During the third year of her degree Emilia was offered a summer internship at the Bundoora campus of Walter & Eliza Hall Institute (WEHI) as an Animal Technician. She continued on to full time employment and stayed at WEHI in this role for four years across both Bundoora and Parkville campuses. Emilia then moved into a Research Assistant position working on Acute Myeloid Leukemia, particularly the role of CEBPa and PU.1 on cell differentiation in cell culture and animal models based at WEHI and then at the Australian Centre for Blood Disease at AMREP. The results of this work are currently being submitted for publication. In 2016 Emilia began studying Graphic Design part time at the Billy Blue College of Design in Melbourne.
- To be completed 2018 – HE Diploma Graphic Design, Billy Blue Design College, Melbourne
- 2013 – Bachelor Animal and Veterinary Bioscience, Latrobe University, Bundoora
- 2018-present: Scientific Support Officer, Burnet Institute
- 2015-2018: Research Assistant, Australian Centre for Blood Diseases
- 2011-2014: Animal Technician, Walter & Eliza Hall Institute