Burnet Institute has been acknowledged by RESULTS Australia with a 2020 Leadership Award.
The RESULTS Australia Annual Leadership Awards celebrate and recognise the hard work and commitment of parliamentarians, volunteers, journalists, not for profit and corporate partners who support the vital campaigning and advocacy work of RESULTS Australia.
Burnet is the winner of the RESULTS Not For Profit Partner Award for 2020.
Burnet Director and CEO Professor Brendan Crabb AC said the award was a huge honour for the Institute.
“Through hard work and grass-roots advocacy to highlight issues around global poverty and infectious diseases such as tuberculosis, RESULTS Australia has helped to achieve millions of dollars being pledged to the Global Fund and to GAVI,” Professor Crabb said.
“It’s also helped initiate program support through DFAT’s Indo Pacific Centre for Health Security, of which Burnet has been a direct beneficiary.
“We’re absolutely delighted to be able to work with RESULTS with a common aim to improve the health of the most vulnerable,” Professor Crabb said.
Other RESULTS Award winners were:
- Political Leadership Award: Senator Louise Pratt
- Advocate/Volunteer Leadership Award – More than 12 months: Hanh Nguyen
- Advocate/Volunteer Leadership Award – Less than 12 months: Annie Pidgeon
- Media Leader Award: Tahlea Aualiitia – ABC Pacific Beat
- Corporate Leader Award: Christie Spaces
Find out more about Burnet’s work in Health Security.