Associate Professor Anderson was trained in Microbiology and Molecular Virology at the University of Melbourne and Fairfield Hospital/Burnet Institute under Professor Ian Gust and Stephen Locarnini. He received his PhD in 1989.
Since that time his work has focused on understanding the structure and assembly of hepatitis viruses, and the use of this information to design better diagnostics, vaccines and antiviral therapies for control of major viral infections in humans.
Associate Professor Anderson has published more than 60 original research papers and invited chapters. He has presented on original research work at numerous national and international scientific meetings.
He has been active in translation of research into practical outcomes through commercial ventures and academic collaborations and is an inventor on 10 patent families.
Associate Professor Anderson has had a longstanding interest in the application of research to practical and commercial processes. This is reflected in contract and collaborative research agreements with the pharmaceutical and biotech industries since 1991.
In 2003 a portfolio of technologies from his laboratory relating to the control of infectious diseases (diagnostics, vaccines and antivirals) was licensed to the start-up biotech company Select Vaccines Limited (ASX:SLT). Three commercial diagnostic products are now sold worldwide based on this technology. A fourth (for diagnosis of active syphilis) is entering extensive laboratory trials in 2011; the vaccine technology has been sublicensed to ARTES Biotechnology in Germany.
Building on this expertise in rapid point of care diagnostics, Associate Professor Anderson and his laboratory team led by Mary Garcia is collaborating with Professor Suzanne Crowe (Burnet Institute, Professor Alan Landay (Rush University, Chicago), and Professor Tom Denny (Duke University, Durham), to develop a point-of-care test for estimating CD4 T cell numbers in patients. These tests are urgently needed to provide the tool to improve the management of HIV/AIDS in resource-poor settings.
Associate Professor Anderson and his team are also collaborating with Axxin Ltd in Melbourne on the development of an inexpensive and robust instrument/reader for the CD4 test. This instrument provides greater accuracy and assists in training and quality control. The additional capabilities of the Axxin instrument will be important in the development of other much-needed point-of-care tests.
- NHMRC Senior Research Fellow (Level B)
- Associate Professor, Dept Microbiology and Immunology, University of Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
- Associate Senior Lecturer, Monash University, Victoria, Australia
- 2017:Deputy Director (Partnerships), Burnet Institute
- Deputy Director, Burnet Institute
- 2009: Visiting Associate Professor, Rush University Medical Centre, Chicago, Illinois, USA
- 2003-2008: Chief Scientific Officer, Select Vaccines Ltd
- 2001-2006: Senior Research Fellow (Level A), NHMRC
- 1996: Visiting Associate Research Professor, Department of Medicine, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, USA
- 1995-1999: Principal Investigator, Hepatitis E and B R&D syndicate, Macfarlane Burnet Centre for Medical Research, Victoria, Australia
- 1994-2004: Associate Senior Lecturer, Department of Microbiology, University of Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
- 1991-1993: Associate Lecturer, Department of Microbiology, University of Melbourne, Australia
- 1991-2002: Head, Hepatitis Research Unit, Macfarlane Burnet Centre for Medical Research, Australia
- 1990-1991: Senior Research Officer, Hepatitis Research Unit, Macfarlane Burnet Centre for Medical Research, Australia
- 1988-1989: Research Officer, Hepatitis Research Unit, Macfarlane Burnet Centre for Medical Research, Fairfield Hospital, Victoria, Australia
- B.Sc(Hons), University of Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
- PhD, University of Melbourne, Australia
A novel biomarker for gut leakage as a diagnostic tool for HIV disease progression
Access Point Of Care Initiative
Antibody engineering to study responses mediating protective immunity
APPRISE - Centre for Research Excellence
COVID-19 antigens for PoC test development
Demonstrating the impact of next generation Cepheid tools in TB
Development of a point-of-care test for neonatal sepsis
Glucose-6-Phosphate Dehydrogenase (G6PD) Deficiency
Improved point-of-care test to eliminate congenital syphilis
Methods for improved sensitivity of lateral flow tests
Novel PoC Testing for Diagnosis of Active Syphilis in Pregnant Women and Infants in Fiji
Novel reagents for the serological diagnosis of tuberculosis
Rapid and accurate diagnosis of TB: New trial in PNG
The EZARET Study: Exploring Zoonotic Association and Risks for Extrapulmonary Tuberculosis in PNG
The Optimise Study: Optimising Isolation, Quarantine and Distancing for COVID-19
The production of guidance for the laboratory sector to prepare for emergency situations
The QuickStart Study
- Operational experiences associated with the implementation of near point-of-care early infant diagnosis of HIV in Myanmar: a qualitative study.
Yee WL, Htay H, Mohamed Y, Nightingale CE, Tin HH, Thein W, Kyaw LL, Yee WW, Aye MM, Badman SG, Vallely AJ, Anderson D, Kelly-Hanku A, Luchters S
BMC Health Serv Res. 2021 Aug; 21(1):863
- Validation of the TREAT-B score for hepatitis B treatment eligibility in a large Asian cohort: TREAT-B improves with age.
Howell J, Anderson D, Bloom S, Lubel J, Kemp W, Williams J, Bell S, Croagh C, Demediuk B, Desmond P, Hall S, Holmes J, Hong T, Iser D, Lim L, Papaluca T, Ryan M, Visvanathan K, Xiao Y, van Gemert C, Hellard M, Thompson A
J Hepatol. 2020 Sep; 73(5):1282-1284
- Performance characteristics of an instrument-free point-of-care CD4 test (VISITECT(R)CD4) for use in resource-limited settings.
Vidhyavathi V, Iqbal HS, Kanthamani K, Solomon SS, Nandagopal P, Luchters S, Pham MD, Forbes J, Crowe SM, McMurran C, Anderson DA, Balakrishnan P
J Int Med Res. 2020 Sep; 48(9):300060520955028
- Improving the coverage and accuracy of syphilis testing: The development of a novel rapid, point-of-care test for confirmatory testing of active syphilis infection and its early evaluation in China and South Africa.
Pham MD, Wise A, Garcia ML, Van H, Zheng S, Mohamed Y, Han Y, Wei WH, Yin YP, Chen XS, Dimech W, Braniff S, Technau KG, Luchters S, Anderson DA
EClinicalMedicine. 2020 Jul; 24:100440
- Malaria vaccine candidates displayed on novel virus-like particles are immunogenic and induce transmission-blocking activity.
Chan JA, Wetzel D, Reiling L, Miura K, Drew DR, Gilson PR, Anderson DA, Richards JS, Long CA, Suckow M, Jenzelewski V, Tsuboi T, Boyle MJ, Piontek M, Beeson JG
PLoS One. 2019 Sep; 14(9):e0221733
- Development and Characterization of Monoclonal Antibodies Against Glycophorin A Applicable for Blood Sample Processing.
Yang J, Wang Q, Van H, Zhu J, Li F, Zhao PX, Anderson D, Cao B
Monoclon Antib Immunodiagn Immunother. 2019 Sep; 38(5):185-189
- Display of malaria transmission-blocking antigens on chimeric duck hepatitis B virus-derived virus-like particles produced in Hansenula polymorpha.
Wetzel D, Chan JA, Suckow M, Barbian A, Weniger M, Jenzelewski V, Reiling L, Richards JS, Anderson DA, Kouskousis B, Palmer C, Hanssen E, Schembecker G, Merz J, Beeson JG, Piontek M
PLoS One. 2019 Sep; 14(9):e0221394
- Proteomic Analysis of Antigen 60 Complex of M. bovis Bacillus Calmette-Guerin Reveals Presence of Extracellular Vesicle Proteins and Predicted Functional Interactions.
Hanafiah KM, Arifin N, Sanders PR, Othman N, Garcia ML, Anderson DA
Vaccines. 2019 Aug; 7(3):e80
- An Observational Case-Control Study to Determine Human Immunodeficiency Virus and Host Factor Influence on Biomarker Distribution and Serodiagnostic Potential in Adult Pulmonary Tuberculosis.
Hanafiah KM, Garcia ML, Anderson DA
Trop Med Infect Dis. 2019 Mar; 4(2):E57
- Qualitative assessment of South African healthcare worker perspectives on an instrument-free rapid CD4 test.
Scorgie F, Mohamed Y, Anderson D, Crowe SM, Luchters S, Chersich MF
BMC Health Serv Res. 2019 Feb; 19(1):123
- Performance of a novel low-cost, instrument-free plasma separation device for HIV viral load quantification and determination of treatment failure in people living with HIV in Malaysia: a diagnostic accuracy study.
Pham MD, Haile BA, Azwa I, Kamarulzaman A, Raman N, Saeidi A, Bador MK, Tan M, Zhu J, Yi F, Elliott JH, Garcia ML, Li F, Crowe SM, Luchters S, Anderson DA
J Clin Microbiol. 2019 Jan; 57(4):e01683-18
- The field performance and diagnostic accuracy of a low-cost instrument-free point-of-care CD4 test (VISITECT(R) CD4) performed by different health worker cadres among pregnant women.
Luchters S, Technau K, Mohamed Y, Chersich MF, Agius PA, Pham MD, Garcia ML, Forbes J, Shepherd A, Coovadia A, Crowe SM, Anderson DA
J Clin Microbiol. 2019 Jan; 57(2):e01277-18
- Detection of virus-specific polymeric immunoglobulin A in acute hepatitis A, C, E virus serum samples using novel chimeric secretory component.
Mohd Hanafiah K, Garcia ML, Barnes NC, Anderson DA
BMC Res Notes. 2018 Oct; 11(1):688
- Molecular point-of-care testing for chlamydia and gonorrhoea in Indigenous Australians attending remote primary health services (TTANGO): a cluster-randomised, controlled, crossover trial.
Guy RJ, Ward J, Causer LM, Natoli L, Badman SG, Tangey A, Hengel B, Wand H, Whiley D, Tabrizi SN, Shephard M, Fairley CK, Donovan B, Anderson DA, Regan DG, Maher L, Kaldor JM
Lancet Infect Dis. 2018 Oct; 18(10):1117-1126
- Molecular test for chlamydia and gonorrhoea used at point of care in remote primary healthcare settings: a diagnostic test evaluation.
Causer LM, Guy RJ, Tabrizi SN, Whiley DM, Speers DJ, Ward J, Tangey A, Badman SG, Hengel B, Natoli LJ, Anderson DA, Wand H, Wilson D, Regan DG, Shephard M, Donovan B, Fairley CK, Kaldor JM
Sex Transm Infect. 2018 May; 94(5):340-345
- Parasites under the Spotlight: Applications of Vibrational Spectroscopy to Malaria Research.
Perez-Guaita D, Marzec KM, Hudson A, Evans C, Chernenko T, Matthäus C, Miljkovic M, Diem M, Heraud P, Richards JS, Andrew D, Anderson DA, Doerig C, Garcia-Bustos J, McNaughton D, Wood BR
Chem Rev. 2018 Apr; 118(11):5330-5358
- A reliable and easy to transport quality control method for chlamydia and gonorrhoea molecular point of care testing.
Badman SG, Causer LM, Guy R, Wand H, Donovan B, Tabrizi SN, Speers D, Shephard MD, Vallely A, Whiley D; TTANGO investigators including Natoli L and Anderson D
Pathology. 2018 Jan; 50(3):317-321
- Computational analysis of antibody dynamics identifies recent HIV-1 infection.
Seaton KE, Vandergrift NA, Deal AW, Rountree W, Bainbridge J, Grebe E, Anderson DA, Sawant S, Shen X, Yates NL, Denny TN, Liao HX, Haynes BF, Robb ML, Parkin N, Santos BR, Garrett N, Price MA, Naniche D, Duerr AC; CEPHIA group, Keating S, Hampton D, Facente S, Marson K, Welte A, Pilcher CD, Cohen MS, Tomaras GD.
JCI Insight. 2017 Dec; 2(24):e94355
- Development of multiplexed infectious disease lateral flow assays: Challenges and opportunities.
Mohd Hanafiah K, Arifin N, Bustami Y, Noordin R, Garcia M, Anderson D
Diagnostics. 2017 Sep; 7(3):E51
- Feasibility of antiretroviral treatment monitoring in the era of decentralized HIV care: a systematic review.
Pham MD, Romero L, Parnell B, Anderson DA, Crowe SM, Luchters S
AIDS Res Ther19. 2017 Jan; 14(1):3
- Performance of point-of-care CD4 testing technologies in resource-constrained settings: a systematic review and meta-analysis.
Pham MD, Agius PA, Romero L, McGlynn P, Anderson D, Crowe SM, Luchters S
BMC Infect Dis. 2016 Oct; 16(1):592
- Acceptability and feasibility of point-of-care CD4 testing on HIV continuum of care in low and middle income countries: a systematic review.
Pham MD, Agius PA, Romero L, McGlynn P, Anderson D, Crowe SM, Luchters S
BMC Health Serv Res. 2016 Aug; 16(1):343
- A preliminary evaluation of a new GeneXpert (Gx) molecular point-of-care test for the detection of Trichomonas vaginalis.
Badman SG, Causer LM, Guy R, Tabrizi SN, Francis F, Donovan B, Whiley D; TTANGO investigators (Kaldor J, Wilson D, Regan D, Wand H, Shepard M, Ward J, Fairley K, Hengel B, Tangey A, Anderson D, Natoli L)
Sex Transm Infect. 2016 Aug; 92(5):350-352
- High resolution FTIR imaging provides automated discrimination and detection of single malaria parasite infected erythrocytes on glass.
Perez-Guaita D, Andrew D, Heraud P, Beeson J, Anderson D, Richards J, Wood BR
Faraday Discuss. 2016 Apr; 187:341-352
- Specific IgA Enhances the Transcytosis and Excretion of Hepatitis A Virus.
Counihan NA, Anderson DA
Sci Rep. 2016 Feb; 6:21855
- "I Do Feel Like a Scientist at Times": A Qualitative Study of the Acceptability of Molecular Point-Of-Care Testing for Chlamydia and Gonorrhoea to Primary Care Professionals in a Remote High STI Burden Setting.
Natoli L, Guy RJ, Shephard M, Causer L, Badman SG, Hengel B, Tangey A, Ward J, Coburn T, Anderson D, Kaldor J, Maher L; TTANGO Investigators (including Basil Donovan, David Wilson, David Regan, Handan Wand, David Whiley, Sepehr N. Tabrizi, Christopher Fairley)
PLoS One. 2015 Dec; 10(12):e0145993
- Public health implications of molecular point-of-care testing for chlamydia and gonorrhoea in remote primary care services in Australia: a qualitative study.
Natoli L, Guy RJ, Shephard M, Whiley D, Tabrizi SN, Ward J, Regan DG, Badman SG, Anderson DA, Kaldor J, Maher L; TTANGO investigator group
BMJ Open. 2015 Apr; 5(4):e006922
- An evaluation of a novel dual treponemal/non-treponemal point-of-care test for syphilis as a tool to distinguish active from past treated infection.
Causer LM, Kaldor JM, Conway DP, Leslie DE, Denham I, Karapanagiotidis T, Ryan C, Wand H, Anderson DA, Robertson PW, McNulty AM, Donovan B, Fairley CK, Guy RJ
Clin Infect Dis. 2015 Mar; 61(2):184-191
- Hepatitis E in Australian HIV-infected patients: an under-recognised pathogen?
Yong MK, Paige EK, Anderson D, Hoy JF
Sex Health. 2014 Sep; 11(4):375-378
- Site-Selective Solid-Phase Synthesis of a CCR5 Sulfopeptide Library to Interrogate HIV Binding and Entry.
Liu X, Malins LR, Roche M, Sterjovski J, Duncan R, Garcia ML, Barnes NC, Anderson DA, Stone MJ, Gorry PR, Payne RJ
ACS Chem Biol. 2014 Jun; 9(9):2074-2081
- Point-of-Care Testing for Chlamydia and Gonorrhoea: Implications for Clinical Practice.
Natoli L, Maher L, Shephard M, Hengel B, Tangey A, Badman SG, Ward J, Guy RJ on behalf of the TTANGO Investigators (including Guy R, Kaldor J, Donovan B, Wilson D, Wand H, Regan D, Causer L, Hengel B, Anderson D, Whiley D, Tabrizi SN, Fairley C)
PLoS One. 2014 Jun; 9(6):e100518
- Cold adaptation improves the growth of seasonal influenza B vaccine viruses.
Kim H, Schoofs P, Anderson DA, Tannock GA, Rockman SP
Vaccine. 2014 Mar; 32(21):2474-2479
- A Laboratory-Based Evaluation of Four Rapid Point-of-Care Tests for Syphilis.
Causer LM, Kaldor JM, Fairley CK, Donovan B, Karapanagiotidis T, Leslie DE, Robertson PW, McNulty AM, Anderson D, Wand H, Conway DP, Denham I, Ryan C, Guy RJ
PLoS One. 2014 Mar; 9(3):e91504
- A randomised trial of point-of-care tests for chlamydia and gonorrhoea infections in remote Aboriginal communities: Test, Treat ANd GO- the "TTANGO" trial protocol.
Guy RJ, Natoli L, Ward J, Causer L, Hengel B, Whiley D, Tabrizi SN, Donovan B, Fairley CK, Badman SB, Tangey A, Wand H, Shephard M, Regan DG, Wilson D, Anderson D, Kaldor JM
BMC Infect Dis. 2013 Oct; 13(1):485
- Point-of-care testing and the control of infectious diseases.
Mohd Hanafiah K, Garcia M, Anderson D
Biomark Med. 2013 Jun; 7(3):333-347
- Vectorial entry and release of hepatitis A virus in polarized human hepatocytes.
Snooks MJ, Bhat P, Mackenzie J, Counihan NA, Vaughan N, Anderson DA
J Virol. 2008 Sep; 82(17):8733-8742
- Double-antigen enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay for detection of hepatitis E virus-specific antibodies in human or swine sera.
Hu WP, Lu Y, Precioso NA, Chen HY, Howard T, Anderson D, Guan M
Clin Vaccine Immunol. 2008 Aug; 15(8):1151-1157
- Heterosubtypic T-cell responses against avian influenza H5 haemagglutinin are frequently detected in individuals vaccinated against or previously infected with human subtypes of influenza.
Goy K, Von Bibra S, Lewis J, Laurie K, Barr I, Anderson D, Hellard M, Ffrench R
Influenza Other Respi Viruses. 2008 Jul; 2(4):115-125
- Dual infection with hepatitis A and E viruses in outbreaks and in sporadic clinical cases: Cuba 1998-2003.
Rodríguez Lay Lde L, Quintana A, Villalba MC, Lemos G, Corredor MB, Moreno AG, Prieto PA, Guzmán MG, Anderson D
J Med Virol. 2008 May; 80(5):798-802
- Amiloride derivatives inhibit coxsackievirus B3 RNA replication.
Harrison DN, Gazina EV, Purcell DF, Anderson DA, Petrou S
J Virol. 2008 Feb; 82(3):1465-1473
- Virus-like particles: passport to immune recognition.
Grgacic EV, Anderson DA
Methods. 2006 Sep; 40(1):60-65
- Infrared fluorescent immunofocus assay (IR-FIFA) for the quantitation of non-cytopathic and minimally cytopathic viruses.
Counihan NA, Daniel LM, Chojnacki J, Anderson DA
J Virol Methods. 2006 Apr; 133(1):62-69
- The effect of antigen targeting sequences on antibody responses to hepatitis E virus DNA vaccines in rats and sheep.
Li F, Loke P, Healy A, Lightowlers MW, Gauci CG, Purcell DF, Anderson DA
Vaccine. 2006 Feb; 24(9):1367-1377
- Hepatitis E virus infection as a marker for contaminated community drinking water sources in Tibetan villages.
Toole MJ, Claridge F, Anderson DA, Zhuang H, Morgan C, Otto B, Stewart T
Am J Trop Med Hyg. 2006 Feb; 74(2):250-254
- A hydrophobic domain in the large envelope protein is essential for fusion of duck hepatitis B virus at the late endosome.
Chojnacki J, Anderson DA, Grgacic EVL
J Virol. 2005 Dec; 79(23):14945-14955
- Evaluation of a new rapid immunochromatographic assay for serodiagnosis of acute hepatitis E infection.
Myint KSA, Guan M, Chen HY, Lu Y, Anderson D, Howard T, Noedl H, Mammen MP
Am J Trop Med Hyg. 2005 Nov; 73(5):942-946
- Ion transport blockers inhibit human rhinovirus 2 release.
Gazina EV, Harrison DN, Jefferies M, Tan H, Williams D, Anderson DA, Petrou S
Antiviral Res. 2005 Aug; 67(2):98-106
- Structure and molecular virology.
Anderson DA, Cheng RH
Viral Hepatitis, 3rd Edition (Editors: Thomas H, Lemon S, Zuckerman A). 2005 Jul
- St, a truncated envelope protein derived from the S protein of duck hepatitis B virus, acts as a chaperone for the folding of the large envelope protein.
Grgacic EVL, Anderson DA
J Virol. 2005 May; 79(9):5346-5352
- Prevalence of antibodies to hepatitis E virus in residents of a district in Havana, Cuba.
Quintana A, Sanchez L, Larralde O, Anderson D
J Med Virol. 2005 May; 76(1):69-70
- Comparison of a new immunochromatographic test to enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay for rapid detection of immunoglobulin m antibodies to hepatitis e virus in human sera.
Chen HY, Lu Y, Howard T, Anderson D, Fong PY, Hu WP, Chia CP, Guan M
Clin Diagn Lab Immunol. 2005 May; 12(5):593-598
- Identification of immunodominant and conformational epitopes in the capsid protein of hepatitis E virus by using monoclonal antibodies.
Riddell MA, Li F, Anderson DA
J Virol. 2000 Sep; 74(17):8011-8017
- Inactivation and clearance of viruses during the manufacture of high purity factor IX.
Johnston A, Macgregor A, Borovec S, Hattarki M, Stuckly K, Anderson D, Goss NH, Oates A, Uren E
Biologicals. 2000 Sep; 28(3):129-136
- Infection of polarized cultures of human intestinal epithelial cells with hepatitis A virus: vectorial release of progeny virions through apical cellular membranes.
Blank CA, Anderson DA, Beard M, Lemon SM
J Virol. 2000 Jul; 74(14):6476-6484
- Core protein phosphorylation modulates pregenomic RNA encapsidation to different extents in human and duck hepatitis B viruses.
Gazina EV, Fielding JE, Lin B, Anderson DA
J Virol. 2000 May; 74(10):4721-4728
- Recombinant subunit ORF2.1 antigen and induction of antibody against immunodominant epitopes in the hepatitis E virus capsid protein.
Li F, Riddell MA, Seow HF, Takeda N, Miyamura T, Anderson DA
J Med Virol. 2000 Apr; 60(4):379-386
- Uncoating kinetics of hepatitis A virus virions and provirions.
Bishop NE, Anderson DA
J Virol. 2000 Apr; 74(7):3423-3426
- The explosive human immunodeficiency virus type 1 epidemic among injecting drug users of Kathmandu, Nepal, is caused by a subtype C virus of restricted genetic diversity.
Oelrichs RB, Shrestha IL, Anderson DA, Deacon NJ
J Virol. 2000 Feb; 74(3):1149-1157
- A vestigial X open reading frame in duck hepatitis B virus.
Lin B, Anderson DA
Intervirology. 2000 Jan; 43(3):185-190
- Seroprevalence of antibodies to hepatitis E virus in the normal blood donor population and two aboriginal communities in Malaysia.
Seow HF, Mahomed NM, Mak JW, Riddell MA, Li F, Anderson DA
J Med Virol. 1999 Oct; 59(2):164-168
- Serological evidence for swine hepatitis E virus infection in Australian pig herds.
Chandler JD, Riddell MA, Li F, Love RJ, Anderson DA
Vet Microbiol. 1999 Aug; 68(1-2):95-105
- ELISA for IgG-class antibody to hepatitis E virus based on a highly conserved, conformational epitope expressed in Escherichia coli.
Anderson DA, Li F, Riddell M, Howard T, Seow HF, Torresi J, Perry G, Sumarsidi D, Shrestha SM, Shrestha IL
J Virol Methods. 1999 Aug; 81(1-2):131-142
- Only the non-glycosylated fraction of hepatitis E virus capsid (open reading frame 2) protein is stable in mammalian cells.
Torresi J, Li F, Locarnini SA, Anderson DA
J Gen Virol. 1999 May; 80 ( Pt 5):1185-1188
- Normal phosphorylation of duck hepatitis B virus L protein is dispensable for infectivity.
Grgacic EV, Lin B, Gazina EV, Snooks MJ, Anderson DA
J Gen Virol. 1998 Nov; 79 ( Pt 11):2743-2751
- Chromatographic removal and heat inactivation of hepatitis B virus during the manufacture of human albumin.
Adcock WL, MacGregor A, Davies JR, Hattarki M, Anderson DA, Goss NH
Biotechnol Appl Biochem. 1998 Oct; 28 ( Pt 2):169-178
- Chromatographic removal and heat inactivation of hepatitis A virus during manufacture of human albumin.
Adcock WL, MacGregor A, Davies JR, Hattarki M, Anderson DA, Goss NH
Biotechnol Appl Biochem. 1998 Aug; 28 ( Pt 1):85-94
- Intracellular retention of duck hepatitis B virus large surface protein is independent of preS topology.
Gazina EV, Lin B, Gallina A, Milanesi G, Anderson DA
Virology. 1998 Mar; 242(2):266-278
- High level expression of the capsid protein of hepatitis E virus in diverse eukaryotic cells using the Semliki Forest virus replicon.
Torresi J, Meanger J, Lambert P, Li F, Locarnini SA, Anderson DA
J Virol Methods. 1997 Dec; 69(1-2):81-91
- Quantification of infectious duck hepatitis B virus by radioimmunofocus assay.
Anderson DA, Grgacic EV, Luscombe CA, Gu X, Dixon R
J Med Virol. 1997 Aug; 52(4):354-361
- Amino-terminal epitopes are exposed when full-length open reading frame 2 of hepatitis E virus is expressed in Escherichia coli, but carboxy-terminal epitopes are masked.
Li F, Torresi J, Locarnini SA, Zhuang H, Zhu W, Guo X, Anderson DA
J Med Virol. 1997 Jul; 52(3):289-300
- Early interactions of hepatitis A virus with cultured cells: viral elution and the effect of pH and calcium ions.
Bishop NE, Anderson DA
Arch Virol. 1997 Jan; 142(11):2161-2178
- Hepatitis A virus subviral particles: purification, accumulation, and relative infectivity of virions, provirions and procapsids.
Bishop NE, Anderson DA
Arch Virol. 1997 Jan; 142(11):2147-2160
- Locally acquired hepatitis E in the Northern Territory of Australia.
Heath TC, Burrow JN, Currie BJ, Bowden FJ, Fisher DA, Demediuk BH, Locarnini SA, Anderson DA.
Med J Aust. 1995 Mar; 162(6):318-319
- Restrictive events in the replication of hepatitis A virus in vitro.
D A Anderson, S A Locarnini, A G Coulepis, I D Gust
Intervirology. 1995 Jan; 24(1):26-32
News Articles (86)