The Australasian Viral Hepatitis Conference is the leading multidisciplinary Viral Hepatitis conference in Australasia.
Burnet’s researchers will present across a broad range of topics including:
- Professor Margaret Hellard - surveillance of hepatitis B and C in Australia
- Associate Professor David Anderson - Point-of-care alanine aminotransferase (ALT) diagnostic development
- Dr Nick Scott - role of modelling in vaccine development
- Dr Amanda Wade - hepatitis C management for GPs
- Dr Joe Doyle - Burnet’s Treatment And Prevention Study (TAP) and PRIME Study
Caption: Professor Margaret Hellard proudly supporting the ‘Elimination is the goal’ campaign launched at VH16.
Burnet Institute’s Principal for Sexual and Reproductive Health, Associate Professor Mark Stoové is a member of the Conference Epidemiological, Public Health and Prevention Committee, and Deputy Head of the Centre for Biomedical Research, Associate Professor Heidi Drummer sits on the Basic Science Committee.
The conference attracts delegates from a range of research, clinical and public health areas. These include viral hepatitis specialists, physicians, addiction medicine specialists, nurses, social workers, community workers, scientists, researchers, state and national government representatives and people living with viral hepatitis.
For more information visit hepatitis.org.au