Kerryn is a PhD candidate at the University of Melbourne, studying malaria in pregnant women under the supervision of Dr Freya Fowkes and A/Prof Julie Simpson. She is based part-time at the Shoklo Malaria Research Unit – a field station of the Faculty of Tropical Medicine, Mahidol University – on the Thai-Myanmar border.
She completed a Masters of Science in Epidemiology at the University of Melbourne in 2013, with a focus on infectious disease and global health. The focus of her PhD is on the effect of malaria in pregnancy and antimalarial drugs on miscarriage, stillbirth, and neonatal death, and on the optimal schedule for antenatal screening for malaria to avert adverse outcomes.
- 2013: MSc (Epidemiology), University of Melbourne, Australia
- 2010: BSc (Neuroscience), University of Melbourne, Australia
- 2013: Dean’s Honour List (Faculty of Science, University of Melbourne)
- 2013: Australian Postgraduate Award
- 2012: Australian Epidemiological Association (AEA) Top Student Prize
- Quantification of the association between malaria in pregnancy and stillbirth: a systematic review and meta-analysis.
Moore KA, Simpson JA, Scoullar MJL, McGready R, Fowkes FJI
Lancet Glob Health. 2017 Sep; 5(11):E1101-E1112
- Declining transmission and immunity to malaria and emerging artemisinin resistance in Thailand: A longitudinal study.
Ataíde R, Powell R, Moore K, McLean A, Phyo AP, Nair S, White M, Anderson TJ, Beeson JG, Simpson JA, Nosten F, Fowkes FJI
J Infect Dis. 2017 Sep; 216(6):723-731
- Mediation of the effect of malaria in pregnancy on stillbirth and neonatal death in an area of low transmission: observational data analysis.
Moore KA, Fowkes FJI, Wiladphaingern J, Wai NS, Paw MK, Pimanpanarak M, Carrara VI, Raksuansak J, Simpson JA, White NJ, Nosten F, McGready R
BMC Med. 2017 May; 15(1):98
- First-trimester artemisinin derivatives and quinine treatments and the risk of adverse pregnancy outcomes in Africa and Asia: A meta-analysis of observational studies.
Dellicour S, Sevene E, McGready R, Tinto H, Mosha D, Manyando C, Rulisa S, Desai M, Ouma P, Oneko M, Vala A, Rupérez M, Macete E, Menéndez C, Nakanabo-Diallo S, Kazienga A, Valéa I, Calip G, Augusto O, Genton B, Njunju EM, Moore KA, d'Alessandro U, Nosten F, Ter Kuile F, Stergachis A
PLoS Med. 2017 May; 14(5):e1002290
- Haemolysis in G6PD heterozygous females treated with primaquine for Plasmodium vivax malaria: A nested cohort in a trial of radical curative regimens.
Chu CS, Bancone G, Moore KA, Win HH, Thitipanawan N, Po C, Chowwiwat N, Raksapraidee R, Wilairisak P, Phyo AP, Keereecharoen L, Proux S, Charunwatthana P, Nosten F, White NJ
PLoS Med. 2017 Feb; 14(2):e1002224
- Single Low Dose Primaquine (0.25mg/kg) Does Not Cause Clinically Significant Haemolysis in G6PD Deficient Subjects.
Bancone G, Chowwiwat N, Somsakchaicharoen R, Poodpanya L, Moo PK, Gornsawun G, Kajeechiwa L, Thwin MM, Rakthinthong S, Nosten S, Thinraow S, Nyo SN, Ling CL, Wiladphaingern J, Kiricharoen NL, Moore KA, White NJ, Nosten F
PLoS One. 2016 Mar; 11(3):e0151898
- Safety of artemisinins in first trimester of prospectively followed pregnancies: an observational study.
Moore KA, Simpson JA, Paw MK, Pimanpanarak M, Wiladphaingern J, Rijken MJ, Jittamala P, White NJ, Fowkes FJ, Nosten F, McGready R
Lancet Infect Dis. 2016 Feb; 16(5): 576-583
- Estimating Gestational Age in Late Presenters to Antenatal Care in a Resource-Limited Setting on the Thai-Myanmar Border.
Moore KA, Simpson JA, Thomas KH, Rijken MJ, White LJ, Lu Moo Dwell S, Paw MK, Wiladphaingern J, Pukrittayakamee S, Nosten F, Fowkes FJ, McGready R
PLoS One. 2015 Jun; 10(6):e0131025
- Risk factors for malaria and adverse birth outcomes in a prospective cohort of pregnant women resident in a high malaria transmission area of Papua New Guinea.
Stanisic DI, Moore KA, Baiwog F, Ura A, Clapham C, King CL, Siba PM, Beeson JG, Mueller I, Fowkes FJ, Rogerson SJ
Trans R Soc Trop Med Hyg. 2015 Mar; 109(5):313-324
News Articles (5)