G, Wand H, Rogerson S, Tabrizi SN, Whiley DM, Low N, Peeling RW, Siba PM, Riddell M, Laman M, Bolnga J, Robinson LJ, Morewaya J, Badman S, Kelly-Hanku A, Toliman PJ, Peter W, Peach E, Garland S, Kaldor J, Wiseman V
BMJ Open. 2021 Aug; 11(8):e046308
- Mycoplasma genitalium and Other Reproductive Tract Infections in Pregnant Women, Papua New Guinea, 2015-2017.
Scoullar MJL, Boeuf P, Peach E, Fidelis R, Tokmun K, Melepia P, Elijah A, Bradshaw CS, Fehler G, Siba PM, Erskine S, Mokany E, Kennedy E, Umbers AJ, Luchters S, Robinson LJ, Wong NC, Vallely AJ, Badman SG, Vallely LM, Fowkes FJI, Morgan C, Pomat W, Crabb BS, Beeson JG
Emerg Infect Dis. 2021 Mar; 27(3):894-904
- Risk factors and knowledge associated with high unintended pregnancy rates and low family planning use among pregnant women in Papua New Guinea.
Peach E, Morgan C, Scoullar MJL, Fowkes FJI, Kennedy E, Melepia P, Homiehombo P, Au L, Luchters S, Umbers AJ, Vallely A, Vallely LM, Kelly-Hanku A, Robinson LJ, Crabb BS, Elijah A, Siba PM, Pomat W, Beeson JG
Sci Rep. 2021 Jan; 11(1):1222
- Phylogenetic clustering networks among heterosexual migrants with new HIV diagnoses post-migration in Australia.
Sacks-Davis R, Chibo D, Peach E, Aleksic E, Crowe SM, El Hayek C, Marukutira T, Higgins N, Stoové M, Hellard M
PLoS One. 2020 Sep; 15(9):e0237469
- Strengthening routine immunization in Papua New Guinea: a cross-sectional provincial assessment of front-line services.
Morgan CJ, Saweri OPM, Larme N, Peach E, Melepia P, Au L, Scoullar MJL, Reza MS, Vallely LM, McPake BI, Beeson JG
BMC Public Health. 2020 Jan; 20(1):100
- Point-of-care testing and treatment of sexually transmitted infections to improve birth outcomes in high-burden, low-income settings: Study protocol for a cluster randomized crossover trial (the WANTAIM Trial, Papua New Guinea)
Vallely AJ, William S. Pomat WS, Homer C, Guy R, Luchters S, Mola GDL, Kariwiga G, Vallely LM, Wiseman V, Morgan C, Wand H, Rogerson SJ, Tabrizi SN, Whiley DM, Low N, Peeling R, Siba P, Riddell M, Laman M, Bolnga J, Robinson LJ, Morewaya J, Badman SG, Batura N, Kelly-Hanku A, Toliman PJ, Peter W, Babona D, Peach E, Garland SM, Kaldor JM
Well Open Res. 2019 May; 4:53
- Aiming for 90-90-90 - the importance of understanding the risk factors for HIV exposure and advanced HIV infection in migrant populations and other groups who do not report male-to-male sex.
Peach E, Lemoh C, Stoové M, Agius P, El Hayek C, Higgins N, Hellard M
Sex Health. 2018 Oct; 15(5):441-450
- Blood-borne virus transmission in an urban, culturally diverse neighbourhood: results from a cross-sectional bio-behavioural survey using innovative outreach methods in a hard-to-reach population.
Peach E, Cogger S, Byron K, Francis P, O'Keefe D, Higgs P, Stoove M, Elmore K, Dietze P, Hellard M
Sex Health. 2018 Oct; 15(1):54-60
- A comparison of Australian rural and metropolitan cardiovascular risk and mortality: the Greater Green Triangle and North West Adelaide population surveys.
Tideman P, Taylor AW, Janus E, Philpot B, Clark R, Peach E, Laatikainen T, Vartiainen E, Tirimacco R, Montgomerie A, Grant J, Versace V, Dunbar JA
BMJ Open. 2013 Aug; 3(8):e003203
- Does the shortage of diabetes specialists in regional and rural Australia matter? Results from Diabetes MILES--Australia.
Skinner T, Allen P, Peach E, Browne J, Pouwer F, Speight J, Dunbar JA
Diabetes Res Clin Pract. 2013 May; 100(2):222-229
News Articles (12)