Peter has an interest in creating and developing diagnostic assays, with a focus on electrochemical or immuno-assays. Most of Peter's career has been in the commercial research and manufacturing environment:
- Led the research to create a point-of-care blood coagulation assay built around electrochemical detection.
- Verification of an immunohistochemistry staining instrument.
- Manufacturing and troubleshooting specialised coagulation reagents.
Peter is experienced in:
- IVD Assay design and development
- Quality systems
- 2000: PhD, UNSW Sydney
- Science Lead at Leica Biosystems
- Research Manager and Project Leader at Universal Biosensors
- Senior Scientist at Gradipore/Life Therapeutics